Page 132 of 613 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Here the second tweet I've seen with him reiterating it:
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...82630684160000

She's going to be around. If people want to see her reporting they'll probably end up disappointed. But the potential silver lining there is we don't know for sure how long the absence on that level will last. For all we know she could only be away from her job for the duration of MOS. But imo if she's away from her job for the reasons I think she is, I think if anything it will only reflect positively on her character. Bendis didn't make her a mom, other writers did, he's working with what he got. And as a mother, if her son was in as much jeopardy as the story dictates he's going to be in, and she chose her job over looking out for him, well that would make her...not a very good person, frankly.

This again, full disclosure based on the theory that Jon is the main reason for their excursion, and she's going with to be with her son.

Not to say people can't have fears for what her role will be and be displeased with what that role eventually is if they are indeed displeased. If people have concerns about that that's more than their right to express. I'm just passing along the info that she's going to be in every foreseeable issue, according to the man himself, and expressing my feelings on that. Historically Lois and her use is a touchy subject. I'm not actively looking to tick anyone off but at the same time, won't shy away from posting my feelings just because its touchy.
    Thanks for posting, also confirmation Lois and Jon will appear in man of steel besides just the last issue of the series, which is what I was worried about.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm reading the responses to the tweet. "gendered violence"? Seriously?
    Every response was pretty dumb, but that one takes the cake.

I can empathize to a degree, but if you don't want to "wait and see" maybe invent a time machine or just stop reading/watching serialized storytelling? I don't want to live in a world in which authors start giving away every plot detail in advance so people won't get worried that they may end up offended. Way to make everything toothless.

Oh, shoot. Looks like I was right again (I called this very reaction from people last week, and got a tongue lashing from a "fan" here). We unfortunately live in an age where you apparently just can't tell stories anymore unless the protagonist is female, or unless the supporting female character is always shown better & more often than the man who's name is on the book. Oh well.

I'm not big on the use of "uh" every other sentence for Clark, but as long as he doesn't start tripping over his own feet and saying "golly gee whiz, Mr. White!", I can live with it. Bendis clearly wants to differentiate Clark from Superman, so I'll deal as long as he's not portrayed like Reeve did it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Here the second tweet I've seen with him reiterating it:
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...82630684160000
    Man, I'd be 100% down for Bendis cutting away to Lois on the planet with Jon and Jor-El. I said it in the other thread, but this is giving me a bunch of Superman 2000 vibes minus the ending. Everything from Lois and Clark's long distance relationship to Superman's new way of going about heroics seems to be echoed here, and I'm pretty for it. But, like also said in the other thread, I don't envy Bendis' task one bit. He's brought it on himself obviously, and I commend the ambition, but this (possible) set-up would be hard for any writer to pull off, imo.

Ever just stop and realize how nuts Lois' life is? She's a normal human being that's (apparently) gonna have to go live on a world of superpeople with her half alien son and crazy alien father in-law while her alien husband has to fight the guy who blew up his home planet.......and she rolls with that sh!t because she's a freakin' G, man! That's a POV that I physically NEED to see pretty regularly if this is going to be a thing.

Also, do you figure Kara ends up going up there at some point? That whole "oh snap, unck, you're alive! My dad's a cyborg btw. What's new with you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Oh, shoot. Looks like I was right again (I called this very reaction from people last week, and got a tongue lashing from a "fan" here). We unfortunately live in an age where you apparently just can't tell stories anymore unless the protagonist is female, or unless the supporting female character is always shown better & more often than the man who's name is on the book. Oh well.
    Well that's not a fair thing to say is it? That's also a super over generalization, well, a lot of this. Granted it's only been like 20 some pages of what amounts to previews, but fans (women, men, anyone) feeling a bit sketchy about the unknown after getting virtually no info on what's to come is a pretty reasonable reaction, I feel. Not everyone has to take these previews as comparatively well as you, I, or others have, and that should be fine, right?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-02-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I know it was a cover story, but if Lois isn't actually taking notes for her kickass book while off on her outer space adventure with her kid, I will be a bit let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Man, I'd be 100% down for Bendis cutting away to Lois on the planet with Jon and Jor-El. I said it in the other thread, but this is giving me a bunch of Superman 2000 vibes minus the ending. Everything from Lois and Clark's long distance relationship to Superman's new way of going about heroics seems to be echoed here, and I'm pretty for it. But, like also said in the other thread, I don't envy Bendis' task one bit. He's brought it on himself obviously, and I commend the ambition, but this (possible) set-up would be hard for any writer to pull off, imo.

