Page 192 of 613 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 9194

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Seems to mostly be covering old ground this time...but nice to know all of Clark's network like Lois and Jimmy will be up and about solving the mysteries of the city.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"the fact that this has happened to me numerous times in my career is insane but I am, once again, on Superman, working with one of the best comic artists of this generation at the very top of their game."

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...12392876900352

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I guess Zaar kills Nuclear Man after all, since he was wearing a Superman cape in the glimpse we saw and now so's Zaar. I'm catching Doomsday and a White Martian right by one another on the far left.
    Buh-bye

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I guess Zaar kills Nuclear Man after all, since he was wearing a Superman cape in the glimpse we saw and now so's Zaar. I'm catching Doomsday and a White Martian right by one another on the far left.
    I think so, too. I was really hoping he'd be cool here and become a bonafide part of the rogues gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I think so, too. I was really hoping he'd be cool here and become a bonafide part of the rogues gallery.
    It would've been funny if he stuck around but he's pretty redundant. We've got plenty (too many imo) "Evil Superman" villains, and Neutron has already got the radioactive villain spot.

Bendis got his comps for Action #1001 and tweeted this: https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...504617984?s=21

I zoomed in on the picture with the ad and 1) The art is looking fresh. 2) That guy claiming that Superman was starting the fires didn’t do diddly except make him look suspicious. 3) The fires are a distraction.

BANNED

Another Bendis interview

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/su...e-man-of-steel

He tells an uplifiting story about how Greg Ruka talked to him about Superman while he was in the hospital, and that Action Comics 1004 (the Ryan Sook illustrated Lois and Clark issue) is the best script he's written for DC to date. There is a big mystery about Lois that he's very excited about.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Whoa Guardian's out here guest staring too? Dope!

I'm probably alone in thinking it, but f#%k it mask off, I really hope it's Jake Jordan, the Manhattan Guardian. Doubt it, but I really loved that version (it was superhero Die Hard, guys. Come on!). Not to say I'm not looking forward to it being Jim too. But I more so respect him as an idea and love his Kirby connections to Cadmus rather than feel particularly engaged with his character or whole deal.

Also a big ol' YES PLEASE to "an upcoming look at the various secret organizations within the DCU." That's waaaaay up my ally, and really makes me super interesting in Action Comics. Plus, I'm all about that Lois mystery, and issue 1004. We'll soon be getting what propels her through at least the first year of Bendis work soon similar to how we got the seed for Clark in Superman issue 1.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I love and prefer Jim, but I can't imagine him without what most new writers might consider baggage in all that Kirby stuff, especially so early. Jim also died pre flashpoint, where there were already a few replacements. There are like three of four new Guardians. I don't like the thought of hollowing out Kirby creations to use for new characaters, but it is what it is.

Question though, I don't go one way or the other for Vic so Renee is alright with me just the same.

Also, I really like that very small preview bit for next week. I think Bendis excels at those clever bits of observational dialogue, and it's exciting to think that this book will have unique strengths to the Superman title.

For me the only Guardian is Jim Harper. Love his story. I always thought he was a kindred spirit to Superman, cut from the same cloth on the human side of things at least. Just a good, honest cop back in his day. And that's really what Superman is to Metropolis.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm with Superlad on this; Jim is cool as a concept, but its really the trappings around him like Cadmus that makes him interesting.

The Manhattan Guardian seemed more interesting as a character.

However, to the Morrison creation's credit, by the time Seven Soldiers hit we had barely seen Jim in years. Many of the limitations in his character are probably due to the time he was published (as a supporting character, keep in mind) than any intrinsic flaw in his makeup. A modern take on the character with a modern writer would likely result in a more nuanced and layered Jim Harper.

That said, there's no way we're getting the Manhattan Guardian. He (along with the other Soldiers) are showing up in Sideways soon, so I can't totally rule out the idea of him ending up in Superman. But it's almost guaranteed that it'll be Jim.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

At the very least, with Jim likely coming back and the "upcoming look at the various secret organizations within the DCU" bit of the interview, I feel pretty confident in thinking Cadmus is coming back.

I wonder if that's part of Bendis' plans for Jimmy? I tell ya, I'm a cheap-ass date when the words Jimmy, Cadmus, and Kriby are anywhere near each other. I wonder if the rumors of a Jimmy Olsen book coming soon are true? During the Word Balloon interview Bendis did say that Jimmy "has his own stuff going on" outside of the Superman books. Could be part the new imprint he and his wife are curating? He keeps saying some of the stuff in that line is spinning out of Superman and Action.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Another Bendis interview

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/su...e-man-of-steel

He tells an uplifiting story about how Greg Ruka talked to him about Superman while he was in the hospital, and that Action Comics 1004 (the Ryan Sook illustrated Lois and Clark issue) is the best script he's written for DC to date. There is a big mystery about Lois that he's very excited about.
    Definitely happy about the secret societies getting some focus. I wouldn't mind Bendis actually giving organizations like ARGUS a direction and some actual use.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    At the very least, with Jim likely coming back and the "upcoming look at the various secret organizations within the DCU" bit of the interview, I feel pretty confident in thinking Cadmus is coming back.

I wonder if that's part of Bendis' plans for Jimmy? I tell ya, I'm a cheap-ass date when the words Jimmy, Cadmus, and Kriby are anywhere near each other. I wonder if the rumors of a Jimmy Olsen book coming soon are true? During the Word Balloon interview Bendis did say that Jimmy "has his own stuff going on" outside of the Superman books. Could be part the new imprint he and his wife are curating? He keeps saying some of the stuff in that line is spinning out of Superman and Action.
    All of this.

Also, I love the "cheap ass date" bit. Yup! That sounds just about right! And for me, the word "Morrison" applies too. I'm not a uber-fan but I will definitely try almost anything he does (whether I stick with it is another matter). Especially if he's playing in the Kirby sandbox. I swear, if it weren't for the fact that Kirby died well after Morrison was born I'd think Grant was The King brought back to earth to help ensure comics remain good!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.