Page 187 of 613 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    From Word Baloon

-Bendis has read the script for issue one of Heroes In Crisis and really relates to it, says the book got under his skin and that's crafted at a high level and very "true"

-Bendis won't be at San Diego

-Bendis talks about nailing Jon's temperment, energy and needs, says it's not difficult due to knowing people like Jon

-Says it's as difficult to make a fun story as it is a complex story.

-Says Incredibles 2 is a perfect example of a simple emotional and honest story making itself appear complicated

-Bendis didn't like Solo

-Tells the story of the real life Rogul that saved his life and inspired Zarr

-Starfire's dad was among the Circle in MOS 1, including two new characters who will be covered more in Superman and Supergirl

-Bendis was surprised he didn't get his ass kicked as much when he destroyed Kandor, said the story was writing itself and it wasn't a planned moment, said destroying Kandor scared even him

-Says this story will not affect the saga of Krypton, just affecting what went on behind the scenes

-Bendis says that he is gunning for the emotion of elseworlds and imaginary stories in his run

-Says Jurgens deserves a slow golf clap, and is flabbergasted at what he accomplished.

-Says Lois and Jon come back with a story..."Grandpa's crazy, help", and that Jon is still with Jor-El. Lois returns ahead of him. Says he is a quest to surprise and delight "those who have seen it all". Says Jon is made of win.

-Says his son loves the Supersons books.

-Says a Lois Lane book is in the development stages

-Says that Ryan Sook is illustrating Action 1004

-Says after Issue 1005 is "the biggest thing he's ever god damn done"

-Cat Grant is in issue 1003 trying to steal away Clark to work for her

-Jimmy has stuff going on
    Yeesssss. I really hope it makes it out of the development stages.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't think the marriage is ending either.

From the way Bendis describes them as a family, I can't see how that some how means they are breaking up as a family. We saw that Lois left with Jon but she didn't actually leave Clark in terms of their relationship. If things get a little more interesting and fleshed out where they are shown to have some drama, I still don't see how that equates to them separating/breaking up/divorcing or whatever.

This feels like making a mountain out of a mole hill because people don't trust Bendis and some people involved with Superman, speaking in their own capacity it and not in official capacity said some discouraging things about Superman and his marriage (which I didn't appreciate btw) and somehow ascribing it to DC ending it all.

I haven't heard anything remotely official about the dissolving of L&C's marriage and thus cannot entertain it at all. Speculating on this is aggravating for me because there is no conclusive proof of anything other than an expression of fear in hyperbolic terms. I see things differently and am hopeful a little more and more each day, especially after hearing about a possible Lois book in development. And no, I don't take that as proof of her separating from Clark either.

If they do break up/separate/divorce over some flimsy excuse because DC wants to reset Clark back into his bachelorhood, only then will I complain, until then, I am going to enjoy the books, which aren't perfect but they still have me excited to read Superman, as always.
    This. I really, really, REALLY don't think a separation or divorce is in the works. If it does come to past I will eat crow and wave my pitchfork with the rest. However, just going by Bendis' constant insistence that he won't be undoing the marriage I'm going to remain doubtful for now. I could understand being uneasy by the usage of the term "stand by it" because it is almost always used in relation to something controversial. That said, I still don't think it's something like a separation or divorce.

Actually, we only think the issues Bendis intentionally makes a big song and dance of in interviews are the ones that will rock the boat with the marriage. In what way is really up to him.
    True. Fear based marketing was used prior to Man of Steel to try to gin up anxiety and mystery surrounding their fates. But that being said, I still don't think a break up is happening. I get the anxiety, I do, but considering how much they have said that a divorce isn't happening I'm going to believe them. Well, at least for now that is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    For the record BC admitted that their source on another full reboot getting rid of relationships was bullshit. And didn’t that “source”say Batman and Catwoman WOULD get married? Like I said bullshit.
    When did they say their source their was bullshit? Just curious to see it.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

From Word Baloon

-Bendis has read the script for issue one of Heroes In Crisis and really relates to it, says the book got under his skin and that's crafted at a high level and very "true"

-Bendis won't be at San Diego

-Bendis talks about nailing Jon's temperment, energy and needs, says it's not difficult due to knowing people like Jon

-Says it's as difficult to make a fun story as it is a complex story.

-Says Incredibles 2 is a perfect example of a simple emotional and honest story making itself appear complicated

-Bendis didn't like Solo

-Tells the story of the real life Rogul that saved his life and inspired Zarr

-Starfire's dad was among the Circle in MOS 1, including two new characters who will be covered more in Superman and Supergirl

-Bendis was surprised he didn't get his ass kicked as much when he destroyed Kandor, said the story was writing itself and it wasn't a planned moment, said destroying Kandor scared even him

-Says this story will not affect the saga of Krypton, just affecting what went on behind the scenes

-Bendis says that he is gunning for the emotion of elseworlds and imaginary stories in his run

-Says Jurgens deserves a slow golf clap, and is flabbergasted at what he accomplished.

-Says Lois and Jon come back with a story..."Grandpa's crazy, help", and that Jon is still with Jor-El. Lois returns ahead of him. Says he is a quest to surprise and delight "those who have seen it all". Says Jon is made of win.

-Says his son loves the Supersons books.

-Says a Lois Lane book is in the development stages

-Says that Ryan Sook is illustrating Action 1004

-Says after Issue 1005 is "the biggest thing he's ever god damn done"

-Cat Grant is in issue 1003 trying to steal away Clark to work for her

-Jimmy has stuff going on
    Thanks for these notes, sounds like a great interview.

