Page 118 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I'm not really feeling the Bendis era tbh. I'm not sure what he's angling for here but so far he's just proving his haters correct with that twist and the cancellation of various satellite books and using the fate of the Super family as bait.

All this uncertainty over Lois & Jon and that we should be afraid about Supergirl getting her own book is just ridiculous Marvel style of making fans buy books out of dread. What exactly is Bendis's pitch for these books anyway? I know he's talked about the emphasis on journalism but this is too basic. Whats the real hook? what should we be getting excited about? I'm just seeing things to be afraid of. This just kills good will in the long term, if he really wants to get rid of Jon and Lois then DC should just come clean. I wont like it but atleast some respect will be earned.
    They had never laid any hints that Lois and Jon were being erased or otherwise removed from the books long-term. Fans were just jumping the gun. I blame DC for a lot but I don't blame them for fan paranoia. And that's really all the ideas about Jon and Lois being killed off or something were born from. It came from the speculation of fans, that went viral via fans, not from DC or Bendis themselves.

I also don't see the dread in Supergirl losing a title for a while. Its not the first time its happened. Lots of characters lose solo titles for a while, play a role elsewhere, then get a title back at a later date. Look at Catwoman. She'll get a solo again at some point, this is nothing out of sorts.

I don't see anything happening in the lead-up that has proven "haters" correct. But I have seen a lot of rampant paranoia. And I'm not saying that as an insult or as a judgment. Things make me paranoid too. But there's a difference between being scared over things actually said and advertised, and just letting your imagination get away with you.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I hope Bendis doesn't compromise on Geoff Johns's Doomsday Clock with this story though. Because it's really bad to undercut a co-worker and higher up like this. I wodner whether this means the Bizarro Boys, Kathy, and Maya will appear then?
    Meh. Screw Doomsday Clock. Johns compromised Watchmen 2 on his own by delaying it a year, frankly. Things can't be expected to stop on a dime and revolve around one untimely story. I'd be saying the same thing if Jurgens and Tomasi were staying, or if the creative team were anyone else. There shouldn't be the burden of having to sit around on stuff for a year because you don't know if you can use it or not. That's horrible management. Let the Superman books do what they do and if they contradict Doomsday Clock, then its the the onus of the latter to redirect. Doomsday Clock lost the right to be the guiding course for Superman, if that was ever the intent, the second they announced the delay.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Based on those panels, I'm guessing Clark sends Jon and Lois away with Jor-El. I highly doubt its a flashback from the Oz Effect. Jon looks upset and that would fall in line with him not wanting to leave his dad when he's in trouble.
    It's also a good set-up for a Lois ongoing, with her going off on cosmic adventures with Jon and bond with her kryptonian father-in-law.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean..we don't even know if he has steam to begin with yet.
    A friend Soar told me this that's why I fear he'd run out of steam and he's read a lot of Spider-Man that was written by Bendis.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Meh. Screw Doomsday Clock. Johns compromised Watchmen 2 on his own by delaying it a year, frankly. Things can't be expected to stop on a dime and revolve around one untimely story. I'd be saying the same thing if Jurgens and Tomasi were staying, or if the creative team were anyone else. There shouldn't be the burden of having to sit around on stuff for a year because you don't know if you can use it or not. That's horrible management. Let the Superman books do what they do and if they contradict Doomsday Clock, then its the the onus of the latter to redirect. Doomsday Clock lost the right to be the guiding course for Superman, if that was ever the intent, the second they announced the delay.
    Well it's just not good work ethic that's all I'm saying. And so far Doomsday Clock is still moving actually.

Well you gotta keep in mind Didio and Lee are Bendis's bosses too. Johns doesn't run the whole show. If they're giving him a green light, I'd fail to see where a poor work ethic would be coming in.

And I know Doomsday Clock is ongoing, but its not going to finish till 2019. That's too long to ask properties to twiddle their thumbs on certain things, basically telling them they can't use the whole playbook for another year. That's not fair. I mean look what's happened with the JSA. They're mired in this, and thus completely missed out on Rebirth entirely.

Well you gotta keep in mind Didio and Lee are Bendis's bosses too. Johns doesn't run the whole show. If they're giving him a green light, I'd fail to see where a poor work ethic would be coming in.

And I know Doomsday Clock is ongoing, but its not going to finish till 2019. That's too long to ask properties to twiddle their thumbs on certain things, basically telling them they can't use the whole playbook for another year. That's not fair. I mean look what's happened with the JSA. They're mired in this, and thus completely missed out on Rebirth entirely.
    Yes I know everyone's not keen on the idea that Geoff Johns is apparently holding a lot of things hostage. With how Johnny Thunder is at least being remembered in Doomsday Clock I wouldn't say they are completely being missed out. But for now it is Johns' show so might as well bear with it until it ends.

BANNED

They had never laid any hints that Lois and Jon were being erased or otherwise removed from the books long-term. Fans were just jumping the gun. I blame DC for a lot but I don't blame them for fan paranoia. And that's really all the ideas about Jon and Lois being killed off or something were born from. It came from the speculation of fans, that went viral via fans, not from DC or Bendis themselves.

