Page 131 of 613 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Another interview https://www.inverse.com/article/4442...source=twitter

Doesn't seem like the new reporter will be outright evil, she will be with Clark investigating stories for Metropolis like him and Lois used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, it was definitely Bendis writing. Also, is it just me or does Perry talking to Clark about Lois feel...off? I mean he doesn't say something like "I'm giving you your wife's office", or even "I'm giving you Lois's office". He says her full name. That seems like an odd way refer to her to her husband. It almost feels as if he doesn't even know they're together. Could something happen that makes the marriage a complete secret to everyone? Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.

And I can't believe Snyder has Superman say swell, after I wrote all that, lol. I hadn't read that part before I posted, I skipped down first. But yeah, that's stupid. Superman was created in 1939, that's not when he was born or grew up in this continuity. That word would be old hat to his own father in this world.
    Whenever Bendis referred to Cyclops in his X-Men run it was always "Scott Summers", never "Cyclops", "Scott", "Summers", or "Slim". I guess he's doing that again with Lois.

I see, I see. Its just a style thing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Doesn't seem like the new reporter will be outright evil, she will be with Clark investigating stories for Metropolis like him and Lois used to.
    Interesting. I wonder if Lois making the transition to novelist isn't just a cover story but the status quo? I personally am fine with it, I liked that aspect in Jurgens' Lois & Clark.

This is a great interview.

I’m probably one of the few people on this board to love Bendis. I’ve loved him since his days on New Avengers where they were fighting The Hood, to Ultimate Spider-Man, to his X-Men, and so on. Him on Superman is exciting to me not just because he’s saying everything right that would get me to read the books again, but because it feels like he’s been reborn.

It’s like there’s a new man giving these interviews and writing these comics, but maybe that’s just the weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if Lois making the transition to novelist isn't just a cover story but the status quo? I personally am fine with it, I liked that aspect in Jurgens' Lois & Clark.
    While I have little doubt that in the here and now, its just a cover story, I wouldn't be totally against seeing her do it for real in the future. But I have little doubt that quitting to be a novelist is so not why she's gone right now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Funny enough Bendis makes it explicity clear that Clark didn't really include Superman in his story beyond the simple fact that he was there. Seems he's just as uncomfortable with it as you'd imagine.
    Did he? Some of the dialogue rendered really small for some reason and I couldn't make out everything.

Okay, if that's the case, then I go no issue at all.

I also gotta say, the bit with Clark talking about how "Superman shook those thugs really hard" was fascinating. Clark seemed genuinely upset and concerned by that, and if Bendis is going to be exploring the character's self-awareness and evaluation through how "Clark" and "Superman" see each other......then Bendis might (just maybe, maybe,) get Superman in a way very few writers do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Love the comment on super-senses, and how they contrast with that other guy in red he used to write.
    Buh-bye

For the record, Bendis has said that Lois is in "every issue". So if we consider that Lois goes with Jon because well, she's his mother and what mother worth her salt wouldn't say screw it to everything else when her son was in danger, then its likely what we're going to get is split time between the stuff going on with Superman on Earth, and what Lois and Jon are doing wherever it is Jor-El took them to keep Rogal Zaar from being able to get to Jon.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

For the record, Bendis has said that Lois is in "every issue".
    Whoa! Really? Link?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

For the record, Bendis has said that Lois is in "every issue". So if we consider that Lois goes with Jon because well, she's his mother and what mother worth her salt wouldn't say screw it to everything else when her son was in danger, then its likely what we're going to get is split time between the stuff going on with Superman on Earth, and what Lois and Jon are doing wherever it is Jor-El took them to keep Rogal Zaar from being able to get to Jon.
    if true, that will definitely alleviate concerns a bit.

Here the second tweet I've seen with him reiterating it:
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...82630684160000

She's going to be around. If people want to see her reporting they'll probably end up disappointed. But the potential silver lining there is we don't know for sure how long the absence on that level will last. For all we know she could only be away from her job for the duration of MOS. But imo if she's away from her job for the reasons I think she is, I think if anything it will only reflect positively on her character. Bendis didn't make her a mom, other writers did, he's working with what he got. And as a mother, if her son was in as much jeopardy as the story dictates he's going to be in, and she chose her job over looking out for him, well that would make her...not a very good person, frankly.

This again, full disclosure based on the theory that Jon is the main reason for their excursion, and she's going with to be with her son.

Not to say people can't have fears for what her role will be and be displeased with what that role eventually is if they are indeed displeased. If people have concerns about that that's more than their right to express. I'm just passing along the info that she's going to be in every foreseeable issue, according to the man himself, and expressing my feelings on that. Historically Lois and her use is a touchy subject. I'm not actively looking to tick anyone off but at the same time, won't shy away from posting my feelings just because its touchy.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-02-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"Bendis adds that Robinson “is gonna come in with an agenda” and see Metropolis “with a completely unique perspective.” “She is my favorite kind of character,” he adds."

It may turn out to be nothing, but when a writer said an original character is his favorite type, my alarm bells are ringing

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Here the second tweet I've seen with him reiterating it:
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...82630684160000

She's going to be around. If people want to see her reporting they'll probably end up disappointed. But frankly if she's away from her job for the reasons I think she is, I think if anything it will only reflect positively on her character. Bendis didn't make her a mom, other writers did, he's working with what he got. And as a mother, if her son was in as much jeopardy as the story dictates he's going to be in, and she chose her job over looking out for him, well that would make her...not a very good person, frankly.

This again, full disclosure based on the theory that Jon is the main reason for their excursion, and she's going with to be with her son.
    I'm reading the responses to the tweet. "gendered violence"? Seriously?

Honestly I'm not really bothered because the thing that bothers me most about these situations when a creator brings on an original creation, is that they try and make said character a love interest for the main character. That obviously can't happen here. The worst that could possibly happen with Robin (can I call her Robin? Cause I'm gonna), is that she's overused, and readers resent her on that basis alone. So hope he treads carefully in that regard.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-02-2018 at 03:22 PM.