Also, Cat Grant trying to steal away Clark from the planet, I hope Bendis references when Clark and Cat worked on that blog together during the new 52.

So Bendis says issue 1004 of Action Comics is a "very special" issue about Lois and Clark, and that while it has a positive message behind it, it's apparently his big statement on their relationship and one he "stands behind"..which is usually code in comics for "I'm sinking a 'ship"
    I don't believe for a moment that DC is going to have Lois and Clark split up. A short break? Well, that's been done before, and usually doesn't last long. But a actual split? No, I don't buy it. Not after all the bullsh*t they went through putting the marriage back into play.

But if they do? Oh man, I'll be beyond pissed off. The whole gods damn reason DC jumped through all these stupid-ass hoops to replace Superman with a older version of himself is because of Jon and the marriage and Jurgens finally convincing Didio to tell the story. If they back out on all of that? I just might quit the hobby out of exasperation.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Listening to the interview now, Bendis mentions plotting out and presenting the big cosmic stuff in the style of the Legion books he grew up with, since as they grew out of Superman it felt appropriate for some of that to feed back in.
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

- Bendis also has a flowchart of all of the history he's interacting with and creating. He calls it "the history of the DC galactic" and he'll be unavailing it as they go along.

- He's also 14 issues ahead right now, so that's really good to hear.

- Two members of the Circle are totally new characters.

- Bendis is also equating the layered history to Legion of Superheroes: Great Darkseid Saga and (even though he doesn't watch the show but can imagine) Game of Thrones. So look forward to a very textured and storied Superman universe. He says that the sort of continuity language of the Legion came from Superman, so he wants you to feel that grandness in the Superman universe even though it's not a team book.

- While Bendis is grateful to the NYTimes for their spotlight on him, he wan't grateful to the headline that read "Can he save Superman." He said it was disrespectful to anyone that has every worked on the character before him.

- The line about him using the emotional stakes and impacts from the mixing pot of What If/Elseworld stories is fantastic. I mean, I feel like people forget that Superman and Lois are currently living their Imaginary Story life with the marriage and child, so Bendis adding to that from that stand point is great. Also makes the homages to Whatever Happened and possibly For The Man Who Has Everything act as secret overture for his run for those looking.

- Sook is partnered up with Bendis and Superman for the foreseeable future, so that's objectively great.

- Action Comics issue 1004 will be in some respects Bendis' statement on Lois and Clark's relationship, and it's a very positive statement, so look forward to that.

- Lois is a main focus of Action Comics and a lot of the stuff Bendis has going forward.

- The new reporter Robenson is in no way replacement for Lois in practice or intent. People will know that at the end of the first arc of Action Comics.

- Issue 1003 Drawn by Yanick Paquette will be a sort of noir-ish story.

- Trish Q is Cat Grant's "protege"

- Steve Lombard has no lines, but Bendis has whole wordless, physical story lines with him in the background (similar to issue 2 of MOS). He calls Steve his "Colossus" in the sense that older X-Men stories that Bendis grew up with would have him never talk but always doing stuff in the back.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-09-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The description of Action #1004 as a "very special issue" is clearly a marker of quality rather than subject matter in context and by his tone of voice; especially given he mentions that that's the issue Lois fans should be looking forward to, a divorce or split or struggle or anything like that seems like anything but what's in the cards there.
    Buh-bye

Apparently Steve Lombard is going to have a plotline playing out entirely in the background with sight gags and whatnot? And Jimmy's "stuff going on" apparently extends outside of comics, though it sounds like it's still connected to the DCU rather than a TV show or something. The host and Bendis hinted together it would have to do with what a photographer might present on social media - maybe there'll be an in-universe DC instagram with 'photos' by Jimmy or something?
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 07-09-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    And Jimmy's "stuff going on" apparently extends outside of comics.
    I'm so cautiously optimistic about this. At the very least it sounds like Bendis is going to get a sizable chunk of this action, so I'm happy about that because I like his Jimmy so far.

Edit: Bendis says that Jimmy's stuff connects to the Superman books, but it's outside of the books. I seriously think it's his imprint. But Bendis does slightly alludes to the idea that might have to do with social media.

Web comics set in the background of the books maybe? I'd really like it to be some sort of book that I can read. It's been far too long since a Jimmy focused...anything.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-09-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Apparently Steve Lombard is going to have a plotline playing out entirely in the background with sight gags and whatnot?
    Yeah, it has already started with him and Ron in MoS. That's funny if it's recurring.

If y’all are confused about what Bendis plans on doing with Steve Lombard (for whatever reason), watch the Community episode “The Psychology of Letting Go” and pay attention to what Abed (Danny Pudi) does in the background.

That, but over the course of a few issues.

I’m kind of imagining office workplace shenanigans at the Daily Planet, that place must be a weird paper to work for.

Gerry Conway did something with Superman in 1971 that "emboldened" a choice he made now, and Bendis asked if it was alright to connect Conway's story to what Bendis will be doing. Also a reference to Boss Moxie apparently, so in the absolute least surprising move possible for Bendis's Superman, Intergang is presumably getting involved.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 07-09-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    Buh-bye

Superman in 1971, Conway? Not ringing a bell. That was in the Word Balloon?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Superman in 1971, Conway? Not ringing a bell. That was in the Word Balloon?
    Yeah Gerry Conway Superman in 1971 (might be Action Comics or something like that though). It was on WB.

No ideas at all?

Edit: "Boss" Moxie Mannheim apparently getting a shout out soon.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-09-2018 at 05:26 PM.

I forgot the Galactic Golem was Len Wein. Gerry Conway has so much cool stuff later, I wonder if it wasn't like 1976 or 1981 and he spoke accidentally.