Page 102 of 613 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 9194
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    It's fine. I just get annoyed with the attitudes around here sometimes is all.
    Thank you very much and I understand the internet is full of troublesome individuals. And I have no intention of being one of them.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The more we see about this villain, the more generic he seems. I was expecting a villain who would change Superman's viewpoint, but it seems like this guy is only bent on killing superman because of something to do with Krypton. We've seen this before..
    To be fair though, a magazine cover boasting that a villain's aim is to kill the superhero isn't really indicative of his entire motivation. I mean, at its base level, most major villains do want to kill the hero. There's plenty of room still for there to be substance there. I mean, I'm not advocating there absolutely will be, I don't know. Just that this particular magazine cover I don't consider a particular red flag.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-06-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    To be fair though, a magazine cover boasting that a villain's aim is to kill the superhero isn't really indicative of his entire motivation. I mean, at its base level, most major villains do want to kill the hero. There's plenty of room still for there to be substance there. I mean, I'm not advocating there absolutely will be, I don't know. Just that this particular magazine cover I don't consider a particular red flag.
    I agree. There could be more to it than what it appears to be on first glance. Like I said maybe Bendis will do something new with the concept instead of the same old tired cliche villain. Time will tell.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

More HQ poster of DC Nation #2

So it actually says supergirl's new mission, very interesting.

The more we see about this villain, the more generic he seems. I was expecting a villain who would change Superman's viewpoint, but it seems like this guy is only bent on killing superman because of something to do with Krypton. We've seen this before..
    When is someone going to realize that if they want to leave “a major impact” on Superman’s mythos they’d be better off telling a story with Metallo or Parasite? Those two don’t get any focus outside of origin stories! I don’t get why people keep making OCs that are just rehashes.

More HQ poster of DC Nation #2

So it actually says supergirl's new mission, very interesting.
    I guess this means her solo comic is being relaunched.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    When is someone going to realize that if they want to leave “a major impact” on Superman’s mythos they’d be better off telling a story with Metallo or Parasite? Those two don’t get any focus outside of origin stories! I don’t get why people keep making OCs that are just rehashes.
    But didn't Parasite get some focus in Damage #2 as a member of the Suicide Squad? And Metallo fought Superman as part of the Superman Revenge Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I guess this means her solo comic is being relaunched.
    Hopefully with less of an obvious copying of her TV show. I really loved Orlando on Midnighter and Batman/The Shadow, but his Supergirl And JLA were very meh to me.

Hopefully with less of an obvious copying of her TV show. I really loved Orlando on Midnighter and Batman/The Shadow, but his Supergirl And JLA were very meh to me.
    If they are relaunching her solo comic I wonder whether this means that Man of Steel will be the only time where she will play a role in Bendis's run. But i wonder who should take on the project since Orlando didn't exactly deliver the goods well.

But didn't Parasite get some focus in Damage #2 as a member of the Suicide Squad? And Metallo fought Superman as part of the Superman Revenge Squad.
    Parasite jobbed immediately. Metallo was cool in the Revenge arc, but I’m talking about doing a Superman arc focused on them and only them.
    “But RepHope they aren’t interesting enough to carry an arc of their own”
    Well villains only gain depth when they get used. Look at where Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy started out and where they are now. I see no reason Metallo or Parasite couldn’t likewise benefit.

If they are relaunching her solo comic I wonder whether this means that Man of Steel will be the only time where she will play a role in Bendis's run. But i wonder who should take on the project since Orlando didn't exactly deliver the goods well.
    I honestly don’t know who would be a good fit for Kara myself. I guess we’ll find out.

Parasite jobbed immediately. Metallo was cool in the Revenge arc, but I’m talking about doing a Superman arc focused on them and only them.
    “But RepHope they aren’t interesting enough to carry an arc of their own”
    Well villains only gain depth when they get used. Look at where Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy started out and where they are now. I see no reason Metallo or Parasite couldn’t likewise benefit.
    Almost everyone got jobbed in Damage #2 the only one who could have been written within reason were Deadshot and Harley Quinn and maybe Giganta and the new guy Akando. Though I do wonder whether Parasite's defeat had something to do with the unnatural energies of the Dark Multiverse that power Damage? Currently Metallo is offline thanks to Jor-El it will require a third party to bring him back. I'm not even sure whether anyone seems to care to bring him back. Until then Parasite and Metallo are benched until someone can come up with something new for them. But what about the story where Parasite replaced Lois and nearly ended her and Clark's marriage?
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-06-2018 at 10:37 AM.

I honestly don’t know who would be a good fit for Kara myself. I guess we’ll find out.
    True very true maybe it'll be announced in DC Nation. And if they are relaunching it I think trying to know where Rogol Zaar came from could be a good direction for her to make her comic a less obvious copy of the show.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-06-2018 at 10:21 AM.

BANNED

I'm going to stick to my idea in post 1446,where Superman is back in his own past,AND awakens Kara early,somehow to save things,maybe krypton or kryptonians

Its a good idea. I've thought for a few weeks now that this will employ time travel in some form.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El