Page 104 of 613 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That's possible. Thanos Imperative was in 2011, his Guardians started in 2012, the storyline explaining what happened was in 2014.
    And he contradicted the 2011 work or did he contradict earlier work?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    And he contradicted the 2011 work or did he contradict earlier work?
    Memory is foggy, but from what I remember he just made a lot of continuity errors to try explaining why the movie lineup was back in the omics.

I think the best thing Bendis could do for his run is keep it as grounded to Earth as possible.

Memory is foggy, but from what I remember he just made a lot of continuity errors to try explaining why the movie lineup was back in the omics.
    Then it must be due to this synergy thing which Marvel is trying. It would have been asked by the higher ups and Bendis got the bad rep for it. Can we be free from worry? After all there is no Superman film coming up and DC does not really do synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Then it must be due to this synergy thing which Marvel is trying. It would have been asked by the higher ups and Bendis got the bad rep for it. Can we be free from worry? After all there is no Superman film coming up and DC does not really do synergy.
    Hey, I am all for giving Bendis good well with his Superman run until we learn anything bad. Bendis has done bad comics that weren't necessarily about lining up with the movies though, so I wouldn't completely just give that to be the cause though.

Hey, I am all for giving Bendis good well with his Superman run until we learn anything bad. Bendis has done bad comics that weren't necessarily about lining up with the movies though, so I wouldn't completely just give that to be the cause though.
    It looked like an easy explanation for his reputation of having no concern for continuity. I am hoping that his 'bad' comics were due to a long time at Marvel. Most complaints i have heard were from recent years.

It looked like an easy explanation for his reputation of having no concern for continuity. I am hoping that his 'bad' comics were due to a long time at Marvel. Most complaints i have heard were from recent years.
    I do think a part of the hate comes from the rise of internet forums, I mean I wasn't really big on marvel and being on forums till 2012 so I don't know how people felt on him then, but he was already being hated on by fans at that point.

I do think a part of the hate comes from the rise of internet forums, I mean I wasn't really big on marvel and being on forums till 2012 so I don't know how people felt on him then, but he was already being hated on by fans at that point.
    A number of writers get hate even while doing good or great work. Look at Tom King. Reading Batman sections it looks like he is the worst Batman writer ever. Even Scott Snyder and Geoff Johns have received a good share of criticism. I think fans who are part of forums like cbr before 2012 can tell something better about this.

I remember the day it was announced that he has become DC exclusive, and the kind of hate he received in DC section was mind boggling. I did not know who he was. I first looked at the wikipedia page and came to know that he is an acclaimed writer who has won a number of awards. But when i read those comments even i was swayed. I was negative at first due to that. At present i am cautiously optimistic.

A number of writers get hate even while doing good or great work. Look at Tom King. Reading Batman sections it looks like he is the worst Batman writer ever. Even Scott Snyder and Geoff Johns have received a good share of criticism. I think fans who are part of forums like cbr before 2012 can tell something better about this.

I remember the day it was announced that he has become DC exclusive, and the kind of hate he received in DC section was mind boggling. I did not know who he was. I first looked at the wikipedia page and came to know that he is an acclaimed writer who has won a number of awards. But when i read those comments even i was swayed. I was negative at first due to that. At present i am cautiously optimistic.
    Yeah, a lot of the hate for the writers you mentioned definitely are for reasons that mostly don't even have to do with their writing. Inserting their own characters like duke instead of using an favorites in Snyders case,, mistreating characters/relationships like tom king using bat and cat constantly or him doing bad cliffhangers. And people hate on geoff johns for having to be face of DC and doing what people higher up tell him to do like making SM/WW a couple. None of these writers are perfect, but they do deserve a lot more respect than randoms on the internet give them.

On the old CBR forums in the late 90's, I had the "Superman" name (which is why it says "formerly Superman" under my name now). I used to talk to Buried Alien and I think one or two others from CBR on ICQ all the time, and was (for a VERY short while - three months I think?) the moderator of the Justice League forum. Back then, maybe because it was still kinda the Triangle era, I don't remember one person being singled out in the books; it was just talk of story arcs or character directions in general.

Right as I was leaving CBR (I want to say early 2000s?) is when talk started to get more focused on the writers/creators instead of the books - and I think a lot of that has to do with the way DC (and I'd guess Marvel) was starting to talk about their books; the official announcements focused more on "what so-and-so wanted to do" instead of just saying what the new book direction would be.

But that's just my own recollection - others may have a different experience.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh is that the crux of it? Well, that's kind of out of his hands in a way because Marvel was and remains bout that synergy, so that was a given, and stuffing that line up in there would've be a must. That said, how well he carried out the synergy is on him. But I can be more than fine with even overt continuity errors if the actual point of the story is good.

I mean, didn't Tomasi, Jurgens, and Gleason just straight up contradict Convergence with a totally new explanation that we're just not supposed look too hard at? The fact of the matter is Superman was not split in two until the Reborn story was written. Until then, the older Lois and Clark were clearly stated to be more akin to snapshots of time before the reboot. But that explanation didn't facilitate what they had planed, so they simply changed that whole event. But that continuity error didn't stop me from liking what came before and after it. So, idk, maybe I'll have to read the book for myself?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Bendis moderated the DC Universe panel at C2E2 yesterday. Not much on Superman though

https://www.newsarama.com/39291-c2e-...rse-panel.html

Superman vs Zarr on another AC#1000 variant

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhPnXSPBw9g/

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Superman vs Zarr on another AC#1000 variant

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhPnXSPBw9g/
    People are saying Rogol Zarr's generic and he probably is but on the other we know nothing about him and I am interested to know his story somehow because he doesn't look Kryptonian.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis moderated the DC Universe panel at C2E2 yesterday. Not much on Superman though

https://www.newsarama.com/39291-c2e-...rse-panel.html
    I think we could get some news today at the Action Comics 1000 panel, Bendis will be on it and SYFY is live streaming it on their youtube channel.

Also we sure that AC 1000 cover is a variant? I don't see it mentioned anywhere, I think it's just the back cover.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    On the old CBR forums in the late 90's, I had the "Superman" name (which is why it says "formerly Superman" under my name now). I used to talk to Buried Alien and I think one or two others from CBR on ICQ all the time, and was (for a VERY short while - three months I think?) the moderator of the Justice League forum. Back then, maybe because it was still kinda the Triangle era, I don't remember one person being singled out in the books; it was just talk of story arcs or character directions in general.

Right as I was leaving CBR (I want to say early 2000s?) is when talk started to get more focused on the writers/creators instead of the books - and I think a lot of that has to do with the way DC (and I'd guess Marvel) was starting to talk about their books; the official announcements focused more on "what so-and-so wanted to do" instead of just saying what the new book direction would be.

But that's just my own recollection - others may have a different experience.
    So, that's why you have 'Formerly Superman'. I thought you had added it just to sound cool. (And it does sound cool. ). Thanks for sharing your experience. So, this was how it was in those days.

Yeah, a lot of the hate for the writers you mentioned definitely are for reasons that mostly don't even have to do with their writing. Inserting their own characters like duke instead of using an favorites in Snyders case,, mistreating characters/relationships like tom king using bat and cat constantly or him doing bad cliffhangers. And people hate on geoff johns for having to be face of DC and doing what people higher up tell him to do like making SM/WW a couple. None of these writers are perfect, but they do deserve a lot more respect than randoms on the internet give them.

I agree with you.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 04-07-2018 at 06:58 AM.