Page 140 of 613 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Is his classic costume even in continuity anymore? I thought Johns run after Rebirth made the current look pretty much the standard GL look and thus what Hal always has worn.
    It looks pretty in-line with Hal's Secret Origin costume.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Neat seeing classic Toyman back. Art feels very whimsical .
    I was trying to figure that out. I guess it should be and maybe it's a flashback to the earlier days, but he still seems too young.

I wonder if we'll get some situation where Rogol Zaar reveals something damaging about Superman to the public, which causes serves as each member of the JL having a flashback of an older memory of him, serving as a re-establishing of his relationship with each of his comrades. I mention some sort of damaging reveal about him because the FCBD story features Perry going on about not wanting anymore stories about people being afraid of Superman. Makes me think Zaar's attack comes with information about Kal and Kara as Kryptonians that make people wary, and thus
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-14-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Looks great. Wonder if this is Hal and Superman's first meeting.
    I'm pretty sure their new 52 meeting in Justice League is still in play. Hal seems pretty present throughout points in MOS--with good reason given what we know and what we're speculating--so I'm guessing it's still in the present. Shaner did say that his issue would be dealing with exploring Clark's new status quo.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I guess I'm just thrown because like Kuwagaton my first impression was that Toyman looks so retro and young here. But we'll see.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-14-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Don't think we've seen Toyman since Pre 52, right? We've had Hiro and Prankster, but Winslow Schott has been gone. And last we saw him he looked like this

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100303160211

So Bendis is kind of free to go with whatever he feels like, and given that he seems like a pretty "iconic"/recognizable guy, seems like he just went for this Toyman. No way of knowing for sure, but like said, Toyman hasn't been seen since pre 52 anyways.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I wonder if we'll get some situation where Rogol Zaar reveals something damaging about Superman to the public, which causes serves as each member of the JL having a flashback of an older memory of him, serving as a re-establishing of his relationship with each of his comrades. I mention some sort of damaging reveal about him because the FCBD story features Perry going on about not wanting anymore stories about people being afraid of Superman. Makes me think Zaar's attack comes with information about Kal and Kara as Kryptonians that make people wary, and thus
    Maybe it has to do with why Zaar wanted to destroy Krypton?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Don't think we've seen Toyman since Pre 52, right? We've had Hiro and Prankster, but Winslow Schott has been gone. And last we saw him he looked like this

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100303160211

So Bendis is kind of free to go with whatever he feels like, and given that he seems like a pretty "iconic"/recognizable guy, seems like he just went for this Toyman. No way of knowing for sure, but like said, Toyman hasn't been seen since pre 52 anyways.
    Classic Toyman was in the splash of villains after the Reborn fusion, so I'm guessing the merge/Rebirth brought him back.

Classic Toyman was in the splash of villains after the Reborn fusion, so I'm guessing the merge/Rebirth brought him back.
    You're totally right. But no instances of him showing up before that moment, right? No new look or anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You're totally right. But no instances of him showing up before that moment, right? No new look or anything like that?
    Not that I can think of.

I'm kind of surprised it's been so long since anyone used Silver Banshee too. Parasite's got an upcoming Green Arrow arc at least.

It's strange how little Superman's foes have been used in these five years. Kurt Busiek and Johns were the last team to use the bulk of Superman's foes while making new ones. Hoping Bendis is down to do the same. From what it sounds like, he just might be.

Not that I can think of.

I'm kind of surprised it's been so long since anyone used Silver Banshee too. Parasite's got an upcoming Green Arrow arc at least.
    The unfortunate thing about kinda cool updates for Maxima and Siobhan is that bringing them back to the Superman fold from Supergirl has some work to do if for some other reason than "that's the way they used to be." Better than getting jammed into a tight closet like Zor-el but probably not getting touched until Bendis gets bored or leaves just the same.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Man of Steel #1 Advance Review: Brian Michael Bendis Understands Superman: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...ands-superman/

Glad for that opening statement. I've been trying to stay open to the fact that things haven't really started yet and can twist and turn for good or bad a thousand times before the run is over but... from Action 1000 I immediately felt that Bendis was set to make good on not just his words for Metropolis but most importantly Superman himself. I'm actually quite biased and believing it'll be good, but I also am believing that others will see it too.

There was nothing I heard that I didn't like. After #1000 and FCBD, there's nothing I've read I didn't like, small as the sample sizes were. That's all I know at this point, that's all I can know at this point, and thus I'm going in with as much good will as I have had before with any run I didn't have anything immediately against.

Since the reviewer admits he's biased about liking Bendis' work, I feel that invalidates his objectivity of the next line where he says he'd "come down on him" if it wasn't good. Sounds like Bendis is still riding the same bicycle which makes me worried and fearful for Superman's future. Bendis has left each and every canon Marvel property worse off than when he started on them so I am not looking forward to his approach to Superman.