Page 201 of 613 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 9194
    BANNED

It could just be another flashback with Jon for mopey Clark

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Haven't really seen him write Jon for an extended period of time, so I'm reserving judgment, but I did enjoy what little we got of his voice in MOS 1 and 6. He's apparently based off of at least one of Bendis' kids similar to how Gleason and Tomasi based him of theirs.

Might end up being some sort of mini based in the present day. Or it's an ongoing and Bendis will co write with Gleason making a Robin: Son of Batman situation. Superboy: Son of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It could just be another flashback with Jon for mopey Clark
    I find that unlikely. Gleason's only on two issues of Action and I imagine he's done with the second by now given how long ago we saw colored images of the first. I'm betting it's a new book.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-01-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Gleason on art for Superboy book? thumbs up, especially considering his art in Action 1001. Bendis writing it? Pass. He's got Action and Superman, I'd like someone else to do Superboy.
    Yeah, I really would like another writer or two besides Bendis in the Superman corner of the DCU for the sake of a little variety. He's already spread pretty thin as it is between Action, Superman and his own DC imprint. Let someone else write Superboy and have them consult Bendis if they must to keep things consistent.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-01-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

My worry once he gets back is that it'll be Rebirth all over again and he'll dominate one of the titles, so I definitely support him getting his own title eventually so that doesn't happen.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

To be honest, even if he were to be heavily involved in one of the two titles I'd totally down for Bendis version of it. I liked early Rebirth stuff a lot. I'd also be down for Jon getting his own book because he's pretty firmly rehabilitated the Superboy name from the dead. Either way, there are a bunch of moving parts in the Superman world, and there's a cohesive plan behind it, so I'm pretty hyped regardless.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I have no problem with Bendis's Jon thus far, so won't mind him in the books more than likely, I just don't want him going full Tomasi at the same time. But then again we haven't seen a situation in practice of Bendis writing the full family together for an extended period yet, so I would have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't go overboard like the Rebirth Superman title did, whether Jon had his own title or not. For all I know maybe Bendis would strike a much better balance regardless.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I'm honestly betting that Bendis will co write the (likely) Superboy book with Gleason indefinitely, or he'll just shepherd it for a time. Given how DC transparently made the choice to put Tomasi and Gleason on Superman to emulate their Batman and Robin run, I feel like one wouldn't be too off thinking that they'd try the Robin: Son of Batman treatment because their last similar plan worked out like gangbusters.

That said, I'm also super sure Bendis will be using Jon in both Action and Superman because the former is also designated as a book for Clark's family, and the latter will be where Jon ( and likely another version of him) will appear and drive a chuck of the story for at least a year.

I wouldn’t mind Gleason writing a Superboy book on his own. He apparently did the final Superman Renirth arc on his own, and I loved that.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

That Gleason wip could just be a variant for all we know, if not that, it's a flashback. I'm pretty confident Jon won't go back to that costume, even if he returns to being 10 years old after the Bendis storyline is over.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That Gleason wip could just be a variant for all we know, if not that, it's a flashback. I'm pretty confident Jon won't go back to that costume
    That's a good point bringing up the likelihood of a new costume. Nothing has really pointed to it yet, so I'll hold off on jumping the gun, but I could see Jor-El insisting on one, and Jon thinking it's really cool having an authentic kryptonian suit. But I think I'm probably done assuming Jon will be aged up when he comes back. There's far more foreshadowing for an future version coming to the past, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's a good point bringing up the likelihood of a new costume. Nothing has really pointed to it yet, so I'll hold off on jumping the gun, but I could see Jor-El insisting on one, and Jon thinking it's really cool having an authentic kryptonian suit. But I think I'm probably done assuming Jon will be aged up when he comes back. There's far more foreshadowing for an future version coming to the past, I feel.
    Well, with how omnious it was that Jon talked about needing a new costume in the beginning of the MOS mini, I just feel like it'll happen. And yeah, Jor-El will likely give him new dreads as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Well, with how omnious it was that Jon talked about needing a new costume in the beginning of the MOS mini, I just feel like it'll happen. And yeah, Jor-El will likely give him new dreads as well.
    Another very good point. I don't know why I overlooked that. Yeah, totally. But I strongly doubt that it's a flashback in Action Comics or Superman. Gleason is very likely far more along if not done with issue two by now, and solicits seem to indicate that's his last issue before the secret project with Bendis. If it's a flashback, then I think it's in whatever the secret project is.

BANNED

Bendis

and what are @patrick_gleason and I doing AFTER action comics? well I am staying on action, but @patrick_gleason and I have a major thing going on. major!
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...on-comics.html

Newsarama speculates he means a "major" character co-created by Tomasi

https://www.newsarama.com/41253-bend...on-comics.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...on-comics.html

Newsarama speculates he means a "major" character co-created by Tomasi

https://www.newsarama.com/41253-bend...on-comics.html
    It's interesting a vertigo editor Andy Khouri is the one editing the secret project.