I also don't see the dread in Supergirl losing a title for a while. Its not the first time its happened. Lots of characters lose solo titles for a while, play a role elsewhere, then get a title back at a later date. Look at Catwoman. She'll get a solo again at some point, this is nothing out of sorts.

I don't see anything happening in the lead-up that has proven "haters" correct. But I have seen a lot of rampant paranoia. And I'm not saying that as an insult or as a judgment. Things make me paranoid too. But there's a difference between being scared over things actually said and advertised, and just letting your imagination get away with you.
    Are they jumping the gun? I honestly cant say. There's next to no hints of them in the solicits or covers. Fans were paranoid based on Bendis's reputation and so far neither he nor DC have done anything to counter the paranoia.

The editor said that you should be afraid of Supergirl getting a book...I have no idea what that means but the feelings such statements generate are not good at all. They are infact bound to be ill. Besides its not just Supergirl, New Super-Man and especially Super Sons are ending in the same period Bendis is taking over. You can justify one cancellation with your logic, the second with sales argument but the third? The third is where you start questioning just what exactly is going on.

There are lots of things DC can do to counter the paranoia. They're just not which means there's some truth.

Are they jumping the gun? I honestly cant say. There's next to no hints of them in the solicits or covers. Fans were paranoid based on Bendis's reputation and so far neither he nor DC have done anything to counter the paranoia.

The editor said that you should be afraid of Supergirl getting a book...I have no idea what that means but the feelings such statements generate are not good at all. They are infact bound to be ill. Besides its not just Supergirl, New Super-Man and especially Super Sons are ending in the same period Bendis is taking over. You can justify one cancellation with your logic, the second with sales argument but the third? The third is where you start questioning just what exactly is going on.

There are lots of things DC can do to counter the paranoia. They're just not which means there's some truth.
    Bendis has gone on interviews as well as to talk about Jon and Lois a lot and even assured fans he was not going to get rid of them.

That's your typical social media teasing, though. They do it all the time with everything. I get not being a fan of it of course, it bugs me at times too. But its like you said, we have no idea what it means. Because the list is endless on what that could mean. But, while it can get annoying, I do think its a leap when automatically people jump to "this character is being killed off". Especially with Supergirl. They're not going to do that to her again. To me that's definitely jumping the gun.

Supergirl is definitely ending due to Bendis' plans. But like you yourself admitted, there's other factors at play with the other two cancellations that have nothing to do with him. New Super-Man had abysmal sales that will get any book canned. It had good word of mouth but it just didn't translate to books sold. Super Sons ending likely has far more to do with what the Bat office has in store for Damian. So rather it making me suspicious of what's going on, it just shows that not all these things are happening due to the influence of one guy.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2018 at 12:50 PM.

BANNED

And yet solicits and covers show no hint of them. Besides he doesn't talk about them either and its not in the"shhh we have plans that we cant spoil" tone, more like" eh yeah, they exist, not a reboot and Lois is really brave"

And yet solicits and covers show no hint of them. Besides he doesn't talk about them either and its not in the"shhh we have plans that we cant spoil" tone, more like" eh yeah, they exist, not a reboot and Lois is really brave"
    If the covers show them it could spoil the story. And he has talked about Jon and Lois he even said there would new characters for even them to interact with. So it's obvious he's going to use them. He did say he wasn't dumping anything the past writers have done so it already serves as a clue he's not going to get rid of them and user Dolores the Worst Poster put up this phony interview that Bendis had to perform damage control over to make it clear none of it was what he had in mind for his run.

Well, this is the start of a new era. And we only have a few solicits from that era. That thus far they all focus just on Superman is nothing surprising or wrong-headed. As we've already seen that doesn't mean other characters aren't going to be there. Hell in describing one of the books, Action, we know the plans are to actually feature heavily the supporting cast. But all the same, everything revolves around Superman after all, its no oddity that to start off a new direction solicits would focus directly on him. It should. Hell it almost always should, regardless.

As far as not talking about them, Bendis certainly does now. He just posted panels of both of them, in fact.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2018 at 01:10 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I dig it.

Particularly interested in all the little hints Bendis dropped about his run. The big one was probably the new villain (not Rogal Zaar). The one who apparently has been running a crime organization under Superman and even Lex's nose for years. This villain has apparently been using the spectacle of foes more bombastic foes like Lex to divert attention from his works. This is a Superman villain who takes ego out of the question, and that's pretty fascinating.

I'm reminded of Kingpin from Marvel. I can't be sure but I think Bendis was the one that used him as the shadowy overseer of NY, right? Or am I wrong? Either way, it seems clear that this is a foe that Bendis is building for Clark Kent rather than Superman. That sounds nice because I'm reminded of how much of a missed opportunity it was that they didn't go through with their plans to have Clark and the Daily Planet bring down President Lex when Superman couldn't.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I wonder if its a new character or a repackaged existing one. I could dig this kinda role for Contessa, for instance.