Page 12 of 613 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For the record, I feel like if anyone would continue Superman being a "SJW prick" it probably would be Bendis.
    Maybe Bendis will have Superman fight some Nazis.

There might have been some mention of it in Oz Effect, but I don't think we've seen Superman fight Nazis since Pak's run.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That's not bad. That's not bad at all.

Shout outs to the homie Dispenser of Truth for calling that Bendis would take both books because Bendis simply doesn't just write one thing.

But yeah, I'm actually more excited for this than I thought I would be even passed the fart-smelling sensation of being right about him doing Superman (though that's pretty cathartic lol). I mean, I'm super into the idea of getting some new blood into the Superman world, but far beyond that I'm really happy for this quote: "and each will have a different approach and tone. While the main Superman title will be an adventure-driven book, Action Comics will delve into Clark Kent's daily life." The books haven't had this basic level of distinction for like ever, and the idea that one person is at the helm controlling how fine a distinction is really dope.

And from the sound of things, this is the most planed out I've ever heard Superman was going to be since like the 80s (I guess). Like, we've Bendis doing not one, not two, but three lead-ups to his run in Action #1000, DC Nation #0, and the Man of Steel mini. It sounds like this dude is getting ready for freakin war, man. His enthusiasm is also pretty infectious because it's not super often that you see creators come to Superman monthly and their hype levels are pretty indisputable.

This level of "ok, everyone shut up. We're doing this, and we're going in 100%" sort of forethought and hype is something I thought only Batman was allowed these days. As someone who's not even a particularly big Bendis fan, I'm catching the hype kind of hard.

Side note: Either Super Sons goes on without Tomasi (very possible), the launch a Superman & Son book, or the straight up give Jon a Superboy book because the brand has been rehabilitated. All in all, I doubt Jon is going anywhere because he's proven his popularity. It just seems like Bendis would like to write a Superman book that's mostly about Superman himself, and that doesn't sound bad to me.

Also EVERYONE SHUT UP, DOC SHANNER'S DOING SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Just to point something regarding sales and Batman: the 100k sales from Snyder`s era aren`t the norm for any superhero franchise. King hasn`t managed to stay those numbers. It`s a run that connected with readers and spiked sales but the Snyder is not something that comes along often.

That said, amazing artwork for the cover here, forgot to mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I never realised that so many Superman fans on this forum hated Jon with such a passion lmao he is one of the reasons I love the current Superman book anyway I'm not a fan of Bendis at all. I'm not even sure if I want to spend my money to give him a chance. I'll just wait and see what my brother says. He is a huge fan so I'm sure he will continue to read the book. I'm just happy that Bendis stays away from Super Sons. I hope Gleason will join the team with Tomasi.
    Count me in as someone who also loves Jon. There's plenty of us, we're just not as vocal as the people who dislike him. But that's the norm for most things. People talk more about what they dislike, than what they enjoy. Way the internet I guess.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Side note: Either Super Sons goes on without Tomasi (very possible), the launch a Superman & Son book, or the straight up give Jon a Superboy book because the brand has been rehabilitated. All in all, I doubt Jon is going anywhere because he's proven his popularity. It just seems like Bendis would like to write a Superman book that's mostly about Superman himself, and that doesn't sound bad to me.
    I think this will come down to what the Bat books want to do with Damian.

If for some reason Damian undergoes a status quo change and can't be in Super Sons anymore, that book will be relaunched as Superboy with Jon Kent. Otherwise Super Sons continues on as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Agreed.

In the long run, this is likely to be more beneficial for Superman. If Bendis delivers some great stories, even better.
    Bendis delivering great stories is the only way I can see this being beneficial .

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I never realised that so many Superman fans on this forum hated Jon with such a passion lmao he is one of the reasons I love the current Superman book
    Same here. I love the family dynamic. It's a great book and it's not like Superman isn't in the book. The book just focuses more on his family then Action does. Right now, Batman is not the main focus in 'Tec, but I love that book and I'm a huge Batman book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    "and each will have a different approach and tone. While the main Superman title will be an adventure-driven book, Action Comics will delve into Clark Kent's daily life." The books haven't had this basic level of distinction for like ever, and the idea that one person is at the helm controlling how fine a distinction is really dope.
    Yeah. While it's not really needed, it does show a significant intent of creative planning and consideration for the consumer.

