Page 172 of 613 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 9194
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Please let there be more good news.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

GOD DAMN SUPERMAN IV-ASS NUCLEAR MAN IS COMING! He's showin' up in Superman #2! People dared Bendis to use him, and he's doing it!
    Buh-bye

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

ROFL, wow. Hope Zaar kills him in three panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    GOD DAMN SUPERMAN IV-ASS NUCLEAR MAN IS COMING! He's showin' up in Superman #2! People dared Bendis to use him, and he's doing it!
    Technically, isn't good guy Firestorm already "The Nuclear Man"? Just saying...

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

https://www.newsarama.com/40464-kevi...ng-voices.html

So I guess this is a full preview along with a Maguire interview.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Last image is the cover for issue 5 of Superman, which Bendis is referring to as part of the year-long "United Saga", spoilers:
    with Superman standing side-by-side with Zod as if allies.
    end of spoilers
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Last image is the cover for issue 5 of Superman, which Bendis is referring to as part of the year-long "United Saga", spoilers:
    with Superman standing side-by-side with Zod as if allies.
    end of spoilers
    I’ve been thinking recently that I’d love to see him play a more “Ra’s” role as a wannabe “evil mentor” type to Kal. No clue if that’s what’s going to happen but I’m excited!

It seems to me as if there's going to be some growing anti-Kryptonian sentiment amongst Earth after the things Zaar reveals about Krypton and what's experienced in the Phantom Zone. Maybe Superman gets a bit fed-up about that, and re-enter spoilers:
    Zod
    end of spoilers who tries to get in Superman's ear now that he's vulnerable.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think it'd be really interesting seeing Zod become a anti hero. Also this era will be known as the United saga? Interesting

Yeah, that's another way to look at it. They unite to take down Zaar or something. Probably better than my idea, haha.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

- Damn, Ian McShane as Rogal Zaar is pretty great. Sold freakin pull, Bendis.

- Hype for Nuclear Man. His fight with Superman on the moon is, totally unironically, my favorite live-action depiction of a superhero fight....even now. It's a messy, awkward, and most of all totally honest depiction of what it would have to look like for humanoid gods to have a street fight.

- Digging the preview a lot. Loving Zaar's implied tactics, and how he has basically robbed Superman of 87.5% of his power.

- "United Saga" seems pretty interesting at face value. I think most of all I'm just happy there's a plan of this stature--similar to King's 100 issue run plan--for Superman.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Also, issue six of Man of Steel is double-sized...makes sense given it's got the arduous task of revealing Lois and Jon's fates as well as likely get the planet where it needs to be in the Phantom Zone

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And so what if so? Stop being so elitist and worrying what different types of Superman fans want and trying to label them for wanting it.
    Despite the tremendous double-standard often at work here at CBR, I really hope Kuwagaton will knock you for the name-calling. I've been temporarily banned for name-calling a creator who doesn't even visit this board, yet you can call me a name and continue with no consequences.

Or maybe they have read old school stuff and prefer the fresh angle of being hitched with a family over repeating the same tired beats with him single time and again. Ever consider that ?
    Precisely. I enjoy all eras of Superman in comics (aside from N52) but there's so much more to explore with Clark and Lois and Jon than simply riffing on a status quo that was in place for the bulk of Superman's history before the N52.

Obviously Lois and Lex having some interaction was meant to be synergy for that Metropolis tv project that's in development hell.

