Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
From Word Baloon

-Bendis has read the script for issue one of Heroes In Crisis and really relates to it, says the book got under his skin and that's crafted at a high level and very "true"

-Bendis won't be at San Diego

-Bendis talks about nailing Jon's temperment, energy and needs, says it's not difficult due to knowing people like Jon

-Says it's as difficult to make a fun story as it is a complex story.

-Says Incredibles 2 is a perfect example of a simple emotional and honest story making itself appear complicated

-Bendis didn't like Solo

-Tells the story of the real life Rogul that saved his life and inspired Zarr

-Starfire's dad was among the Circle in MOS 1, including two new characters who will be covered more in Superman and Supergirl

-Bendis was surprised he didn't get his ass kicked as much when he destroyed Kandor, said the story was writing itself and it wasn't a planned moment, said destroying Kandor scared even him

-Says this story will not affect the saga of Krypton, just affecting what went on behind the scenes

-Bendis says that he is gunning for the emotion of elseworlds and imaginary stories in his run

-Says Jurgens deserves a slow golf clap, and is flabbergasted at what he accomplished.

-Says Lois and Jon come back with a story..."Grandpa's crazy, help", and that Jon is still with Jor-El. Lois returns ahead of him. Says he is a quest to surprise and delight "those who have seen it all". Says Jon is made of win.

-Says his son loves the Supersons books.

-Says a Lois Lane book is in the development stages

-Says that Ryan Sook is illustrating Action 1004

-Says after Issue 1005 is "the biggest thing he's ever god damn done"

-Cat Grant is in issue 1003 trying to steal away Clark to work for her

-Jimmy has stuff going on
Yeesssss. I really hope it makes it out of the development stages.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
I don't think the marriage is ending either.

From the way Bendis describes them as a family, I can't see how that some how means they are breaking up as a family. We saw that Lois left with Jon but she didn't actually leave Clark in terms of their relationship. If things get a little more interesting and fleshed out where they are shown to have some drama, I still don't see how that equates to them separating/breaking up/divorcing or whatever.

This feels like making a mountain out of a mole hill because people don't trust Bendis and some people involved with Superman, speaking in their own capacity it and not in official capacity said some discouraging things about Superman and his marriage (which I didn't appreciate btw) and somehow ascribing it to DC ending it all.

I haven't heard anything remotely official about the dissolving of L&C's marriage and thus cannot entertain it at all. Speculating on this is aggravating for me because there is no conclusive proof of anything other than an expression of fear in hyperbolic terms. I see things differently and am hopeful a little more and more each day, especially after hearing about a possible Lois book in development. And no, I don't take that as proof of her separating from Clark either.

If they do break up/separate/divorce over some flimsy excuse because DC wants to reset Clark back into his bachelorhood, only then will I complain, until then, I am going to enjoy the books, which aren't perfect but they still have me excited to read Superman, as always.
This. I really, really, REALLY don't think a separation or divorce is in the works. If it does come to past I will eat crow and wave my pitchfork with the rest. However, just going by Bendis' constant insistence that he won't be undoing the marriage I'm going to remain doubtful for now. I could understand being uneasy by the usage of the term "stand by it" because it is almost always used in relation to something controversial. That said, I still don't think it's something like a separation or divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
Actually, we only think the issues Bendis intentionally makes a big song and dance of in interviews are the ones that will rock the boat with the marriage. In what way is really up to him.
True. Fear based marketing was used prior to Man of Steel to try to gin up anxiety and mystery surrounding their fates. But that being said, I still don't think a break up is happening. I get the anxiety, I do, but considering how much they have said that a divorce isn't happening I'm going to believe them. Well, at least for now that is.