Also EVERYONE SHUT UP, DOC SHANNER'S DOING SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He tweeted this sketch last night and I didn't want to get my hopes up, but now it's safe.

Whoever ends up on the titles, I think we'll stay at this level. At the least from April to July Superman will guaranteed top the charts. That's a solid anniversary.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Agreed. Especially since Jon and Damian have their own book. Two if you count Teen Titans, which I believe if not a full-blown member, Jon is at least honorary at this point. Jon is under no threat of disappearance if he doesn't feature heavily in the Superman titles, any more than Damian is by not featuring heavily in Batman and 'Tec.
    While I agree that less focus on Jon would be refreshing I would actually hate to see Jon put so far on the back burner that he basically becomes a nonentity in the life of his parents as has happened with Damian in recent years because of a writer’s bias. THAT more than anything else is the reason for Damian not being featured in the Bat titles currently and honestly it’s been a huge complaint of a lot of Bat fans. There should be a way to put the focus back on Superman (and Lois) without removing Jon completely from the main books or making him just another background character in a sea of background characters. He deserves better treatment than that IMO. All that's required, I think, is a small dialing back of his appearances in the main titles without removing him entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I really like Jon, what I don't like is how Superman became a guest star on his own title, Jon is fine going in adventures with Clark from time to time, but everything being about him? Just no. Super Sons is great and I truly hope Tomasi keep working on it, he really shines in that book.
    Yeah, I hope that Super Sons sticks around and that DC gives Jon some other titles to appear in so that he continues to get focus. They've got a good thing going with him and I would really hate for that to get derailed.

Edit: I like the idea of a Superman and Son book myself.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-01-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    so much to process. off hand i just have to say I don't quite like one person writing everything. but it sounds pretty incredible
    I agree 100%.

Bendis has done some of my favorite comics (the original Ultimate Spider-Man run) A lot of books that start strong then spin their wheels and never go anywhere.

If his run is great woohoo, if it's just ok I'll miss the writers he's replacing, if it's bad I'll have nothing to read I will hold out hope for great and be ready to read some back issues if it's bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Just to point something regarding sales and Batman: the 100k sales from Snyder`s era aren`t the norm for any superhero franchise. King hasn`t managed to stay those numbers. It`s a run that connected with readers and spiked sales but the Snyder is not something that comes along often.

That said, amazing artwork for the cover here, forgot to mention that.
    King's run has hovered around the 100K mark for the most part, even spiking considerably higher. Looking at the rest of the field, that is still not the norm, putting King into the King category. Oh, he also has to do it twice a month.

(P.S. Not comparing the two or taking anything away from Snyder, just though it was odd to see something that made it look like King on Batman was just nothing exceptional)

I wish I could be excited about this at all but I can't even muster a glimmer of enthusiasm about this at all. Bendis' current writing leaves much to be desired, and I have no desire to buy comics from a writer whose work I dislike immensely. I'm bummed that I'll be missing out on Superman comics for the next couple years but Bendis has sapped all of the excitement and passion I once had for the Superman comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Superman is revealed to be the son of Brainiac adopted by the Els. Wee Wee Williams takes over the mantle of Superman. Superman eventually divorces Lois when he realizes he's gay. Take your pick.
    Ok that made me laugh.

Extraordinary Member

One of my problems with the Rebirth Era is that it felt like the two books were just not complimenting each other and not really existing in the same space. I like the approach each was taking on thought they would read a lot better together then they were. One thing Bendis can do is juggle two books that are related and I think his strengths work well with a solo character with a well developed supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I do hope Tomasi and Jurgens stay on within the orbit of the Superverse.im hoping Tomasi and Gleeson stay on Supersons and keep developing Jon there. It's not likely, but I wouldn't be opposed to Jurgens being an artist on either Superman or Actionand help pitch in on plot or fill in writing if Bendis falls behind schedule or takes an issue off.

I hope this is a case of Tomasi and Jurgens runs reaching a natural agreed upon end and not a case of unceremoniously firing as was a case with Jurgens in 1999.I hated how that all went down for he and Louise Simonson back then.
    I didn't know they were shown the door as I quit the books mostly with Funeral for a Friend, was it a nasty split or just abrupt?