Page 361 of 613 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    To be fair, he's saying that from her perspective, and her taking responsibility for whatever actions she's taken to not repair their relationship. Honesty and a relationship (romantic or family) are two way streets, ya know, and sometime you gotta put yourself out there even when the other person doesn't want to give the first inch. Her hearing Sam talk more mess about her boyfriend/husband and the race her kid belongs to couldn't have possibly made it easier to say anything. That's her disagreeing with Sam on ideological differences, yeah, but there's also an extra layer of hard resentment because that's her kid and husband he's unknowing bad mouthing and tearing down, and Sam can't possibly know that.

That being said, it doesn't excuse his words or actions, or make him being a generally difficult human being any less on him. But, and I imagine this is where Lois might be coming from, she didn't even try because, as she explained, she's just like him in a lot of ways. Her feeling responsibility comes from perspective that she could have shared with a person so similar to herself.

That's how I read it and the issue. She wants to break the cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Yeah. The fact that Lois did bring up people lying to the General points a finger directly at Sam but Lois is trying to mend fences. She can only be successful if she acknowledges her own mistakes/weaknesses that cemented the cold and distant relationship between father and daughter. She's like Sam in personality but has to rise above that and be better and that takes humility. I don't see Bendis actually blaming Lois for the terrible relationship they have because everyone knows it's Sam's hatred for Superman that ruined whatever relationship they had.
    Yeah, I'm probably reading to much into a AMA answer that already had typos. It just stuck out to me because I can understand Lois feeling that way, completely, it makes sense. But the actual fault lies with Sam and his prejudices. I expect that Bendis will have him take responsibility for that at some point in this story. Hopefully not right before he dies.

BANNED

Superman#9 by Rob Liefeld

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Superman#9 by Rob Liefeld

He's improved, but I can't say I care for that face.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, I'm probably reading to much into a AMA answer that already had typos. It just stuck out to me because I can understand Lois feeling that way, completely, it makes sense. But the actual fault lies with Sam and his prejudices. I expect that Bendis will have him take responsibility for that at some point in this story. Hopefully not right before he dies.
    I don't want him to die. For so long we had Sam hates Superman stories, with the tension that he could find out the secret and that was good. Now that he knows Supes is his son in law, we have plenty of more story to tell with a fresh injection of more tension as these two men navigate one another. Killing off Sam, especially this soon is just a waste. There's more mileage in the continued relationship than another dead Sam Lane plot. Plus I'm just giddy over the sudden expansion of the Superfamily, including Jor-El. I want to see more of the family dynamics explored, not aborted before they can be well cooked.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I expect that Bendis will have him take responsibility for that at some point in this story.
    I expect nothing less than this on some level. Be it a grand heroic gesture, or a quite moment.

Hopefully not right before he dies.
    It would just be sooooo cool to have him stay alive.

I reread his Den of Geek interview recently, and when talking about Jon's new situation and how, the Kents will deal with it he said "it allows the family dynamic to really deal with each other in a new way, but hopefully in a spectacularly healthy way." So I'd love it if Lois' relationship with Sam, and Clark and Jon's relationship with Sam were dealt with in a similarly healthy way.

Seriously, I just think back to how JJ killed a story that could've exposed the new Spider-Man's identity to honor what Peter did, and make up for what he used to do. That's probably one of the most genuinely cathartic moments I've had reading Bendis' work, and I'd love nothing more than something similar with Sam, Lois, Clark, and Jon.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Plus I'm just giddy over the sudden expansion of the Superfamily, including Jor-El. I want to see more of the family dynamics explored, not aborted before they can be well cooked.
    Same! And I think we might be in good company given what Bendis eventually turned the Parker household into throughout his run.

He had Peter, MJ regularly visiting, Bobby, Johnny, a clone of Gwen, and Aunt May holding it all down. He also kept around Jessica Drew aka the female Peter clone. I think he digs a bit of expanse.

Can you imagine if Zod and his family end up being regulars? lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    He's improved, but I can't say I care for that face.
    That is a classic liefeld face right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    That is a classic liefeld face right there.
    No, a classic Liefeld face would have him baring his teeth and no pupils as he grimaces.

Kon93

No, a classic Liefeld face would have him baring his teeth and no pupils as he grimaces.

Well then quasi classic liefeld face then lol

It's classic Liefeld in that there's no feet.

I've noticed something in Action Comics the other day. I went back and looked over AC 1001-1007. At the Daily Planet, there is no mention of Jon Kent at all. The only time he mention is when Lois and Clark, also when Lois and Sam Lane talk. Perry White is his godfather and meet most of the people there expect the 2 new people.

So, like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, like this?

Broly has better body proportions than an early Liefeld body.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I've noticed something in Action Comics the other day. I went back and looked over AC 1001-1007. At the Daily Planet, there is no mention of Jon Kent at all. The only time he mention is when Lois and Clark, also when Lois and Sam Lane talk. Perry White is his godfather and meet most of the people there expect the 2 new people.
    I think that’s kind of done on purpose. The first arc of Superman has flashbacks dealing primarily with Jon spread throughout it. Meanwhile, Lois got a huge focus in Action. Action gets Lois, Superman gets Jon, but, they all appear in the same book when the story seems it necessary, like when Jon returned.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I think that’s kind of done on purpose. The first arc of Superman has flashbacks dealing primarily with Jon spread throughout it. Meanwhile, Lois got a huge focus in Action. Action gets Lois, Superman gets Jon, but, they all appear in the same book when the story seems it necessary, like when Jon returned.
    I know their doing that. But you would think at one time Perry would ask Clark "What Jon's been up to lately?" I'm not expecting him to show up, just acknowledgement. It would nice to see Jon have an interview as Superboy at the Daily Planet.
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 02-22-2019 at 07:10 PM.