Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pitch A Direction: Cir-El

Inspired from the Pitch A Direction thread for Linda Danvers, I remember that there was another Supergirl named Cir-El (or Mia), she has not made an appearance in post-flashpoint. I want to know what direction would you pitch for the character.

A young girl kidnapped by Brainiac and cybernetically modified. She is freed by Clark and Kara and tries to adjust to normal life.

Under Tomasi or Jurgens, since some writers are simply incapable of writing kid characters or don't like to, have her be kid Jon's baby sister.
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 10-31-2020 at 12:21 AM.

What a great concept wasted.

She can be Jon's sister from the future comeback, and not knowing she is a sleeper agent.

She can be Conner Kent's clone twin sister, but wasn't released when he was, and with different powers.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    What a great concept wasted.

She can be Jon's sister from the future comeback, and not knowing she is a sleeper agent.

She can be Conner Kent's clone twin sister, but wasn't released when he was, and with different powers.
    Her being Conner's clone reminds me of Honey Badger (X-23's clone), I would not mind that.

I do not have an actual direction for Cir-El as I do not know that much of the character, I was looking at her profiles from the DC Wikia website and it does remind me of the 90's Superboy.

Mia could just be a human where Brainiac kidnaps her by looking at his database to find potential beings from his foreknowledge technology to be used as a countermeasure for Kryptonians. Mia was grafted with Superman's genetic template which interacts with her dormant metahuman gene and it alters her bio-field where she can absorb energy from the yellow sun and gain but the processing allows her to channel and manipulate wavelengths of solar energy (red, orange, yellow, blue, etc.) so not only she could depower Kryptonians she can enhance them.

After seeing DC Future State and with Supergirl TV show ending soon. I would not mind if Kara becomes Superwoman which leaves the codename 'Supergirl' for Mia or she could have a different codename.

We could go with a time displaced Jon's daughter. So she is the granddaughter of Superman.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just make her Superman's daughter either fully grown via time travel or a kid to go along with young adult Jon.

I always liked Cir-El. I'm not really into Superman having kids in the main books- but since we're already stuck with one, why not have another? As long as she gets an update that keeps the spirit and general look of that wicked Y2K aesthetic.

Now that we're here and vibing, I can see a clear way to riff the Futuresmiths in a fun new way and use them as bit players in the ongoing Super books. Brainiac, too. Maybe even the Red/Blue power suits. I'm getting off track here, but who cares!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-30-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Luthor or Cadmus should have made 2 clones of superman, a male and a female. The newsboys broke kon out, but either didn't know about cir or didn't have time to release her. So kon got out and was free to be whoever he wanted, and cir was stuck and programmed by lex or Cadmus and was released for nefarious means

She is the daughter Superman don't know he have with Maxima.

They dated for a while before Clark get together with Lois, when she realized that he would not adopt the Almerac ways and be at her side ruling her Empire she left. She only find out she was pregnant after she was back on Almerac, after some pondering she decided that she would raise her child on the Almerachian(?) ways, and didn't wanted Superman "humanist" line of thinking influencing her daughter.

The girl grow up on Almerac being educated by her mother and the emperial tutors on the imperialist and conquering ways of her culture, but she always wanted to met her father. So once she is on her late teens, she stole a ship and came to Earth after Superman. But after arriving she gets a little insecure and take a disguise as an student on Jon's school (he is 10 years old here).

After she already revealed herself and is living with Clark and Lois, Maxima comes after her heir, and she wants her to go back to Almerac, she brought an army to make sure of it.
    And so begins one of the most epic custody battles ever.

I always thought she could be a good fit for the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    I thought that as well. A good stand in for Laurel Kent and her red sun burst would have been a nice evolutionary offshoot.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    I agree with that. I thought both her and Lor Zod/Chris Kent should have been sent off to the future to act as the new Superboy and Supergirl of the Legion full time.

At the end of the New Krypton arc, that planet should have been sent to Legion era. Would have sent Chris, Thara, and the rest to the 31st century where they would meet Cir-El.

Extraordinary Member

I'd reimagine her as being sort of like eleven from Stranger Things, a traumatized girl who Superman rescues from a government facility, and adopts.

Perhaps have her DNA resemble a mix of Lois and Clark's, to set up a mystery.

I'd just make her Lois and Clark's daughter.

I still think that having their child be a boy was a seriously missed opportunity, because a daughter could have opened far more possibilities when it came to family dynamics.