Page 185 of 613 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Wow, so, I don't know why it took me thing long to realize, but I think I *may* understand how Bendis plans on doling out Lois' time in space to us: it's her book, right?

So maybe as she writes the book, we get more information on her adventures (with the writing as narration to flashbacks)? It seems as if though she's still working on it in Action Comics issue #1001 (https://www.instagram.com/p/BjqN7WTH...en-by=dccomics)

If this is in fact the format that we'll be getting the information, then I'm quite happy. That's a direct POV from her, and a nice way to directly incorporate her writing into the story.

Regardless of if this is what Bendis is planing on or not, I wonder what she'll call the book? My money was on "I Spent The Summer With Superboy" but it's feeling like we might be getting a more dire sounding title than that.

Glad we've still got two weeks of weekly Superman books to go.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Ehhh, it takes like 3 seconds to Google "where to buy comics".
    I know, but you shouldn't have to Google something that simple after watching a commercial. Like I said; a commercial's purpose is to point consumers towards the product, and this one didn't do that very well.

It's a solid commercial, other than that, don't get me wrong.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think it's very fair to assume that people will try BAM and B&N, although you can't really promote them without throwing the LCS under the bus. But most comic shops do it to themselves with either weak promotion, poor customer service by retail standards, or both.

I like that ad, especially how it uses motion as yeah, a static commercial is a no no even if you're advertising print. But if you feature a no name like Zaar, you should probably show him give as well as he gets.

Oh and Superlad, next week is a skip week.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bendis is on the word balloon podcast again http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wordbal...views-and-more

BANNED

From Word Baloon

-Bendis has read the script for issue one of Heroes In Crisis and really relates to it, says the book got under his skin and that's crafted at a high level and very "true"

-Bendis won't be at San Diego

-Bendis talks about nailing Jon's temperment, energy and needs, says it's not difficult due to knowing people like Jon

-Says it's as difficult to make a fun story as it is a complex story.

-Says Incredibles 2 is a perfect example of a simple emotional and honest story making itself appear complicated

-Bendis didn't like Solo

-Tells the story of the real life Rogul that saved his life and inspired Zarr

-Starfire's dad was among the Circle in MOS 1, including two new characters who will be covered more in Superman and Supergirl

-Bendis was surprised he didn't get his ass kicked as much when he destroyed Kandor, said the story was writing itself and it wasn't a planned moment, said destroying Kandor scared even him

-Says this story will not affect the saga of Krypton, just affecting what went on behind the scenes

-Bendis says that he is gunning for the emotion of elseworlds and imaginary stories in his run

-Says Jurgens deserves a slow golf clap, and is flabbergasted at what he accomplished.

-Says Lois and Jon come back with a story..."Grandpa's crazy, help", and that Jon is still with Jor-El. Lois returns ahead of him. Says he is a quest to surprise and delight "those who have seen it all". Says Jon is made of win.

-Says his son loves the Supersons books.

-Says a Lois Lane book is in the development stages

-Says that Ryan Sook is illustrating Action 1004

-Says after Issue 1005 is "the biggest thing he's ever god damn done"

-Cat Grant is in issue 1003 trying to steal away Clark to work for her

-Jimmy has stuff going on
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-09-2018 at 09:54 AM.

BANNED

Bendis says Superrman Beyond is on his "to do list"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interesting that the bedroom conversation with Lois is a discussion about Lex...

BANNED

So Bendis says issue 1004 of Action Comics is a "very special" issue about Lois and Clark, and that while it has a positive message behind it, it's apparently his big statement on their relationship and one he "stands behind"..which is usually code in comics for "I'm sinking a 'ship"

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So Bendis says issue 1004 of Action Comics is a "very special" issue about Lois and Clark, and that while it has a positive message behind it, it's apparently his big statement on their relationship and one he "stands behind"..which is usually code in comics for "I'm sinking a 'ship"
    If you mean the marriage then that is unfortunate still he did say he wanted to prove that they do care about the marriage so let's see.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If you mean the marriage then that is unfortunate still he did say he wanted to prove that they do care about the marriage so let's see.
    He said they would show they cared about the family, which I believe, but you can have a family and not be married.

Bendis' choice of words lately have been big warning signs, talking about the family being "unconventional", finding ways to interact with each other differently, finding ways of loving and relating to one another. All of this points to, if not a divorce, then a long-term seperation that will be resolved before Doomsday Clock.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-09-2018 at 10:19 AM.

He said they would show they cared about the family, which I believe, but you can have a family and not be married
    A family is better when it's whole I believe you should know that single parent families on the other hand have a more uphill battle. Besides if you don't keep Clark's family whole there are dire consequences from the fans and I will be ready to duck when that happens.

Astonishing Member

I don't think he's sinking L&C at all.

He said they would show they cared about the family, which I believe, but you can have a family and not be married.

Bendis' choice of words lately have been big warning signs, talking about the family being "unconventional", finding ways to interact with each other differently, finding ways of loving and relating to one another. All of this points to, if not a divorce, then a long-term seperation that will be resolved before Doomsday Clock.
    Unconventional can kind of mean anything. It better be a separation at least it will be better than divorce because if that happens I know Bendis will have the scorn of a lot of people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't think he's sinking L&C at all.
    He isn't sinking their relationship, but he's probably been instructed to end the marriage and he's simply going to soften the blow for everyone with how he has them handle it in these issues.

What kind of "very special issue" would it be if their relationship was already hunky-dory? What makes his statement a "very positive one" if their relationship is often full of positive statements? Clearly something is happening in these early issues to warrant bringing up how special their closeness is, he's either teasing a seperation/divorce, or a seperation/divorce is already developing when we catch up with them
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-09-2018 at 10:41 AM.