Page 2 of 613 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wow...so the Bendis takeover really is happening.

-6 issue Man of Steel weekly
    -Action Comics continues with issue 1001. Will cover Clark's
    -Superman relaunching with a new #1, going monthly
    -All of this written by Bendis alone
    -Clark's adoptive parents are on one of the covers with Jon, are they back?
    I'm really curious about whether Action will continue being twice a month. Because I know Bendis can theoretically handle that based on past production, but given his health issues, I'm hoping they're pacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post

I love this kiss between Clark and Lois.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I happen to like Bendis so looking forward to this but i'm sad to see Tomasi and Gleason leave. Hope we carry on with the heavy family feel of Superman

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I can't lie, I'm kinda worried about no mention of Jon in this interview or the covers. Hopefully Jon is on the covers of the 5th or 6th issue of man of steel.
    There is no way they are removing Jon from Clark's life. Also the status quo change might be either of the Kents coming back.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

You know, I will give Bendis a fair shot.

A personal hope of mine is that he serves up some good new villain Lex stories. I'd like to see Lex get some really memorable stories again of villainy.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

This is reminding me of Supes post crisis days. I'm all for that!

Both super titles are going monthly? No complaints, as long as both those books aren't released on the same day.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I just won't be sure about Jon until I see him, for all the logic that supports him staying.

it's funny we've been discussing fundamentals, because I feel at ease simply from seeing those covers. That's as much as I really want.

it's annoying me that he suggests he'll be making Metropolis "as good as Gotham " but maybe I'm taking that the wrong way.

BANNED

Jon isn't going anywhere imo. But I dont think there will be much focus on him.

I don't hate Bendis like a lot of people do, but it is a little scary that Bendis is taking over everything. On the other hand, a singular vision for Superman could also be a good thing.

I get the feeling he'll keep Jon around, but use him sparingly. Jon will probably continue to get the limelight in Supersons.

And WOW at the artists they have lined up! AMAZING!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

"The fallout of Man of Steel #6 is enormous," Bendis insists. "It's some of the biggest status quo changes to Superman literally since Crisis. So we'll be launching Superman with a brand new #1, and that's going to be very Superman-focused and big DC action stories. Action Comics will be launching with #1001, I'm very happy to say, and that will be focused more on Clark and Metropolis and the Daily Planet, and how the world of Superman effects the world of DC."

Sounds like this MOS series is going to be his post-Rebirth origin. Or at least connected to it somehow. Wish the covers were clearer. That ship looks a bit different than anything we've seen before. But I'm just going off the rough pencils. Much as they say it's not a reboot, it's starting to sound like a soft one anyway. Obviously this isn't going to be New 52 level where everything that came before gets thrown out. In terms of Bendis' writing, keep in mind, this guy doesn't have the influence of Geoff Johns. He's not in any kind of position of authority. If he's screws up they can fire him and yeah, I'm worried about one person having that much influence over the character as well. I said that about Johns. Most of whose Superman work I don't like anyway.
    Assassinate Putin!

I hate it when people start talking about shifting the status quo around.

There's nothing wrong with the current status quo, DC! Don't screw up what isn't broken!

I mean, I could totally go for more pre-Crisis elements of course, but somehow I doubt that's in the cards.

I was hoping Bendis wouldn't get both books, but of course with the way he takes over a franchise that was probably never anything but an empty hope.

We'll see. He gets a fair shot. If he brings his A game he'll do well. If he doesn't, it wont be the first time I dropped all things Superman from my pull.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    There is no way they are removing Jon from Clark's life. Also the status quo change might be either of the Kents coming back.
    Doubtful they will bring the Kent's back till doomsday clock is over, unless they changed plans.

That said, it's important to understand this will not be a "reboot" of the character or his world, something that might disturb some fans and purists. "For those who are worried, they should not be," assures Bendis. "The last runs on Superman by Dan Jurgens and Peter Tomasi and Pat Gleason have been phenomenal runs, and my run will be following their runs. We're not throwing anything out, we're not abandoning anything, we're following what's been going on and taking it to surprising new areas.

Nothing about the status quo is going to change, at least nothing I feared.

BANNED

A new origin means I'll tune out.

The Daily Planet staffs would benefit a lot from Bendis' writing, I am almost sure of it. Superman? Not sure at all. Anyway, I am going to give him a chance.