Page 152 of 613 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 9194

This has me wondering again if Jor-El and Clark actually come up with a way to wipe the marriage and Jon from memory altogether for a while (for others, not them), as an extra safety measure.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This has me wondering again if Jor-El and Clark actually come up with a way to wipe the marriage and Jon from memory altogether for a while (for others, not them), as an extra safety measure.
    I could be misremembering things, but i thought that the DC Nation story made it clear the Planet staff is still aware that Lois and Clark are married and the fact of her sudden departure and because of that fact Perry knows Clark isn't giving him the full story of why she left...assuming the DC nation story like the Action 1000 story were set in the near future, I.E.post MOS#1.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I could be misremembering things, but i thought that the DC Nation story made it clear the Planet staff is still aware that Lois and Clark are married and the fact of her sudden departure and because of that fact Perry knows Clark isn't giving him the full story of why she left...assuming the DC nation story like the Action 1000 story were set in the near future, I.E.post MOS#1.
    Yeah, that was the impression I got from the DC Nation 0 issue. Clark even says "it's Parry's way of helping me" or something like that. If he'd have forgotten Lois or Jon/the relationship then there's no reason for him to help Clark work through anything because I would just be a reporter leaving.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Good points, the burden of proof would certainly be on this theory's end. Its just something I keep thinking about.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    10 Things We Can Tell You About Man of Steel #1: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...is-reis-prado/
    - So we are in fact doing the colonizer thing, huh? Wasn't expecting that. Bendis maybe playing with the complexity of the sins of Clark's forebears vs Clark, Kara, and Jon as people today. Lots of gray.

- "Superman doesn’t need a Spotify subscription" is one of the single coolest, elegant, and casually modern uses of the power (or anyone of his powers) that I've seen. No idea if this has been used in other places or in the context of super-headphones or anything like that, but this needs to be in like a movie ASAP. Superman flying through the city and his hearing tuning itself to the literal (and figurative) music of the city is inspired. Maybe he's even got a "playlist" based on the habits of the people along his flight path? So freakin dope man.

- "We get a godlike Superman" is very welcome along with "it’s exploring the way Superman sees the world and the way the world sees him as a result." This stuff is easily traceable back to Bendis interviews, and it's good to hear that this is how he's expressing it. Also good to hear that he's apparently going ham in regards to the scale and power display. New muscles for him to flex. And between the heat vision thing from 1000, the fiercely dynamic layout from him and Sook, the numerous instances of playing with Superman just appearing in a scene, and the Spotify super hearing Bendis seems to be having a blast with Superman's level of power and freedom.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-29-2018 at 03:39 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Good to hear about a first issue.

Also welcome to CBR!
    Hello!

Yea it's very fun and very Superman in everyway, the art is so beautiful to look at. The one kinda joke in the issue isn't cheesy and really fits in the scene its in.

Jon also hits a growth spurt too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
    Hello!

Yea it's very fun and very Superman in everyway, the art is so beautiful to look at. The one kinda joke in the issue isn't cheesy and really fits in the scene its in.

Jon also hits a growth spurt too.

Jon hits a growth spurt...say what?

* "It's called The Circle, and what they've done over the years, and what Rogol's history with them is and how it connects to the uber history of the DC Universe, will play out going forward in Superman #1. It's this massive Superman epic that takes us our whole first year."

* "Literally, by the end of the first year of Superman, the entire galactic mass of the DC universe is going to be shifted from what happened, and Superman is going to be right in the center of it," Bendis teased. "It's a very big story, and it touches the Green Lantern story, it touches Hawkworld, it touches every single corner of the DC universe, including parts we'll just be introducing."

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/30/b...fications-fro/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    * "It's called The Circle, and what they've done over the years, and what Rogol's history with them is and how it connects to the uber history of the DC Universe, will play out going forward in Superman #1. It's this massive Superman epic that takes us our whole first year."

* "Literally, by the end of the first year of Superman, the entire galactic mass of the DC universe is going to be shifted from what happened, and Superman is going to be right in the center of it," Bendis teased. "It's a very big story, and it touches the Green Lantern story, it touches Hawkworld, it touches every single corner of the DC universe, including parts we'll just be introducing."