But yeah, this is proof if any needed Bendis has been lying a lot in his interviews. He said we would'nt see much of Lex early in his run, yet here we are. He said he wouldn't knock over the apple cart, but destroyed Kandor.
    The man has lied in interviews for decades now, yet he always has defenders (like many in this forum) who just excuse it as "teasing" or "getting fans interested." There's keeping secrets close to the vest to avoid spoilers and then outright lies. Bendis excels at the latter, which is why I have no doubt the Super marriage and Jon will be either undone or negatively altered in a year's time and for who knows how long. DiDio is in charge and Lee, who seems to simply go along with whatever DiDio says and believes, is now the CCO. Irony of ironies that a man who can't keep a deadline and hasn't created anything original in decades is CCO of a comic book company.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Whatever it is who really knew that Kandor was even around and what significance did it really have at this point any way? Besides nostalgia of course. Why do you think the idea of Metropolis even stupid is though? Besides it not including Superman.
    The significance of Kandor is manifold: it is a piece of Krypton and "home" that ever eludes Clark and also represents a commitment he's made that he has yet to keep. Despite all he can do, he hasn't been able to restore Kandor and his people to a regular life. Kandor is no less important because it isn't mentioned in every issue or every hundred issues. This is yet more apologizing for Bendis' crappy writing by retconning iconic themes and elements of Superman's mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It seems to me as if there's going to be some growing anti-Kryptonian sentiment amongst Earth after the things Zaar reveals about Krypton and what's experienced in the Phantom Zone. Maybe Superman gets a bit fed-up about that, and re-enter spoilers:
    Zod
    end of spoilers who tries to get in Superman's ear now that he's vulnerable.
    I really hope that happens! It's so damned original! We've never seen anti-Kryptonian sentiment before! It also worked so well for the abysmal Snyderverse films! Let's do all we can to make the comics more like that garbage! Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think it'd be really interesting seeing Zod become a anti hero. Also this era will be known as the United saga? Interesting
    It will be interesting because of how fresh and unique it is. It's not like any Superman villains have been anti-heroes for the last few years...oh, wait. Well, it's still unique because no other villains in the DCU have had that treatment recently. Except for Sinestro...and Harley...and the Joker (even though it's out of continuity)...and soon, Darkseid...

Also, issue six of Man of Steel is double-sized...makes sense given it's got the arduous task of revealing Lois and Jon's fates as well as likely get the planet where it needs to be in the Phantom Zone
    Too bad the writing wasn't stronger so that we wouldn't need a double-sized final issue to complete a story that so far doesn't feel like it warrants a full six-issue mini.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Despite the tremendous double-standard often at work here at CBR, I really hope Kuwagaton will knock you for the name-calling. I've been temporarily banned for name-calling a creator who doesn't even visit this board, yet you can call me a name and continue with no consequences.

Precisely. I enjoy all eras of Superman in comics (aside from N52) but there's so much more to explore with Clark and Lois and Jon than simply riffing on a status quo that was in place for the bulk of Superman's history before the N52.

The man has lied in interviews for decades now, yet he always has defenders (like many in this forum) who just excuse it as "teasing" or "getting fans interested." There's keeping secrets close to the vest to avoid spoilers and then outright lies. Bendis excels at the latter, which is why I have no doubt the Super marriage and Jon will be either undone or negatively altered in a year's time and for who knows how long. DiDio is in charge and Lee, who seems to simply go along with whatever DiDio says and believes, is now the CCO. Irony of ironies that a man who can't keep a deadline and hasn't created anything original in decades is CCO of a comic book company.

The significance of Kandor is manifold: it is a piece of Krypton and "home" that ever eludes Clark and also represents a commitment he's made that he has yet to keep. Despite all he can do, he hasn't been able to restore Kandor and his people to a regular life. Kandor is no less important because it isn't mentioned in every issue or every hundred issues. This is yet more apologizing for Bendis' crappy writing by retconning iconic themes and elements of Superman's mythos.

I really hope that happens! It's so damned original! We've never seen anti-Kryptonian sentiment before! It also worked so well for the abysmal Snyderverse films! Let's do all we can to make the comics more like that garbage! Hooray!

It will be interesting because of how fresh and unique it is. It's not like any Superman villains have been anti-heroes for the last few years...oh, wait. Well, it's still unique because no other villains in the DCU have had that treatment recently. Except for Sinestro...and Harley...and the Joker (even though it's out of continuity)...and soon, Darkseid...

Too bad the writing wasn't stronger so that we wouldn't need a double-sized final issue to complete a story that so far doesn't feel like it warrants a full six-issue mini.
    I understand the worry about Didio and Lee, but I'm a bit at odds with Kandor. I like it being around, but New Krypton basically told that story ad naseum. It sucks that it's gone, sure, but he hasn't undone the marriage so I'm not going to hold it against him yet. If he does it, I'll grab s pitchfork too, but let's just see where this goes first. Remember how worried everyone was over Black Dawn and how we were worried they were crippling Lois for shock value?

By all means, worry if you're unsure, but if MoS is a mission statement for his runs, let's at least let Bendis put all his cards on the table before cashing his chips.