Page 173 of 613 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 9194
    BANNED

Why exactly couldn't the ppl from Kandor leave the bottle again? Moslty when we see Superman and the Atom have been seen going in and back out multiple times

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Why exactly couldn't the ppl from Kandor leave the bottle again? Moslty when we see Superman and the Atom have been seen going in and back out multiple times
    This crossed my mind last night. Do we know the people of Kandor are dead?

I'm not up to date on the current continuity of Brainiac, but is it possible that the bottle was broken (I'm sure plenty of people died in the process) and once it was broken, the Kryptonians were exposed to yellow sun, gained abilities, and escaped?

And even if current continuity rules this out.....do we really think that matters right now, between DC's overall mess and Bendis writing?

It seems like a pretty viable option to me, the more I think about it. Clark gets a win down the road when he finds out some Kandorians survived. It puts Kandor (the people if nothing else) back in play, thus returning us to the basic status quo. Plus if leaves you with a few fun problems; the Kryptonians survived leaving the bottle, but are still small. But now that they know they can survive outside.....what do you do with them? Do you build a new bottle? Do you build a tiny colony on Mars for them? How does that play out? These are just regular people, their size makes them even more dangerous than Clark, and they've been held prisoner by Brainiac for decades. How well are they going to adjust to being free?

Plus; tiny Supermen shooting out of Clark's sleeves (fingers). Gotta say, that's a hell of a call-out if Bendis does it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Why could they never leave the bottle?

And why can't they make them big again?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Why could they never leave the bottle?
    Depends on the version of Kandor. The one that Bendis seems to be using is the most classic version complete with Superman's cousin (Van-Zee). In this version they can all physically leave the bottle, but they'll still be small. Most of the Kandorians would rather stay under a red sun and live as they did on Krypton, and that's what the bottle provides.

And why can't they make them big again?
    Brianiac is this smartest character in the DCU, and even though The Atom discovered shrinking tech for humans, Brainiac has had it for centuries longer. His version of shrinking isn't reversible because he never wanted them to be big again. At the very best all Superman could do back in the Silver age was resize them for a few hours before the effects set back in.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Bendis' latest Tuesday takeover of the DC Instagram has kicked off with him looking back on some early Adam Hughes artwork, as Hughes will be handing the art on Man of Steel#5

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkgDvoBH...en-by=dccomics

BANNED

Bendis is swamping the instagram with vintage Adam Hughes

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Okay, a couple hours in and he's only posted past Adam Hughes work, so there better be some gangbusters material to tie this off.
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Damn. Bendis posted the pencils for another Reis cover for MOS #6. Sillouette of Jon bathed in some light/energy staring at Clark . This could be the aged version.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Damn. Bendis posted the pencils for another Reis cover for MOS #6. Sillouette of Jon bathed in some light/energy staring at Clark . This could be the aged version.
    Just to be nitpicky... the cover is for issue 6 of Superman not MoS.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-26-2018 at 07:53 PM.

OH! That makes a hell of a lot more sense.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Excited to see Jon as a teenager/young adult, just really hope he won't be a villain. I won't mind if some of the optimism he has a kid is gone, but I' rather him still be good at his core.

If he’s from the Batman 666 future, I doubt he has any optimism left in him. Interested to see where this is leading.

BANNED

So we have approximately six months to wait for advancements in Jon's story..half-way through the year-long story. This could be end up being quicker than I thought.

Wonder if this is Jon coming in from the future to put his dad's worries to rest...possibly his mothers' too, that is, if Lois is available.

Superman #1 Forbidden Planet exclusive variant cover by Joshua Middleton:

Pre-order here: https://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=super...dleton+variant

7 Ate 9 Comics exclusive variant cover by Francesco Mattina:

Last edited by Jon11; 06-27-2018 at 08:07 AM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.