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/30/b...fications-fro/
    Niceee, glad we will keep seeing more about this circle. So this status quo that we'll end up with at the end of the mini series will end the same time Tomasi's Super Sons maxi ends, or at least around that time.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Another new Bendis interview; mostly the restatement of familiar stuff, but some new or elaborated points:

* “Oddly, of all the characters I’ve ever written, the one [Superman is] the most similar to in a weird way is Matt Murdock, where his senses and his perception of the world is very different than ours. He hears and smells and tastes different than us, and that affects his abilities to interact or choose where he’s gonna be and what he’s gonna do. It wasn’t obvious until I started writing it, and I went, oh, you know who else would close their eyes and listen to the world? Matt.”

* “There are people in Metropolis, working Metropolis for all it’s worth, right underneath Superman’s nose. What kind of people are that good at it, that he doesn’t even know what they’re doing? That is a story I’m very excited to tell. As we have talked over the years about [other Bendis-penned comic series The United States of Murder, Inc.] and its history, a lot of people don’t even remember that the FBI did not know the mafia existed for years. They were able to keep themselves completely in the dark. There were like a thousand unsolved murders on the eastern seaboard back in that time, and until someone came forward and said, listen, I’m a member of a crime family and I need help, they had no idea it existed. So, there is an invisible force in Metropolis with no ego. It’s the opposite of Lex Luthor, they do not need Superman’s attention to run their business. And that is the scariest thing that Metropolis could ever face. … Over the course of the next few issues, you’re gonna see there’s a whole kind of underground. ‘Don’t get his attention, don’t say the following words out loud, he’ll hear them. If you say Kryptonite, he’ll hear it. He’s listening.’”

"(The Kents) are the most uncommon family, they are not normal people. Lois is not a normal person, none of them are normal. So, for them to attempt a normal construct may be be doing themselves a disservice, where there are other things they can do as a family that would get them what they needed as a family, and that’s what we’re gonna explore. We’re going to try something very unique here with Lois and Clark.”
    Buh-bye

"(The Kents) are the most uncommon family, they are not normal people. Lois is not a normal person, none of them are normal. So, for them to attempt a normal construct may be be doing themselves a disservice, where there are other things they can do as a family that would get them what they needed as a family, and that’s what we’re gonna explore. We’re going to try something very unique here with Lois and Clark.”

Finally someone who gets that its patently ridiculous to want Superman to not only have a family, but at the same time live the "normal" All-American lifestyle with said family. I mean, you CAN do it, it was done for nearly two years, but its wholly contrived.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-30-2018 at 02:54 PM.

I’d have never have thought to compare Daredevil and Supes but that’s actually a really great link between the two of them.

Haven't read Man of Steel yet, but I've said it from the start; Bendis is saying all the right things. And he continues to do so.

Seriously, this is the first time I've seen any creator on a Super-title come even close to describing Clark's senses the same way I see them. This is the first time I've seen a creator talk about the underbelly of Metropolis and mean something other than a sewer monster for Superman to punch.

And it's friggin Bendis? Seriously, Bendis??? Either I am way, way off on how I see the character, or Bendis is gonna surprise all of us with his ideas. His execution might be another matter (I feel like I haven't read enough to judge yet) but his concepts? What he's saying is about as pure "Superman" as I've seen any modern creator say outside of Morrison. It scares me a little, actually.

Friggin Bendis??!!! Never woulda seen this coming in a million years but gods damn, I think he actually gets it. And the thing that worries me the most? He seems like maybe he gets it better than a lot of the fans.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Another interview https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e58cc147641c

- 14 new characters already created so far. "One character just as important as the Last Son of Krypton? The city of Metropolis."

- “As I was reading, I had this idea, ‘Wow, that’s weird that a planet just exploded,’ ” Bendis said. “Did anyone question that? Why did that happen? It doesn’t seem like it was even investigated.” Sounds like a galactic murder case that gets hushed up, and passed off as accidental/natural causes.

- “To shove [diversity] in because that’s what I’m known for, that would be a mistake. But where story allows it, absolutely. Metropolis [is] this cultural, vibrant stew of people from all over the world. People would come from all over the world just to live in Metropolis, to be watched over by the most famous immigrant,” Bendis said. “I think the cultural vibrancy of Metropolis is going to explode from this. It’s not going to be this huge message, it’s just going to be there. Just flavor. The way we see the world. The world outside my window.”

That last point is my freakin jam, son!!! Such a simple yet effective way of making Metropolis both the city of tomorrow in a very meaningful way, and giving it a distinct flavor that no other city in the DCU can actually emulate.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-30-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Action Comics issue 1001 variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL

.....yeah, it's alright, I guess.