Page 162 of 613 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    (Sigh)

10 char
    Is there objectively anything wrong with that statement? Just in that Twitter thread alone there were fans of Peter/MJ and Superman/Lois who countered one of Cunningham's points by saying that there could still in fact be "drama" in a fictional marriage. Is it that you're projecting what type of drama you assume will be in the marriage or is it that you simply don't agree that there should be drama of any kind in the books when it comes to Lois and Clark being together? Either way, the word "drama" is not at all specified beyond it being a thing.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Is there objectively anything wrong with that statement? Just in that Twitter thread alone there were fans of Peter/MJ and Superman/Lois who countered one of Cunningham's points by saying that there could still in fact be "drama" in a fictional marriage. Is it that you're projecting what type of drama you assume will be in the marriage or is it that you simply don't agree that there should be drama of any kind in the books when it comes to Lois and Clark being together? Either way, the word "drama" is not at all specified beyond it being a thing.
    I'm hoping the drama is different from the conventional trappings of drama in marriages

I'm hoping the drama is different from the conventional trappings of drama in marriages
    If that's the case, then I'd refer you back to Bendis' numerous quotes about Lois and Clark's marriage and family not being treated as normal from here on out. That seems to all but confirm that it will not be the typical drama or challenges attributed to most fictional marriages.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-12-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

All sounds good to me. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times (actually I think I've said it three), there is no way that Clark could provide the same life that Pa provided for him and Ma. Just not possible when you're essentially a rock star x100,000,000. Not that he can't provide a good life, just not the same life.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Today's instagram takeover has kicked off, and as well as reaffirming that Sook is joining Action, Bendis notes 1004 and 1005 are "pretty huge issues storywise for Lois and Clark". Which would seem to confirm Superlad's impression that as far as Clark's family relationships go, Superman will be more him and Jon, while Action will be him and Lois.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Instagram observations:

Lois is in Action 1001, writing up a story in a building with the Daily Planet in full view of her through a window

Its going to be interesting to see how he plays those dynamics considering the likelihood they won't physically be together in the present. I'm imagining cutaways and flashbacks. Somewhat similar to the type of things lots of writers do when Clark's relationship with his parents, how a storyline calls back to a memory of Clark's past.

I still think in regards to Action, considering that's the more grounded one, and seemingly the one that will be focusing on the arsonist, the tie could be Clark focusing on notes he discovers of Lois's where we find out she was already on to a potential arsonist before it started getting worse, and he uses it to aid in his investigation, and the Lois stuff will be...well wherever she is which is still a secret, and the themes converge in a symbolic way.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-12-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yoooooo that Jimmy Olsen love tho!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj72CbUn...en-by=dccomics

My fingers are crossed for more focus on him and his brand of strangeness during Bendis' run.

Also issue 3 is gonna be breathtaking to look at, man. And you're telling me that I can expect art like this from Action Comics fairly regularly? Stop playin with me, man.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj70oEyn...en-by=dccomics

Isn't 3 the one Bendis warned against spoilers too? It got me expecting something big. We'll see.

BANNED

Here's that shot of Lois

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjqN7WTH...en-by=dccomics

So she isn't off-world, or so it appears, which means only Jon is.

I still think that's a flashback shot and she is indeed with Jon in the present day, where ever "there" is.

Here's that shot of Lois

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjqN7WTH...en-by=dccomics

So she isn't off-world, or so it appears, which means only Jon is.
    At this point, I can't really say the predictions of them being off world will be true or not. The flashbacks in Man of Steel seem to imply one thing, but then we have this page clearly set in a city on what looks to be Earth.

It's possible that they're only off world (if at all) for Man of Steel, and Lois comes back but Jon has to stay for whatever reason? Or this could be a flashback Lois is having while off world? Or this could still be on another world? Or it's something else altogether? I can't really say anymore, and that's pretty cool in its own right.

BANNED

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I seem to be the only one who think Lois and Jon are just gonna be back home and back to semi-normal by the end of Man of Steel, aside from Jon going through whatever he goes through as a result of the growth spurt.
    Buh-bye

I'm just going off what DC Nation #1 alluded to in that Superman interview. They said what happened to Lois and Jon is still something Clark is dealing with into July, so it sounded to me like they're not all together again yet. To me it insinuated something longer term than just MOS. No interview is absolutely foolproof though and it can be interpreted different ways so, no one's really 100% on anything.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-12-2018 at 01:45 PM.