Page 19 of 613 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119519 ... LastLast

After giving it a day to sink in, I'm excited about the announcement.

I've enjoyed the Rebirth era Superman books more than anything else in the last 15 years and would like to thank Jurgens and Tomasi for bringing back a character I know and love.

With Bendis, I'm glad that DC is pushing Superman to the forefront of the DC universe again.
    And what better way to do it than with a well known established writer that use to work for the competition
    DC going all-in with Bendis has the potential to be Awesome and is no less than Superman deserves for his 80th Anniversary!!
    I say potential cause I've read just about all of his work at Marvel and some stories I've loved while others were pretty bland.
    I'm hoping that the DC Universe playground will create an awesome backdrop for Bendis to do some great stuff.

Now I want to hear what Jurgens' next project will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Jon is not going to start doing drugs
    I am surprised for the fans worst fears.. That will be something excesive for a kid of 10 years..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-02-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

X-Men and Marvel in general can unfortunately bring out the trashy Jerry Springer soap in just about anyone: Morrison, Casey, and other Superman writers included. We have to trust Bendis to avoid the worst of that storytelling, and trust D.C. to help him out in dry spots.

I wouldn't make an extreme assumption, but realistically I can't say I rule out stuff like plots about infidelity.

and durabill, thanks for the initial scoop!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by durabill View Post
    After giving it a day to sink in, I'm excited about the announcement.

I've enjoyed the Rebirth era Superman books more than anything else in the last 15 years and would like to thank Jurgens and Tomasi for bringing back a character I know and love.

With Bendis, I'm glad that DC is pushing Superman to the forefront of the DC universe again.
    And what better way to do it than with a well known established writer that use to work for the competition
    DC going all-in with Bendis has the potential to be Awesome and is no less than Superman deserves for his 80th Anniversary!!
    I say potential cause I've read just about all of his work at Marvel and some stories I've loved while others were pretty bland.
    I'm hoping that the DC Universe playground will create an awesome backdrop for Bendis to do some great stuff.

Now I want to hear what Jurgens' next project will be.
    As unlikely as it is, I'd love it if jurgens got to continue a clark and lois book. I hope he doesn't just go with what is expected and does a booster gold comic.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    And Ivan Reis is doing Superman
    Alright, I'm 1,000% picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJelly View Post
    Superman is confirmed back for a #1. With the relaunch of the justice League line I'm sure there will be three or four JL books with #1's. New Challengers, Hawkman, and The Unexpected are all launching (hopefully). I suspect Green Arrow, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman get new creative teams and #1's.
    No thanks, AQUAMAN can keep on keeping. A new storyline would be nice, but beyond that the book still rocks.

Astonishing Member

Lol @ all this panic. Let's be honest Superman was getting dull and Action Comics while enjoyable got side swiped by the whole Jor-El thing that was in all forced onto Jurgens. Preferably I would have simply given Superman to Bendis and let Jurgens continue his run, but whatever if it's bad we'll move on.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post

And then once we see all that we'll end up back with Superman having the Personality of 'an arrogant upstart youthful SJW prick who bangs a non-humanizing goddess' (as so accurately stated by someone else here) because Bendis will reinstate that while any other title will maintain the current status quo.

So I'm as optimistic as I can be given the circumstances of what I've seem from Bendis recently....
    Lol, Superman is shown stopping pointless wars and yanking kid touchers off the streets and suddenly he's a SJW. Do you want Superman to be pro war and molesting kids?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bleeding Cool speculating Bendis changed a lot of the plans for Superman, don't seem to actually have any rumors, just going by tweets. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...mice-supermen/

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Lol, Superman is shown stopping pointless wars and yanking kid touchers off the streets and suddenly he's a SJW. Do you want Superman to be pro war and molesting kids?
    LOL I always am surprised when people throw the "SJW" thing at Superman as an insult. Isn't social justice Clark Kent's entire MO?

Superman is the ultimate working class hero. Granted, my ideal Superman would be heavily involved in the lives of the people around him and not floating above them.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-02-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    As unlikely as it is, I'd love it if jurgens got to continue a clark and lois book.
    It was Jurgens who got me interested in Superman again after the New 52 mess. (I had liked the George Pérez Superman series until DC screwed him over by not telling him ahead of time what was up and then having him do constant re-writes after he wasn't told anything!)

With Bendis now upending everything (AGAIN!) by taking over both titles, it seems like "Reborn" was really a wasted effort and that DC really doesn't know what to do.

As someone on facebook pointed out:

">well know marvel creator comes to decided
    >decides to write Superman
    >does A SIX ISSUE MINISERIES
    >NAMES IT MAN OF STEEL"

We're living in a time loop folks

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Lois & Clark are not going to get a divorce
    Superman and Wonder Woman are not going to be dating again
    Jon and Clark's relationship is not going to become tumultuous anymore than the usual child/parent disagreement phases in superhero stories (Don't expect anything like Black Dawn)
    Jon is not going to start doing drugs

What is actually likely to happen:

A more politically and socially conscientious Superman
    A greater focus on Lois Lane in Action Comics
    A greater focus on the Daily Planet in Action Comics
    Diversifying both books with the introduction of new characters
    Agreed. He may or may not be successful in those efforts, but even given how much he changed things up on some books in his time at Marvel, I think people are radically overestimating how much he's likely to really shake things up here (and how much he'd even be allowed to if he wanted to, given DC's skewing so hard again towards a 'classic' take at the moment). Probably some changes to the death of Krypton (hopefully nothing too radical that can't be undone), but beyond that I suspect his run will mostly hold to the fundamentals given that's what he's said he'd want to do in the past, with some more social focus he hopefully won't flub.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJelly View Post
    Superman is confirmed back for a #1. With the relaunch of the justice League line I'm sure there will be three or four JL books with #1's. New Challengers, Hawkman, and The Unexpected are all launching (hopefully). I suspect Green Arrow, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman get new creative teams and #1's.
    With the current big Batman storyline reaching a climax at #50 and then presumably ripe for a new #1 (though I sure hope King sticks around for the full 100-issue run he had in mind), yeah, it sure looks to me like DC's angling towards an unofficial staggered relaunch at the moment. Fine with me, I prefer that to forcing everybody to do it all at once; for that matter, I'm fine if there isn't a relaunch at all, and individual books are simply renumbering if and when it's simply a relatively organic development.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    As someone on facebook pointed out:

">well know marvel creator comes to decided
    >decides to write Superman
    >does A SIX ISSUE MINISERIES
    >NAMES IT MAN OF STEEL"

We're living in a time loop folks
    But I liked what John Byrne did, and that came at a perfect re-write time since the changes followed Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Now? I'm not thrilled with Bendis, and we don't need another drastic change (especially this late after Rebirth began).

Jon Is not going to do drugs. Krypto would smell the cocaine.

He will be addicted to video games and Pez. Yup, Jon is a pill popper.