Page 159 of 613 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 9194
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Man, nothing in DC continuity makes any sense right now. I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis used Renee despite the recent Detective appearance. And it wouldn't bother me either; at this point that's a relatively minor continuity glitch. But really, this is great news for me no matter what; I love both Vic Sage and Renee as the Question and will gladly roll with either/both. Though from a socio-political standpoint it'd be a shame to lose a quality PoC/LBGT female hero.
    I know Rucka loves her, too. She's one of three characters he admitted on a podcast (other than Diana and Kate Kane) that he'd always come back to write. I wonder if putting Vic back in the faceless mask would be enough to estrange him from working with DC again.

They should both be operating simultaneously. The Question is faceless, what if having both also attributed a sexless quality as well? Have them both running around. To those outside the know of who usually wears the mask, wouldn't it just spring more questions? I think there's an angle there that could work if explored. Think about stories where Batman's still an urban legend and thugs are usually arguing if he's real, a man or an actual bat.

"The Question? You mean the faceless dude?"
    "No, she was a dame!"
    "Aww geddoudahere, he collared me in April. Built like a truck and hits like one too. The Question ain't no--"
    *Heads knocked together from emerging hands in a dark crevice*

You get the idea.

And yes, I'm a sucker for '30s dockworker henchmen.
    Last edited by Robanker; 06-08-2018 at 07:15 PM.

I'd be thrilled if both Vic and Renee were operating at the same time. I mean, Vic's ending in the 52 series was a really solid send-off (at least I thought so) and probably a better ending than he's likely to get get again. So I'd be sad to see that undone. But he's a great character and though I might grumble about him being used again and how it damages the pathos of the narrative, I'd also happily be picking up his appearances (assuming they were well done).

And 30's dockworker henchmen dialogue is the absolute best!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Batman will be showing up in Man of Steel this week.

"well, I am VERY happy to report you'll find out a bit of that THIS WEDNESDAY. Man of steel 3 has my first proper batman scene & the amazing work of Action comics' Ryan sook... who I may have asked to marry me the other day our plans for jon are crazy huge & in Superman!" https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...68589535956992

That second bold point seems to have Bendis conforming what book fans of Jon will have details on his future come to light: the Superman book. I'd like to had that the Superman book is described as the BIG book with all the space stuff and heavy Superman stuff. So Bendis describing the plans for Jon as "crazy huge" fits within the Superman book's MO.

Also, look forward to another batch of MOS/Action/Superman related images via DC's Insta coming from Bendis this Wednesday. Don't know if Bendis ever conformed it, but it seems like he'll be doing this for the duration of the mini (4 more weeks including this one), so possibly look forwad to new images every week along with the new issue. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj20E8Gh...d=6jrvfpgkp5hu
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

"well, I am VERY happy to report you'll find out a bit of that THIS WEDNESDAY. Man of steel 3 has my first proper batman scene & the amazing work of Action comics' Ryan sook... who I may have asked to marry me the other day our plans for jon are crazy huge & in Superman!" https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...68589535956992
    This is reassuring news, hopefully that means we'll see more of Jon sooner rather than later following Man of Steel

Now if only we knew more about what's going on with Lois.

Mighty Member

That second bold point seems to have Bendis conforming what book fans of Jon will have details on his future come to light: the Superman book. I'd like to had that the Superman book is described as the BIG book with all the space stuff and heavy Superman stuff. So Bendis describing the plans for Jon as "crazy huge" fits within the Superman book's MO.

Also, look forward to another batch of MOS/Action/Superman related images via DC's Insta coming from Bendis this Wednesday. Don't know if Bendis ever conformed it, but it seems like he'll be doing this for the duration of the mini (4 more weeks including this one), so possibly look forwad to new images every week along with the new issue. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj20E8Gh...d=6jrvfpgkp5hu
    I still worry he's going to age Jon up.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I still worry he's going to age Jon up.
    That would be redundant. We already went through that with Chris (and even he got de-aged again anyway)

If it's not "Bendis will turn Jon gay", or "Bendis will kill him off", it's something else. Stop projecting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That would be redundant. We already went through that with Chris (and even he got de-aged again anyway)

If it's not "Bendis will turn Jon gay", or "Bendis will kill him off", it's something else. Stop projecting.
    It's not projecting and it isn't a Bendis thing. First off, DC has 80 years of Superman stories under their belt. There are going to be redundancies some times. Secondly, both Wallace and Emiko were introduced as pre-teen characters before suddenly being aged up by the next writer to take them on. It's something that happens sometimes and given the growth spurt comment in Man of Steel #1, it wouldn't be too shocking.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I definitely don't mind these take overs, love seeing all this amazing art. And was thinking about it looking at that Lois art, I'm kinda glad Gleason isn't on Action full time. With it being a new era we should be seeing new art on these books, I'm glad we won't see a lot of Gleason.