Ever just stop and realize how nuts Lois' life is? She's a normal human being that's (apparently) gonna have to go live on a world of superpeople with her half alien son and crazy alien father in-law while her alien husband has to fight the guy who blew up his home planet.......and she rolls with that sh!t because she's a freakin' G, man! That's a POV that I physically NEED to see pretty regularly if this is going to be a thing.

Also, do you figure Kara ends up going up there at some point? That whole "oh snap, unck, you're alive! My dad's a cyborg btw. What's new with you?"

Well that's not a fair thing to say is it? That's also a super over generalization, well, a lot of this. Granted it's only been like 20 some pages of what amounts to previews, but fans (women, men, anyone) feeling a bit sketchy about the unknown after getting virtually no info on what's to come is a pretty reasonable reaction, I feel. Not everyone has to take these previews as comparatively well as you, I, or others have, and that should be fine, right?
    Didn't Jor-El kind of, well, kill his brother-in-law/Kara's father? Granted, hard to say how in control he was, but still. That's going to be a pretty awkward discussion.

Also, did I miss something? Is Lois off in space with Jon? Or, what is going on with her and Jon right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Didn't Jor-El kind of, well, kill his brother-in-law/Kara's father? Granted, hard to say how in control he was, but still. That's going to be a pretty awkward discussion.
    Did he? When? Also Zor-El is his actual brother. I thought Brainiac was looking for Jor-El but found Zor-El and made him look like Jor-El and turned him into a cyborg. Don't know what's happened to him since Kara put him in a tank.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Did he? When? Also Zor-El is his actual brother. I thought Brainiac was looking for Jor-El but found Zor-El and made him look like Jor-El and turned him into a cyborg. Don't know what's happened to him since Kara put him in a tank.
    Brother than.

But it was in an issue leading up to the reveal of Mr. Oz that it happened, I believe. It was a while back.

Supergirl #13. Here you go!

http://insidepulse.com/2017/09/13/dc...ore-surprises/
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Brother than.

But it was in an issue leading up to the reveal of Mr. Oz that it happened, I believe. It was a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Wow. Huh. Well then. That's quite the wrinkle lol. I really do wonder if this will be brought up?

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Oh, joy.
    Another reason I'm glad I dropped Orlando's Supergirl before this.

To the bolded, I disagree. Whatever happened to following a story to see how it plays out? Have you seen some of the tweets thrown at Bendis today? After those 20-odd pages of previews, he's being called everything from "unfair" to using "gender violence". Nobody wants a mystery anymore, they want everything told to them up front.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

To the bolded, I disagree. Whatever happened to following a story to see how it plays out? Have you seen some of the tweets thrown at Bendis today? After those 20-odd pages of previews, he's being called everything from "unfair" to using "gender violence". Nobody wants a mystery anymore, they want everything told to them up front.
    I never ever said I agreed with some of the tweets, ridiculous and sometimes offensive hyperbole, and comments thrown his way. Some of that stuff, regardless of who it's coming from, is totally unfair.

But what's also unfair is just lumping everyone into a generalization. People claiming all this hyperbole before 30 pages have seen print don't and shouldn't speak for everyone. Mystery is fine--great even, but putting yourself in the shoes of fans of the Lois character who have had to put up with a good deal of crap for a while, I can very much sympathize with some uneasiness to the tune of "well, what did they do this time." Again, my feeling on this are different (not because of my gender or race) but because I just happen to share that style of thinking for most of anything, but I can sure empathize with it. That's what I'm getting at.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-02-2018 at 06:07 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

A lot of fans seem to want their hands held by the writers these days and get ticked when a particular writer doesn't do so. Personally, I'd rather discover things for myself by actually reading the book and I don't need any writer to hold my hand while I'm reading it either. Then again I appear to have a lot more patience then the average comic book fan has nowadays.

I never ever said I agreed with some of the tweets, ridiculous and some times hyperbole, and comments thrown his way. Some of that stuff, regardless of who it's coming from, is totally unfair.

But what's also unfair is just lumping everyone into a generalization. People claiming all this hyperbole before 30 pages have seen print don't and shouldn't speak for everyone. Mystery is fine--great even, but putting yourself in the shoes of fans of the Lois character who have had to put up with a good deal of crap for a while, I can't very much sympathize with some uneasiness to the tune of "well, what did they do this time." Again, my feeling on this are different (not because of my gender or race) but because I just happen to share that style of thinking for most of anything, but I can sure empathize with it. That's what I'm getting at.
    I can empathize with Lois fans but frankly some of comments Bendis is getting over this story make it really difficult to do so because we haven't even seen what the situation is here yet but we have fans crying foul and waving pitchforks over it already. At this point its just a bunch of kneejerk responses without suitable facts to back it up IMHO. Could it turn out to be valid, sure, but right now we just don't have enough information to go to make that kind of judgement.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG