Page 126 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Not impossible, but I'd question the why of it. Zaar doesn't strike me as someone who would follow up on Clark's alibi. He seems far more.....direct than that. The fact that they'd be gone and apparently in a place that not even Manhattan could get to would seem to be enough, right? If there were an alibi needed, it would be for his cowokers, and if that's the case, then I don't see why it would need to be something so harsh. Say a great aunt is sick or something, and he'd be fine.
    Not saying it needs to be harsh, but it's certainly the route they're going with. The images we got from DC Nation show Clark looking ticked off and the Planet staff looking at him with sympathetic eyes.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Not saying it needs to be harsh, but it's certainly the route they're going with. The images we got from DC Nation show Clark looking ticked off and the Planet staff looking at him with sympathetic eyes.
    But then the very next shot is him in a jungle fighting goons, so it may also be related to that. Plus, isn't the Planet supposed to find out about whatever happened to Lois and Jon in issue 2 of Man of Steel?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

But then the very next shot is him in a jungle fighting goons, so it may also be related to that
    I think that is a flashback to what he got up to earlier in the day

Maguire also posted pencils of a page presumably from MOS #4, with Superman next to Maggie and Hal in the aftermath of some sort of trouble, and Supergirl flies to him, and she and Clark take to the skies for a private moment where Clark appears to tell her something or Kara gets confirmation of something she already heard about that leaves them with very pained looks on their faces.

Oddly enough, Kara leaves quickly, then Hal rejoins Superman in the air and looks mad at him. So is Kara upset with him too? Is he doing things the other heroes aren't agreeing with?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-28-2018 at 01:18 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I think that is a flashback to what he got up to earlier in the day
    You know what? That actually makes a lot of sense.

But I think Clark was was apparently on assignment over where Superman busted up those goons, and he's relaying the story to everyone. Notice how it cuts between Clark at the Planet and Superman in the jungle and back. They're actually all smiling (including Clark). But then it seems like someone says something to remind him of Lois, and then it gets awkward. That's when we see Clark looking at the picture of Lois likely indicating that she and Jon are already off to wherever.

Good eye, Miles! Chin up, though. This doesn't mean the alibi is a divorce or anything. Everyone could be looking concerned because he clearly misses his family? On a brighter note: GOT DAMN that José Luis García-López art is spectacular! The most I've wished a weekend would fly by in some time lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Maguire also posted pencils of a page presumably from MOS #4, with Superman next to Maggie and Hal in the aftermath of some sort of trouble, and Supergirl flies to him, and she and Clark take to the skies for a private moment where Clark appears to tell her something or Kara gets confirmation of something she already heard about that leaves them with very pained looks on their faces.
    The pic in question for those interested.

Though, Kara kind of looks like she's rolling her eyes at something (likely Clark telling her what Zaar said in 1000 maybe?). Superman is holding his side, so could this be right after the fight with Zaar in 1000?

GOT DAMN this art, man! Now I need this month to go by fast, so I can have 6 straight weeks of jaw dropping art. That shot/reverse shot of Superman and Supergirl is amazing.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-28-2018 at 01:26 AM.

I dunno, looks to me like Kara's saddened and maybe disappointed as well, while again, Hal looks mad. I wonder if Superman gets wind to the upcoming threat of Rogal Zaar, even if he doesn't know specifics yet, that he's planning for in secret and its putting him at odds with his peers.

Beautiful panels too, since I didn't mention that yet. With the exception of Hal's hair, lol. Looks more like a 'do Kyle would wear. Unless it IS Kyle but I thought he had a costume very close to his original one.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-28-2018 at 01:24 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I can see what you mean when you say she looks sad. I might actually agree with that. Clark for sure looks somber. Maybe Clark's not being forthcoming with info because this is a family matter, but Hal is all "like hell it is! Not when he breaks up half a city it's not!"

BANNED

Good eye, Miles! Chin up, though. This doesn't mean the alibi is a divorce or anything. Everyone could be looking concerned because he clearly misses his family? On a brighter note: GOT DAMN that José Luis García-López art is spectacular! The most I've wished a weekend would fly by in some time lol
    I know it's not a divorce, Clark and Lois are still together in Doomsday Clock (sorry Sacred, I know you're scunnered about stories hinging on that, rofl), whatever Bendis is up to, it's just for the year to come.

I'm even wondering if this is the work of Zaar yet, because isn't the fight we see in #1000 supposed tp be near the end of MOS? If this isn't that other, street level threat that starts rearing its head first. And Superman's dealing with that, along with being away from his family...heck at this point I'm pondering the idea of Lois and Jon leaving for an entirely different problem on its own. And its almost like a Knightfall situation for Superman where he's being pulled in too many directions at once, mentally drained with the issue with his family, this new threat that's a seemingly normal arsonist buy for some reason he's not getting his head around, then boom, Rogal Zaar shows up at the peak of his mental exhaustion and just owns him, and suddenly everything else is the least of his problems.

Oh wait wait, never mind, just rechecked the solicits and indeed Zaar has shown up by #4 so this indeed is likely the aftermath of the #1000 fight. My mistake. But looking over said solicits again it does look like they'll be playing up on Superman's state of mind by the time Rogal Zaar arrives, as he already has things on his plate.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-28-2018 at 01:44 AM.

BANNED

The pic in question for those interested.

Though, Kara kind of looks like she's rolling her eyes at something (likely Clark telling her what Zaar said in 1000 maybe?). Superman is holding his side, so could this be right after the fight with Zaar in 1000?

GOT DAMN this art, man! Now I need this month to go by fast, so I can have 6 straight weeks of jaw dropping art. That shot/reverse shot of Superman and Supergirl is amazing.
    Kara looks upset here, Clark seems composed, almost resigned to something.

Kara looks upset here, Clark seems composed, almost resigned to something.
    He's probably resigned to the idea that he's unfortunately under the control of Bendis for the foreseeable future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I get a BAD FEELING that Bendis is going to remove Jon from the Superman family for a while to get his stories straightened out. That is going to cause some fan backlash indeed If Bendis removes the kid from the line up.
    No Jon isn't that popular and the main draw of Superman isn't focused on his family but himself.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

We've known for a while Jon and Lois both disappear till the end of man of steel. I think the only intersting info is that video Superlad posted saying he is exploring Clark Kent's new status quo going forward. I'm wondering if he gets a new position at the daily planet, maybe that's why things are different?

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    No Jon isn't that popular and the main draw of Superman isn't focused on his family but himself.
    And yet, how many people were originally complaining (for years and years!) when DC erased Clark's and Lois' marriage prior to it's return in Superman: Lois & Clark?