BANNED

Did'nt know where to put this, but this news might give Bendis more free reign after Doomsday Clock...Geoff Johns is steeping down as CCO of DC Entertainment to focus on a new production company as well as the Shazam and Three Jokers comic books

https://www.newsarama.com/40303-geof...ting-deal.html

Jim Lee has also taken over as CCO of DC Entertainment
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-11-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Lee's a wild card, but if I'm to be selfish for a moment I'm happy Superman won't be beholden to any Johns ideas going forward.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lee's a wild card, but if I'm to be selfish for a moment I'm happy Superman won't be beholden to any Johns ideas going forward.
    I'm not sure that Lee is much better, honestly. From the quotes I've seen he does seem like he gets Clark more than Johns does, but that doesn't say much. I'm still not sure if he actually gets the character.

Don't get me wrong, I got a lot of respect for Lee. He's a living legend in his field. But even if he does have a slightly better grip on Superman than Johns does, I don't know if he's a better fit for the wider DCU.

Johns should stay away from the Trinity, but he seems to have a solid handle on almost everything else. I'm sorry to see him step down.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

My hat is hanging on the fact that unlike Johns, hopefully Lee just doesn't bother with Superman much, honestly, heh. Hopefully Lee just doesn't have that desire to show up occasionally and leave a major (negative) mark with the character and leaves it to others. That would really be the nicest thing he could do. But yeah, like I said that's the selfish, singular mindset of being a Superman fan primarily. Looking at the totality of the DCU? I dunno either.

As far as Johns though, if he's focusing more on writing, maybe eventually he'll actually get around to doing a run again on some of the properties he's best with.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-11-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's not projecting and it isn't a Bendis thing. First off, DC has 80 years of Superman stories under their belt. There are going to be redundancies some times. Secondly, both Wallace and Emiko were introduced as pre-teen characters before suddenly being aged up by the next writer to take them on. It's something that happens sometimes and given the growth spurt comment in Man of Steel #1, it wouldn't be too shocking.
    Hypothetically speaking, he could be aged as far up as 13, to match Damian. Like Damian its an aging that, visually, won't change much about the design of the character (frankly I think most of the time he's drawn older looking than 10 anyway), so it wouldn't be anything too jolting as opposed to a Chris Kent-like aging. Hypothetically though, as of right now, I'm just thinking the "growth-spurt" thing might have just been thrown in as the excuse for him getting a new costume.

It could be an interesting thing to tackle going forward if Lois and Jon come back and for them, they've been gone the equivalent of two years or so. I'm not expecting nor particularly confident in the idea, but its interesting to think about.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-11-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I dunno how it matters or if it does, but Lee has always been my guy and for all his hard work, the more they give him the better imo. He likes Superman and gets along with Bendis, so I think it's clear skies ahead.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

While I obviously can't tell what he's feeling from this small press release, I get the vibe that Johns is happy, and that's really good to hear. Not to be too presumptuous but he seemed less enthusiastic as CCO. Now, like most creators seem to endeavor to do, he's doing the Bendis model: imprint where you have your freedom. He's basically doing what he became famous for: taking lesser known characters and making them relevant. Plus, he's writing Shazam.

The other big news is his production company that's putting out the GLC movie, and he's writing it based on his comics. I'm probably most interested in this news. Seems like Johns wants to basically build the DCEU with his own two hands starting with Wonder Woman 2 and GLC. Imma be real with y'all, I'd love it if he snagged the next Superman movie and got to produce it. Johns isn't my favorite creator, but right now dude seems like he's on a mission to elevate DC from all sides, and I'd be down to see Superman get some of that passion in the movies.

As for Lee taking the CCO position: I genuinely don't care.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-11-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.