Page 128 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I still feel it's lame that, going all the way back to early in the New52, DC has "returned" both Kara's and Kal's birth fathers (Zor-El and Jor-El); both became crazed menaces who wanted to harm/kill-off Earth people (Zor-El = Cyborg Superman / Jor-El = "Mr. Oz"); yet both Kara's and Kal's birth mothers are pretty much left dead. (Kara's birth mother was sort-of brought back briefly, but in a much altered form and wound up rejecting Zor-El's plan to try and bring cyborg Krytonians back at the expense of Earth humans.)
    I far prefer New 52 Lara Lor-Van to Rebirth Lara who seems to have been reset to just being Jor-El’s wife. I hope they clarify what it was she did. I prefer her training to be an astronaut before Krypton’s space program got scrapped, I think that was either DCAU or New 52 Lara.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I far prefer New 52 Lara Lor-Van to Rebirth Lara who seems to have been reset to just being Jor-El’s wife. I hope they clarify what it was she did. I prefer her training to be an astronaut before Krypton’s space program got scrapped, I think that was either DCAU or New 52 Lara.
    Pre-52 actually (so probably still is). She was born into the labor guild but somehow worked up to becoming an astronaut. New 52 she was a "mothermatican" and then retconed into a solder. DCAU she was Jor-El's wife.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Pre-52 actually (so probably still is). She was born into the labor guild but somehow worked up to becoming an astronaut. New 52 she was a "mothermatican" and then retconed into a solder. DCAU she was Jor-El's wife.
    Where was she established as an astronaut in Post-Crisis? In the World of Krypton mini she was a librarian/geneticist.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Where was she established as an astronaut in Post-Crisis? In the World of Krypton mini she was a librarian/geneticist.
    I think it was earlier than New Krypton. I just know for sure that she was a solder and "mothermatican" in the New 52.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I still feel it's lame that, going all the way back to early in the New52, DC has "returned" both Kara's and Kal's birth fathers (Zor-El and Jor-El); both became crazed menaces who wanted to harm/kill-off Earth people (Zor-El = Cyborg Superman / Jor-El = "Mr. Oz"); yet both Kara's and Kal's birth mothers are pretty much left dead. (Kara's birth mother was sort-of brought back briefly, but in a much altered form and wound up rejecting Zor-El's plan to try and bring cyborg Krytonians back at the expense of Earth humans.)
    Maybe I'm ignorant, but what's the problem here? DC just did a story a few years ago with Supergirl's mom with the new krypton storyline which lasted forever.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Maybe I'm ignorant, but what's the problem here? DC just did a story a few years ago with Supergirl's mom with the new krypton storyline which lasted forever.
    Note that I said "going all the way back to early in the New52", a period of almost seven years now.

I'm assuming by "New Krypton storyline" you meant the pre-Flashpoint debacle which wrapped up in about 2010 (about eight years ago) and is quite probably no longer considered canon in the not-yet-defined post-Flashpoint timeline(s).
    In other words, it's most likely no longer valid/no longer in effect.

Note that I said "going all the way back to early in the New52", a period of almost seven years now.

I'm assuming by "New Krypton storyline" you meant the pre-Flashpoint debacle which wrapped up in about 2010 (about eight years ago) and is quite probably no longer considered canon in the not-yet-defined post-Flashpoint timeline(s).
    In other words, it's most likely no longer valid/no longer in effect.
    Admittedly, I missed the going back to the new 52 part of your post. I still don't see a problem though.

Admittedly, I missed the going back to the new 52 part of your post. I still don't see a problem though.
    You don't think it's lame that DC's writers have resurrected both Superman's and Supergirl's supposedly-dead Kryptonian fathers and made both of them bad guys who threatened all human life on Earth?

You don't think it's lame that DC's writers have resurrected both Superman's and Supergirl's supposedly-dead Kryptonian fathers and made both of them bad guys who threatened all human life on Earth?
    I find the twisting of Zor and Jor-El to be in very bad taste, and I also find that I heavily dislike how it removes a degree of agency from Clark. Jor-El was his world's brightest mind and managed to save his son and niece from destruction. That's a high enough bar for any parent to set. I dont like the idea that "Oz" was hanging in the shadows, manipulating events or whatever he was supposed to be doing (I didn't read the story so I'm not 100% clear on what, exactly, he was doing), it just seems like it makes Clark and Kara's accomplishments less their own.

The fact that the mothers have (mostly) been left in the grave where they belong doesn't bother me. I just wish DC had possessed with wisdom to leave the fathers there too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

New image from Man of Steel #4:

And while apparently it's already been out for at least a little bit, I haven't seen this splash from #1 on here:

Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    New image from Man of Steel #4:

And while apparently it's already been out for at least a little bit, I haven't seen this splash from #1 on here:

I think that's Killer Moth and...some other guy ?

The only quibble. And I mean ONLY quibble. Reis shouldn't bother with that Returns-style raised effect on the S. I don't mind the effect in theory, the SR look was ugly though.

Beyond that though, its fantastic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I wonder if the Green Lanterns/Hal will have a big role in the mini. Bendis mentioned having fun writing him and Shaner already stated he is drawing Hal in issue 2 and now we see Hal in another issue teaser with the Maguire art. We also already saw one of the guardians in the first issue talking to rogal zaar.

It's a weird coincidence sure, but I'm not that annoyed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Are those trees on top of the buildings? That's already a pretty nice distinguishing bit of architecture for the city. Hope Bendis and his teams keep it up.

Also, boy, that's some pretty art.

I wonder if the Green Lanterns/Hal will have a big role in the mini. Bendis mentioned having fun writing him and Shaner already stated he is drawing Hal in issue 2 and now we see Hal in another issue teaser with the Maguire art. We also already saw one of the guardians in the first issue talking to rogal zaar.

It's a weird coincidence sure, but I'm not that annoyed by it.
    I'd be down with Hal playing a small but significant guest role here. Its not something we see very often compared to Superman's more common DCU teamups like Batman and Wonder Woman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El