Page 539 of 613 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That’s Michael Holt Mr. Terrific who is currently Mr. Terrific and leading the Terrifics as well as someone who has been a member of the JSA for quite some time now.

Terry Sloane is the first Mr. Terrific who has nothing to do with the Terrifics but was a part of the JSA. Terry Sloane is the classic golden age Mr. Terrific who died a while back, he wears a red and green outfit.

Attachment 93152
    Oh wow..had no idea, definitely showing my lack of knowledge there lol!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    To be fair I think Sloane has been dead for a few decades now, I think it was before Crisis on Infinite Earths even. He did come back for like one time travel story in JSA, a appearance in Starman, Blackest Night, and new 52 Earth 2 where he was a villain.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-14-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I had no clue Holt was a legacy for a long time either. And to be fair Holt is in a Hal Jordan/Barry Allan situation where his popularity far outstrips his predecessor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Andy Schmidt is an odd choice to launch it and it doesn't exactly instill confidence that they are turning the launch of this initiative over to some guy who's biggest credit seems to have been being Bendis' editor on Secret War and a Star Trek comic 10 years ago. It is akin to some of the New 52's editorial driven nonsense and just throwing things at whoever is available.
    Schmidt is also kind of infamous among the Transformers fandom for his time editing the IDW comics with all the inconsistencies and continuity issues that popped up during his tenure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I can get that, but I guess I just didn't get hung up on that. Personally (obviously you can see it differently), I kind of like the whole "True Hollywood Story" aspect to the rise and fall of the JSA. There's always a reflex to over idealize the 30s/40s, but that's never been the reality. There's something interesting to me about this inherently ephemeral group of idealist come together right at the height of the war to be heroes to a world, but then coming home and (according to the new timeline) get weighed down and ultimately disbanded by a society that wasn't as ready for them as we'd thought. It's only years later with the rise of Superman and his generation that the world realizes what it gave up out of (I'm guessing) fear. It recontexualizes the JSA as this group of idealist that were ahead of their time, and ultimately had a rocky and rough twilight of the old gods sort of deal.

Conceptually, I'll be honest, I dig it.
    That's not really a new perspective on the group in my opinion, although maybe they'll put some more emphasis on it for 5G and in the special then they did Post-Crisis.

I'm not really down for one of the JSA compromising themselves though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    To be fair I think Sloane has been dead for a few decades now, I think it was before Crisis on Infinite Earths even. He did come back for like one time travel story in JSA, a appearance in Starman, Blackest Night, and new 52 Earth 2 where he was a villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I had no clue Holt was a legacy for a long time either. And to be fair Holt is in a Hal Jordan/Barry Allan situation where his popularity far outstrips his predecessor.
    Here's where I'll throw in a shameless plug for Geoff Johns' JSA run .

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's not really a new perspective on the group in my opinion, although maybe they'll put some more emphasis on it for 5G and in the special then they did Post-Crisis.
    Well, I mean, isn't that part of the point? Everything prior to Gen 5 isn't really about reinventing the wheel, but rather about recontextualizing and reordering.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well, I mean, isn't that part of the point? Everything prior to Gen 5 isn't really about reinventing the wheel, but rather about recontextualizing and reordering.
    I think Didio's alluded as much, but in the JSA's case I don't think it would different from the JSA's handling Post-Crisis unless some events are handled significantly differently.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    but in the JSA's case I don't think it would different from the JSA's handling Post-Crisis unless some events are handled significantly differently.
    Again, yeah, that's partly the point, right? But obviously there's going to be new stories told in that time via Snyder's JSA book set during then
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-14-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Edit: Ended up being older images, but DC's older timeline draft if anyone wants to see: https://twitter.com/excel522/status/1228371700997349377
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 02-15-2020 at 04:35 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Links are not working.

So the DC timeline leaked apparently, sourcing from another internet forum

"
    Generation 1: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQwNis8X...=png&name=orig
    Generation 2: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQwNis8W...=png&name=orig
    Generation 3: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQwNis-X...=png&name=orig
    Generation 4: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQwN40HX...=png&name=orig "

Without a good source though, I'm doubting if this is really the defenitive timeline, espcially with all of the xxx's. I assume the redacted moments are the new moments in history DC is introducing with the generation one shots. For Superman specifically, there is only one redacted moment that happens in generation 2 so that one shot should be interesting..
    Old news I think, these leaked long ago. Boy are they depressing though, DC is once again jettisoning Clark’s entire history pretty much in contrast to Batman, WW, and pretty much everyone else.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

So the DC timeline leaked apparently, sourcing from another internet forum

"
    Generation 1: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQwNis8X...=png&name=orig
    Generation 2: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQwNis8W...=png&name=orig
    Generation 3: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQwNis-X...=png&name=orig
    Generation 4: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQwN40HX...=png&name=orig "

Without a good source though, I'm doubting if this is really the defenitive timeline, espcially with all of the xxx's. I assume the redacted moments are the new moments in history DC is introducing with the generation one shots. For Superman specifically, there is only one redacted moment that happens in generation 2 so that one shot should be interesting..
    The links don't work. But it sounds the "leaked timeline" is the one made by our fellow poster Tenzel Kim months ago, based on the blurred one from NYCC: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...vealed-at-NYCC

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The links don't work. But it sounds the "leaked timeline" is the one made by our fellow poster Tenzel Kim months ago, based on the blurred one from NYCC: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...vealed-at-NYCC
    Sorry about the bad links, I edited the post, and you are rirght, it was those images. False alarm!

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Interesting... I guess we'll see with Jon how the three met and hopefully why they considered the Legion necessary ?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yet, another girl wants jon for herself.