Page 217 of 613 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 9194
    Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm a "proof is in the pudding" sort of gal, so I gonna wait and see before losing it over Bendis' writing. He hasn't made me want to stop reading, in fact I wish we were still getting four books a months instead of two.
    For what it's worth, a monthly schedule allows for a steadier workload and more quality art. According to Lvenger on a different thread, Tomasi and Gleason said the twice monthly release schedule was exhausting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Heroes In Crisis, Bat Wedding, and everything going on with Dick Grayson say hi
    Someone will have to explain those to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    For what it's worth, a monthly schedule allows for a steadier workload and more quality art. According to Lvenger on a different thread, Tomasi and Gleason said the twice monthly release schedule was exhausting them.
    I can respect that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The suit Kara is wearing isn't a suit she's ever worn ever in current continuity to my knowledge, so it stands to reason that if this is Kal's inner thoughts then it's just his imagination. And why wouldn't he know what Lois looked like in her Rebirth Superwoman suit? She made a very public debut as Superwoman (still in continuity) and there's also the fact that his literal essence was powering her at the time.
    We know Lois was Superwoman in the post-Reborn canon simply because she said so in Superwoman's finale, but was there a sufficient explanation as to why Clark's essence was powering her and Lana if he wasn't dead?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

We know Lois was Superwoman in the post-Reborn canon simply because she said so in Superwoman's finale, but was there a sufficient explanation as to why Clark's essence was powering her and Lana if he wasn't dead?
    Even if you don't wanna for the essence explanation (even though New Superman makes it clear that this is still super possible). There's the simple fact that Lois' short time as Superwoman was out in the open, and they've likely talked about it since. It's not a leap in logic, and treating it as such is a hilarious nitpick that does nothing for the story.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Even if you don't wanna for the essence explanation (even though New Superman makes it clear that this is still super possible). There's the simple fact that Lois' short time as Superwoman was out in the open, and they've likely talked about it since. It's not a leap in logic, and treating it as such is a hilarious nitpick that does nothing for the story.
    I wasn't treating it as a nitpick

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Calling it now, it's either evil adult Jon or evil Lois. For some reason, I'm leaning towards evil Lois (the figure's outline looks vaguely feminine to me).
    Seems that I am not THE ONLY who imaginated Lois(with powers) here... However, she returned recently..

Since I don't know how to post tweets, Bendis just posted a pencil preview page by Reis from Superman (don't know what issue) with Lois (in what appears to be the Reborn suit) and Jon (not aged up). Zod's in it as well and only other person I recognise is Eradicator.

Edit: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4HX-vB...=1t7dcwr1ybylf
    You are right.. She is Lois..

Why put her in this situation? Zod&family/allies are villains.. Suddently she obtained powers again?

Kara is wearing an armor? Who is the character under Kelex? I tried but I didn´t recognize him..

Unless Lois really is an imposter/Red Cloud in Action Comics, which, I might add, was a possibility on the Red Cloud suspect list.
    What? Red Cloud is like Superman Clayface?
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-18-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Since I don't know how to post tweets, Bendis just posted a pencil preview page by Reis from Superman (don't know what issue) with Lois (in what appears to be the Reborn suit) and Jon (not aged up). Zod's in it as well and only other person I recognise is Eradicator.

Edit: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4HX-vB...=1t7dcwr1ybylf
    Thanks for sharing, rpmaluki! Here's the image:

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Thanks for sharing, rpmaluki! Here's the image:

Damage is here? I am not sure who is this character under Kelex..

In Superman we are in the PHANTOM ZONE... I think that these characters in the 3rd image are Kryptonians prisoners that Zod wants to start his New Krypton... If Superman wants Zod help he should give them to him.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-19-2018 at 01:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Damage is here? I am not sure who is this character under Kelex..
    It's Jimmy in one of his altered states. He got up to this a lot in the old days.

It's Jimmy in one of his altered states. He got up to this a lot in the old days.
    Now that I see the character closely, maybe you are right..

Altered states?? Ok.. I read many Pre-flashpointJimmy page aliases in DC wiki Elastic Lad, Mister Action, Gravedigger Lad, Turtle Boy.. Now I understand this, he received different kinds of powers in the past and then losed them..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-19-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Why are we assuming he's contradicting anything when we have zero clue what the context of the panel even is as its incomplete and part of an issue that's months away from release?

Oh, yeah, the irrational Bendis hate. Nevermind.
    No offence but given your constant criticism of the Rebirth era Superman comics, which you were more than entitled to make, you come off as very hypocritical at my criticisms of Bendis' writing on Superman. Repeating the 'irrational Bendis hate' mantra doesn't change all the problems Bendis' writing contains that many fans have complained about when he was at Marvel.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    No offence but given your constant criticism of the Rebirth era Superman comics, which you were more than entitled to make, you come off as very hypocritical at my criticisms of Bendis' writing on Superman. Repeating the 'irrational Bendis hate' mantra doesn't change all the problems Bendis' writing contains that many fans have complained about when he was at Marvel.
    You still haven't address neither mine nor Sacred Knight's question: what contradiction are you talking about? How did you arrive at the claim that Bendis is "contradicting his own writing again" based on the Reis image devoid of color, text, and context?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm not going to say with 100% certainty that I never ragged on a Rebirth solicit, or some sort of promo where I might not have the full scope of the context, just because I already knew I disliked the direction. I certainly might have. It would have been fair to call me out then if I did, though. For the most part though when I criticized the stuff during Rebirth it was completed issues. When you criticize a completed story I wouldn't just say its mindless Bendis hate, I might still disagree and retort, but at least the argument would be based off an in-context issue. But this is a couple of unfinished panels of which we know nothing about.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-19-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

What contradiction?
    One example is Rogol Zaar hating Kryptonians for some reason in Man of Steel but in Superman#3 Rogol is suddenly willing to work with Jax-Ur. And it's not because Jax is a criminal on Krypton because Rogol calls Zod the worst criminal over Jax and he's going to fight Zod in the next couple issues. Another example would be his portrayal of Oz/Jor-El as being more disdainful of Earth's cultural effect on his son and Jon when at the end of Oz Effect his personality was altered by the staff mind controlling him. It's glaring inconsistencies like that which prevent me from enjoying Bendis' writing at all. And he's going to be writing my favourite character for at least another year, maybe two.