Page 193 of 613 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I swear, if it weren't for the fact that Kirby died well after Morrison was born I'd think Grant was The King brought back to earth to help ensure comics remain good!
    100% agree.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

BANNED

Gossip from San Diego talk of giving Metropolis a criminal outfit that can outwit Superman's surveillance

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...rman-spoilers/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nice! That's the sort of world/reality specific tactical minutia I really enjoy in a world as vast as this one. The idea of people talking in code in Superman's city to commit crimes is beyond inspired. I'm also interested to see if Bendis is going legit Illuminati with this one.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah, I remember being pretty damn envious when Snyder was building up Gotham and its history the way he did back when. Its pretty cool to imagine something similar being told with Metropolis. I'd love to visit the past (narratively, not necessarily literally) and find out about its founding and the like.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Never a Bendis guy. But, his coming on board, and what I've read so far has gotten me reinvigorated about Superman. Loved the Man of Steel mini and the first issue of Superman was great. Not getting Action comics.....yet. If the Superman title continues strong, I'll pick up Action as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, I remember being pretty damn envious when Snyder was building up Gotham and its history the way he did back when. Its pretty cool to imagine something similar being told with Metropolis. I'd love to visit the past (narratively, not necessarily literally) and find out about its founding and the like.
    Amen. I want the "iconic" locations of Metropolis to feature more, besides Lexcorp Tower and the Daily Planet. Give me the Ace O' Clubs for Bibo's sake. Also I wish Metropolis had a more "sci-fi" look to it. Too often it looks like a generic boring city.

Give me more of THIS aesthetic for Metropolis.
    Birthright-Metropolis.jpg
    Illium_1.jpg

Finally got my issue of Superman #1. I am quite pleased with how this run is going.

And Reis, man!

Dem pages!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC Comics OCTOBER 2018 Solicitations: https://www.newsarama.com/41056-dc-c...citations.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DC Comics OCTOBER 2018 Solicitations: https://www.newsarama.com/41056-dc-c...citations.html
    (Reads AC solicitation)

Yeah, this is gonna go down well....this is b.s, but I've been calling this for weeks and nobody wanted to listen.

Also totally called that Lois came back without notifying Clark after reading the preview for 1001.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    (Reads AC solicitation)

Yeah, this is gonna go down well....this is b.s, but I've been calling this for weeks and nobody wanted to listen.

Also totally called that Lois came back without notifying Clark after reading the preview for 1001.
    I don't know what you're talking about, I'm still at the Deathstroke/Yogi Bear solicits.

If Lois and Clark become separated, as in divorced or on a break from each other... I think I'm done with Superman and Action Comics until otherwise. It was different with Nu52 since it was NEW Superman. Suddenly I understand what some Spider-Man fans went through. Hopefully it's just a red herring.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

"Re-defining" is a pretty bold statement. Especially considering I don't believe for one second they'll break up. So what else about the dynamic could change outside of the biggest change since they got married in 1996 already happening a couple years ago with them becoming parents? Could always just be your usual solicit hyperbole but I'm hopeful it is indeed something interesting and significant.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    If Lois and Clark become separated, as in divorced or on a break from each other... I think I'm done with Superman and Action Comics until otherwise. It was different with Nu52 since it was NEW Superman. Suddenly I understand what some Spider-Man fans went through. Hopefully it's just a red herring.
    Bendis has said this issue ends with a "positive statement" about the relationship.

This probably also explains why Marvel put Peter and MJ back together recently...so they could attract readers with their own iconic couple knowing DC's own was on the outs.

Boy, that's a pretty cover!

Not really all that pressed about what the solicitation says. It's LITERALLY a bunch of questions. Doesn't actually saying they're broken up or whatever. It's actually just a mystery.

But best of all, it seems like Lois will be doing some behind the scenes stuff, and she'll have a pretty substantial voice because she's the only one that can answer all those questions. It sounds like Lois might've stumbled onto something big out there in space, and she's gonna need a lot of trust from Clark without letting him know a whole lot.

This actually reminds me of Luke and Jessica. Like, basically the same same set up, but waaaaaay bigger. And it turned not being what it seemed, but boy was it a ride to get through.

ACTION COMICS #1004
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by RYAN SOOK
    enhanced foil cover by STEVE RUDE
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Superman confronts Lois Lane and wants answers: Where is Jon Kent? What happened during Lois’ trip into space with Jor-El? Why didn’t she contact the Man of Steel when she returned? And most importantly, does she still love him? Or is the world-famous reporter looking to let Clark Kent down easy? Lois and Clark’s relationship gets redefined in this issue illustrated by acclaimed artist Ryan Sook!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm skeptical anyone that has made up their mind on the whole thing is willing to listen, but there's a 2017 Syfy interview with Bendis that I think some people might find interesting right now.

Head to 1:00 of the video, please. It ends at 1:54-ish

If you didn't watch the video, basically he says that he knows the medium is about drama in all its forms, but he tends to write from what he know and what he wants to know/see, so when he set up Luke and Jessica he came at that from a place of loving the relationship he has with his own wife. He says that "there's genuine happy-joy drama in a successful marriage" .

He then says "I would like to write a story about Luke Cage and Jessica Jones really loving each other, and literally the world is just a big, hot garbage pile for them all the time, but they are good-to-go--they are a partnership."

And if you read last year's Jessica Jones, well, then you know the book starts off with that partnership in question. To make matter even more similar, the father (Luke) is wondering where the hell his kid is, and why his wife (Jessica) isn't telling him anything. It all turns out that it's external forces that put Jessica in a crappy spot while trying to do the right thing, and Luke understands when she's allowed to say what was going on behind the scenes.

I'd feel irresponsible for not bringing this up given it's so similar to the situation we now have just played on a cosmic scale. So, yeah, there's that.