Page 174 of 613 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 9194

Bendis has said its a "good theory" that Zaar might be a Czarnian. Could just be playing around but there are similarities that might very well have been intentional.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Apparently this person's a new character.

Pat Gleason: "Superman and a mysterious new character from @BRIANMBENDIS ' upcoming Action Comics 1001"
    https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...96957508767745

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bendis says he will explain what happened to Jor El after the oz affect ended: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...09510735212545

So I guess all of us calling out that continuity error can rest easy

I wonder if we're in for some big reveals by way of changing up the intended Dr. Manhattan/Doomsday Clock connection to Mr. Oz. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out it was some wholly other force has been at work here with Jor-El's life being saved. Something more grounded in Superman-specific lore.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wonder if we're in for some big reveals by way of changing up the intended Dr. Manhattan/Doomsday Clock connection to Mr. Oz. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out it was some wholly other force has been at work here with Jor-El's life being saved. Something more grounded in Superman-specific lore.
    Could be. But than again

Spoilers for issue 50 of King’s Batman
    spoilers:
    Flashpoint Thomas Wayne is back in King’s Batman so I’m not so sure
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Apparently this person's a new character.

Pat Gleason: "Superman and a mysterious new character from @BRIANMBENDIS ' upcoming Action Comics 1001"
    https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...96957508767745

God damn I’m happy Gleason is still on Superman. I love his art, and this looks really good.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bendis says he will explain what happened to Jor El after the oz affect ended: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...09510735212545

Oh nice. Can't say I was ever actually worried that this would be explained to satisfaction, but it's cool to hear it in advance. Pretty cool of Bendis to be apparently laying down hints in the insta takeovers. probably make for a rewarding look back when all's said and done.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Lol, I see Bendis is up to this old trick again...
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-02-2018 at 01:26 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Lol, I see Bendis is up to this old trick again...
    At least he has not tossed aside continuity like he normally does.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Just noticed Bendis' updated twitter profile reads "Superman's new Lex"

Just noticed Bendis' updated twitter profile reads "Superman's new Lex"
    Weird but not inaccurate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Weird but not inaccurate.
    At least he finally removed the description of himself as a "destroyer of childhoods"

At least he finally removed the description of himself as a "destroyer of childhoods"
    If he wanted a fresh start coming to DC ha had better especially when he made too many dubious decisions over at Marvel but it does not need his help to continue making dubious decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    At least he has not tossed aside continuity like he normally does.
    Give it time. He clearly hasn't read The Oz Effect, so he probably won't even really acknowledge what happened to Jor-El after that story.
    Spurious versions, fundamentally wrongheaded premises, can, and often do, prevail from time to time, but eventually the character, Superman himself, Tulpa Superman, will–somehow, somehow–resist and reverse that meddling, reconstituting himself in the world as he means to be. ~Alvin Schwartz (paraphrased by Tom deHaven)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Give it time. He clearly hasn't read The Oz Effect, so he probably won't even really acknowledge what happened to Jor-El after that story.
    Anything is possible honestly witht he way the scen was on the other hand I think their distrust of Jor-El hints at that time.