Page 161 of 613 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Somewhat interesting: New Superman editor Brian Cunningham didn't like Spidey/MJ marriage. He also said he doesn't like Clark and Lois being married, but likes how Bendis is handling it..https://twitter.com/bcunningham71/st...79262315380736

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Somewhat interesting: New Superman editor Brian Cunningham didn't like Spidey/MJ marriage. He also said he doesn't like Clark and Lois being married, but likes how Bendis is handling it..https://twitter.com/bcunningham71/st...79262315380736
    Huh. I agree with him on Pete/MJ, but with Clark and Lois, I don’t know. I can certainly take or leave the Superfamily, but at this point there is no way the main Superman is ever gonna be single again(barring another full reboot).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In an ideal world, Johns would be in charge of everything in the DCU except the Trinity. Superman and Batman would be Morrison's domain, and Grant would "share custody" with Rucka on Wonder Woman.
    How desolating that this "ideal world" you write about is the kind scenario where I'd quit all of DC for good.

BANNED

Part of how Bendis is handling it involves keeping them at a distance from Clark so it's little wonder he enjoys it.

Yeah, I'm a tad concerned about this going forward.

The Spider-Man forum is alight with discussion regarding his thoughts on Peter and MJ's marriage...which makes me glad he's not editor of the Spider-books as he's yet another type who reckons Peter works best as a hard luck case.

The Peter/MJ marriage is still around too via RYV and Stan's newspaper strip.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-12-2018 at 10:28 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Part of how Bendis is handling it involves keeping them at a distance from Clark so it's little wonder why he enjoys it.

Yeah, I'm a tad concerned about this going forward.

The Spider-Man forum is alight with discussion regarding his thoughts on Peter and MJ's marriage...which makes me glad he's not editor of the Spider-books as he's yet another type who reckons Peter works best as a hard luck case.

Also makes me glad to know the Peter/MJ marriage is still around too via RYV and Stan's newspaper strip.
    This doesn't bode well but these are a bunch of stuffy old men anyway what can you do about it? This limited mindset is going to be the death of comic books.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well him having this opinion isn't really indicative of what he has to do for his job: edit a book about a married Superman. I disagree with his views, but he can have them, and in his post he even laments "but that's how it is" showing that he gets to have an opinion but the current status quo is the current status quo and he's got a job to do.

That said, I find it pretty interesting that someone who doesn't like the married Superman angle says "I'm enjoying how Brian Bendis is handling it." I can only assume Bendis' take adds in enough dynamic aspects to it that even someone who doesn't normally like the set up is good with it. Point to Bendis I suppose. I imagine it's due to Bendis playing with the idea that Superman's family isn't normal.

As someone who enjoys both the marriage and the family, I'm pretty interested to see how Bendis bridges the gap between people like me and people like Mr. Cunningham.

Edit: Brian Cunningham: "Okay. It's not my preference as a fan. But as an editor of specifically Clark and Lois, they are married and that's how they are being handled. I like the things Brian has planned to provide drama within their marriage."

I respect his professionalism. He's a fan, but he very much gets that he's got an actual job to do, and sometimes that means going against your taste.

Brian Cunningham: "I think there's a misunderstanding, and it may be my own fault. I'm not opposed to characters marrying, just specific characters that I feel marriage alters their core DNA. But I'm willing to concede I could be wrong."
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-12-2018 at 10:49 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    As someone who enjoys both the marriage and the family, I'm pretty interested to see how Bendis bridges the gap between people like me and people like Mr. Cunningham.
    Bendis has put the family on a bus, that's why he's enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis has put the family on a bus, that's why he's enjoying it.
    See conversation from twitter thread:

Anonymous: "He's handling it by keeping them separated, and Lois IS a great character. Too bad we see little of her in Bendis' comics and have only vague comments from him about her future that are hostile to her fans. Your regressive views on comic book marriage aren't encouraging either."

Brian Cunningham: "I encourage you to keep reading."

Me on here: "It's been a whole two issues, I feel like I shouldn't jump to conclusions."
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-12-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Eh, every man can have an opinion. Doesn't mean he'll actively go out of his way to do anything about it. I'll judge him on the quality of the books produced.

I'm not a big fan on judging anyone based on past Twitter comments on most anything.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-12-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Brian Cunningham: "You've given me much to consider and I appreciate the feedback."

This was pretty civil and understanding on his part, and I hope that anyone messaging him is just as civil and understanding. Again, the main point of worry is passed because he says that while he may not like that they're married, he still understands that they are and it's his job to work within those guidelines. After that it seems people are just arguing against one persons personal opinions, and said person has apparently been big enough to acknowledge new POVs and possibly even reconsider their own. Just keep all that in mind.

Well him having this opinion isn't really indicative of what he has to do for his job: edit a book about a married Superman. I disagree with his views, but he can have them, and in his post he even laments "but that's how it is" showing that he gets to have an opinion but the current status quo is the current status quo and he's got a job to do.

That said, I find it pretty interesting that someone who doesn't like the married Superman angle says "I'm enjoying how Brian Bendis is handling it." I can only assume Bendis' take adds in enough dynamic aspects to it that even someone who doesn't normally like the set up is good with it. Point to Bendis I suppose. I imagine it's due to Bendis playing with the idea that Superman's family isn't normal.

Edit: Brian Cunningham: "Okay. It's not my preference as a fan. But as an editor of specifically Clark and Lois, they are married and that's how they are being handled. I like the things Brian has planned to provide drama within their marriage."

I respect his professionalism. He's a fan, but he very much gets that he's got an actual job to do, and sometimes that means going against your taste.

Brian Cunningham: "I think there's a misunderstanding, and it may be my own fault. I'm not opposed to characters marrying, just specific characters that I feel marriage alters their core DNA. But I'm willing to concede I could be wrong."
    See conversation from twitter thread:

Anonymous: "He's handling it by keeping them separated, and Lois IS a great character. Too bad we see little of her in Bendis' comics and have only vague comments from him about her future that are hostile to her fans. Your regressive views on comic book marriage aren't encouraging either."

Brian Cunningham: "I encourage you to keep reading."

Me on here: "It's been a whole two issues, I feel like I shouldn't jump to conclusions."
    This is all very interesting news and does put things into proper perspective I guess. i fear Cunningham wouldn't act like a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    This is all very interesting news and does put things into proper perspective I guess. i fear Cunningham wouldn't act like a pro.
    Yeah, and I think it's important to take note of how civil and open minded he was about his views on his personal views as a fan. He already acknowledged that his views will not impede his work--editing a married Superman and Lois--but he went the extra mile to listen to people, and that's much appreciated.

Ryan Sook The Man of Steel short interview

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/06/11/r...res-a-preview/

Yeah, and I think it's important to take note of how civil and open minded he was about his views on his personal views as a fan. He already acknowledged that his views will not impede his work--editing a married Superman and Lois--but he went the extra mile to listen to people, and that's much appreciated.
    Yeah that's good to hear that there are some comic pros out there who are humble and open minded enough to listen to others. And have the tack to understand the concern fans feel towards Man of Steel.

BANNED

(Sigh)

10 char