Page 186 of 613 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 9194
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    He isn't sinking their relationship, but he's probably been instructed to end the marriage and he's simply going to soften the blow for everyone with how he has them handle it in these issues.
    That doesn't make any sense.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

I don't think the marriage is ending either.

From the way Bendis describes them as a family, I can't see how that some how means they are breaking up as a family. We saw that Lois left with Jon but she didn't actually leave Clark in terms of their relationship. If things get a little more interesting and fleshed out where they are shown to have some drama, I still don't see how that equates to them separating/breaking up/divorcing or whatever.

This feels like making a mountain out of a mole hill because people don't trust Bendis and some people involved with Superman, speaking in their own capacity it and not in official capacity said some discouraging things about Superman and his marriage (which I didn't appreciate btw) and somehow ascribing it to DC ending it all.

I haven't heard anything remotely official about the dissolving of L&C's marriage and thus cannot entertain it at all. Speculating on this is aggravating for me because there is no conclusive proof of anything other than an expression of fear in hyperbolic terms. I see things differently and am hopeful a little more and more each day, especially after hearing about a possible Lois book in development. And no, I don't take that as proof of her separating from Clark either.

If they do break up/separate/divorce over some flimsy excuse because DC wants to reset Clark back into his bachelorhood, only then will I complain, until then, I am going to enjoy the books, which aren't perfect but they still have me excited to read Superman, as always.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 07-09-2018 at 11:00 AM.

He isn't sinking their relationship, but he's probably been instructed to end the marriage and he's simply going to soften the blow for everyone with how he has them handle it in these issues.

What kind of "very special issue" would it be if their relationship was already hunky-dory? What makes his statement a "very positive one" if their relationship is often full of positive statements? Clearly something is happening in these early issues to warrant bringing up how special their closeness is, he's either teasing a seperation/divorce, or a seperation/divorce is already developing when we catch up with them
    Your first sentence still does not make any sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't think the marriage is ending either.
    You're not reading a thing I'm posting

If it's not ending, all signs point to it being in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Your first sentence still does not make any sense.
    Yes it does. We know Clark and Lois are together in Doomsday Clock, but there's no way of telling if they're still married, all we know is the relationship will continue or be reconciled by the time of that event. They might not be legally married though.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-09-2018 at 10:48 AM.

You're not reading a thing I'm posting

If it's not ending, all signs point to it being in serious trouble.

Yes it does. We know Clark and Lois are together in Doomsday Clock, but there's no way of telling if they're still married, all we know is the relationship will continue or be reconciled by the time of that event. They might not be legally married though.
    I don't know anything at this point neither does anyone really it will be more prudent to either do three things wait it out, find a new hobby or make your own media as an outlet for disappointment. I know option three is what I am doing. As for those who can't create fiction you can see your options.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 07-09-2018 at 11:37 AM.

BANNED

This feels like making a mountain out of a mole hill because people don't trust Bendis and some people involved with Superman, speaking in their own capacity it and not in official capacity said some discouraging things about Superman and his marriage (which I didn't appreciate btw) and somehow ascribing it to DC ending it all.
    There was also that report BC had some time ago that said they were ending Batman and Catwoman's relationship AND the Super-Marriage around the time of the next crisis (Tom King's Heroes In Crisis). One of those has already come to pass.

I see things differently and am hopeful a little more and more each day, especially after hearing about a possible Lois book in development. And no, I don't take that as proof of her separating from Clark either.
    They were billing the Catwoman ongoing as the adventures of the "Bat Bride" and look what happened to that

They billed Superwoman as a Lois book, and look what happened to that

If they do break up/separate/divorce over some flimsy excuse because DC wants to reset Clark back into his bachelorhood, only then will I complain, until then, I am going to enjoy the books, which aren't perfect but they still have me excited to read Superman, as always.
    And what if they start teasing the seperation/divorce right from the outset?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-09-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

There was also that report BC had some time ago that said they were ending Batman and Catwoman's relationship AND the Super-Marriage around the time of the next crisis (Tom King's Heroes In Crisis). One of those has already come to pass.

They were billing the Catwoman ongoing as the adventures of the "Bat Bride" and look what happened to that

They billed Superwoman as a Lois book, and look what happened to that

And what if they start teasing the seperation/divorce right from the outset?
    Until all you say actually happens, I shan't be pulling my hair from my head, bemoaning DC and their supposed issues against stable marriages. What happened with Batman and Catwoman can't honestly be used as an prelude to Lois and Clark. Those relationships are vastly different, just as the characters.

If it goes down as you seem intent it will, only then will I express my ardent dissatisfaction at the portrayal of the L&C marriage and not a single moment before. I won't throw a fit over what hasn't happened. That's a waste of my peace of mind.

I don't take everything written in BC as gospel.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 07-09-2018 at 11:44 AM.

BANNED

I think I've calmed down a bit now...I've been way off-base before, and Bendis knows how to promote his stories as going one way or another at the same time, so I really ought to wait it out.

I think I've calmed down a bit now...I've been way off-base before, and Bendis knows how to promote his stories as going one way or another at the same time, so I really ought to wait it out.
    Good for you.

My body is ready for anything. But still, I would be surprised if the marriage was ended, regardless of how "softly" to go about it. I just still don't buy that because Cunningham doesn't like comic book marriages that it'll go away anytime soon. I mean, I can't count how many times I've said "this won't/can't happen" and it has, so I'm no authority. Its just hard to imagine at this stage. I just can't see anyone thinking its a good idea to do divorce with Superman. The only other option would be to reveal the marriage wasn't legal in the first place or something. And why would that be? After the 90s cartoon Mister Sinister screwed over Jean and Scott he did the same to Superman?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It could be DC's next stunt: the divorce of the century in Superman #50 with 80 variant covers.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Ehhh, it takes like 3 seconds to Google "where to buy comics".
    Type "comic shop" into Google and bam, you're done.

Most places even have customer reviews right on the first page.

Finding a comic book store is hella easy.

For the record BC admitted that their source on another full reboot getting rid of relationships was bullshit. And didn’t that “source”say Batman and Catwoman WOULD get married? Like I said bullshit.

You guys think every upcoming issue will be the one that gets rid of the marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    For the record BC admitted that their source on another full reboot getting rid of relationships was bullshit. And didn’t that “source”say Batman and Catwoman WOULD get married? Like I said bullshit.

You guys think every upcoming issue will be the one that gets rid of the marriage.
    I don't think that I just want to enjoy the comic but clearly I was justified in more ways than one to be wary of reading Big Two material.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Actually, we only think the issues Bendis intentionally makes a big song and dance of in interviews are the ones that will rock the boat with the marriage. In what way is really up to him.