Page 119 of 613 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 9194
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I dig it.

Particularly interested in all the little hints Bendis dropped about his run. The big one was probably the new villain (not Rogal Zaar). The one who apparently has been running a crime organization under Superman and even Lex's nose for years. This villain has apparently been using the spectacle of foes more bombastic foes like Lex to divert attention from his works. This is a Superman villain who takes ego out of the question, and that's pretty fascinating.

I'm reminded of Kingpin from Marvel. I can't be sure but I think Bendis was the one that used him as the shadowy overseer of NY, right? Or am I wrong? Either way, it seems clear that this is a foe that Bendis is building for Clark Kent rather than Superman. That sounds nice because I'm reminded of how much of a missed opportunity it was that they didn't go through with their plans to have Clark and the Daily Planet bring down President Lex when Superman couldn't.
    But what about Intergang?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If the covers show them it could spoil the story. And he has talked about Jon and Lois he even said there would new characters for even them to interact with. So it's obvious he's going to use them. He did say he wasn't dumping anything the past writers have done so it already serves as a clue he's not going to get rid of them and user Dolores the Worst Poster put up this phony interview that Bendis had to perform damage control over to make it clear none of it was what he had in mind for his run.
    Then isn't that using them as bait? I have no problem with Bendis not using the family but this uncertainty isn't just a one sided fan made affair.
    Not dumping doesn't equal carrying ahead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, this is the start of a new era. And we only have a few solicits from that era. That thus far they all focus just on Superman is nothing surprising or wrong-headed. As we've already seen that doesn't mean other characters aren't going to be there. Hell in describing one of the books, Action, we know the plans are to actually feature heavily the supporting cast. But all the same, everything revolves around Superman after all, its no oddity that to start off a new direction solicits would focus directly on him. It should. Hell it almost always should, regardless.

As far as not talking about them, Bendis certainly does now. He just posted panels of both of them, in fact.
    The fact he pitched Action as a Daily Planet heavy book and still displays a rather so so response to Lois is what's nagging me.
    With Mr Oz, the guy known for making characters vanish. That's not exactly reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Then isn't that using them as bait? I have no problem with Bendis not using the family but this uncertainty isn't just a one sided fan made affair.
    Not dumping doesn't equal carrying ahead.
    I don't know if he's going to say such stuff that should mean he is at least going to try to not be the Bendis who ruined his reputation at Marvel. He's already showing Jor-El that's close to carrying ahead as it's going to get at this point.

The fact he pitched Action as a Daily Planet heavy book and still displays a rather so so response to Lois is what's nagging me.
    With Mr Oz, the guy known for making characters vanish. That's not exactly reassuring.
    I don't think its that odd. First things first after all. MOS was first on the plate, and that probably doesn't feature much Lois, per the plot. The fact he's little by little opening up more about her and Jon suggests that he's getting around to it now that he's probably currently working on the true beginning of his run. Action #1000 and MOS are more prologues than anything else.

And considering Superman is there, obviously aware of what's going on is reassuring enough. Whatever is happening, its not like Jor-El is kidnapping them. If Clark is allowing this, then he trusts it to some extent. I'm sure he doesn't like the idea of them having to go away, and maybe Jor-El wouldn't be his first choice for safe-keeping if there were better choices, but all the same, there's nothing malevolent in tone about those panels.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Superman knows Intergang is a thing though.

I'd personally rather it be a new character so that Bendis can have the freedom to do whatever with them without worrying about inflexible die-hards breathing down his neck about yet another thing. Plus, as he mentioned, Superman's foes need some new sustainable blood.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-17-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'd personally rather it be a new character so that Bendis can have the freedom to do whatever with them without worrying about inflexible die-hards breathing down his neck about yet another thing. Plus, as he mentioned, Superman's foes need some new sustainable blood.
    Good point though some would rather see him try to breathe new life into lesser foes like Parasite and Metallo.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

We're definitely seeing new vs remodeled. But I give Superman villains more credit than that. People will get much more bugged out if you dramatically change the Joker, which is why in the comics he hasn't mastered different looks like silver age Lex vs post crisis Lex and Jack Nicholson through Ledger doesn't have the variation range of Hackman through Eisenberg. They all have crazy change where Spider-Man and Flash villains have tweaked versions of their first creation and less legacy.

What about that Cage-looking Morgan Edge who poppedup in the New 52, lol.

Good point though some would rather see him try to breathe new life into lesser foes like Parasite and Metallo.
    I'd be counted among those some, and I'm sure he will during his run, but I can appreciate him starting off this new era of Superman with new foes to fights. That said, Bendis did mention that Toyman shows up in like issue 4 of either MOS or Action or Superman (bottom line is that it's early on), so it's not like he'll avoiding them.

I'm probably most interested in how enthusiastic Bendis is about Superman's supporting cast. During the video he made it a point to bring up Superman's supporting cast unprovoked. He basically says that even though Superman's foes have historically not always lived up to his 80 year legacy, his supporting cast remain some of the best in comics--if not the best (I'm paraphrasing, but not by much tbh). Couple that with him basically setting aside a whole book to focus on Clark and the Planet, and you can almost feel his enthusiasm radiating from him.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

It could just be a matter of not wanting to spoil whatever happens to Lois and Jon.

It is a little concerning, but I don't think we need to be in panic mode just yet. Let's see what happens in Action 1K tomorrow, and what Bendis can say after that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's your typical social media teasing, though. They do it all the time with everything. I get not being a fan of it of course, it bugs me at times too. But its like you said, we have no idea what it means. Because the list is endless on what that could mean. But, while it can get annoying, I do think its a leap when automatically people jump to "this character is being killed off". Especially with Supergirl. They're not going to do that to her again. To me that's definitely jumping the gun.

Supergirl is definitely ending due to Bendis' plans. But like you yourself admitted, there's other factors at play with the other two cancellations that have nothing to do with him. New Super-Man had abysmal sales that will get any book canned. It had good word of mouth but it just didn't translate to books sold. Super Sons ending likely has far more to do with what the Bat office has in store for Damian. So rather it making me suspicious of what's going on, it just shows that not all these things are happening due to the influence of one guy.
    After the recent art that was posted I am actually more convinced that it is Jon's "disappearance" that is the real reason behind Super Sons cancellation and not some big plan for Damian on the part of the Bat office. I just don't believe that it's for the reason I originally thought at this point. I think what is going on here is that they are trying to have some cohesion between titles now and so Jon can't appear in other books while he has, in effect, disappeared to parts unknown from the standpoint of everyone in the DCU anyway.

As for New Super-Man there's been no official word that it's cancelled and the writer has been very coy about its status on Twitter by refusing to answer questions about it. If it was out and out cancelled then I don't think he wouldn't be being so tight lipped about the book and speculation is that there is going to be a Justice League of China book announced maybe for August or the fall.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-17-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

You've got a point, that could very much be the reason, too. I actually just wasn't anticipating Lois and Jon's separation from Clark to be that long. If it is and they're off somewhere else together, that would be as good an explanation as any. Considering that plot point of Earth being in the Phantom Zone, I figured they'd come back once Superman puts the planet back where it belongs, and I'd be surprised if that takes too long to happen.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Still don't believe anything is going to happen to Lois or Jon, or even that they've be moved out from the book.

But if by some chance the idea is to move them off the books in some way, I wonder if the project that King knows Tomasi's Rebirth fans will be happy with is a Lois & Jon book. Every time I check out a live panel or something with an audience, someone brings up the Lois & Clark book from the New 52 and literally everyone cheers without any prompting. Making a new title with a slight nod to that might be the idea. Might work as an equivalent to Catwoman because that seems to be somewhat "freeing up" the Batman book for just Batman centered stuff. Seems similar enough I suppose.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Still don't believe anything is going to happen to Lois or Jon, or even that they've be moved out from the book.

But if by some chance the idea is to move them off the books in some way, I wonder if the project that King knows Tomasi's Rebirth fans will be happy with is a Lois & Jon book. Every time I check out a live panel or something with an audience, someone brings up the Lois & Clark book from the New 52 and literally everyone cheers without any prompting. Making a new title with a slight nod to that might be the idea. Might work as an equivalent to Catwoman because that seems to be somewhat "freeing up" the Batman book for just Batman centered stuff. Seems similar enough I suppose.
    I feel like since King is connected to the batman line, it's likely he's referring to the rumor that Tomasi is taking on detective comics in August. I still think a superman family book would be a great idea if Bendis isn't going to focus on that aspect in either of his books.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I feel like since King is connected to the batman line, it's likely he's referring to the rumor that Tomasi is taking on detective comics in August.
    True given the fact that the previous team is pretty much officially done and moving on to the likes of a Justice League book.