Page 203 of 613 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In case anyone was wondering, yeah, the imprint is still very much happening.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...40169123303424
    That makes me think it's the jimmy olsen book if that's still happening.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

If I had to guess, I'd say Clark is likely at the Daily Planet while having this flashback. Either he's coming back from being Superman, about to go out to be Superman, or Bendis sort of fakes out the audience with Clark going in there looking like he's about to change, but really it's just so he can have a moment to himself.

But anyways, makes sense that there'd be a Lois flashback here, in this issue, given that he hasn't actually been shown contemplating the situation in this book, but rather being uncomfortably confronted by Trish about it. Action Comics 1001 was a lot more story driven than either Superman 1 or 2. Pretty interesting that Action, the more grounded and Clark Kent focused comic, is more plot driven while Superman, the bigger scaled comic, is a great deal more intimate and character driven.

Anyways, as a reminder, issue 1004 of Action is Bendis big Lois and Clark issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Anyways, as a reminder, issue 1004 of Action is Bendis big Lois and Clark issue.
    It's also the 16th page of the issue...kind of a bit late in the book for Bendis to make a "positive" statement about their relationship when the issue is promising a confrontation between the two, Lois answering the question of whether she loves him or not, and how their relationship will be defined from here on out. Here, Clark's still reminiscing and possibly locking himself in storage cupboards to angst over the situation.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

At this point I really think Jon and Lois out has been a really helpful storytelling point. He's more Superman than Jon's dad.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's also the 16th page of the issue...kind of a bit late in the book for Bendis to make a "positive" statement about their relationship when the issue is promising a confrontation between the two, Lois answering the question of whether she loves him or not, and how their relationship will be defined from here on out. Here, Clark's still reminiscing and possibly locking himself in storage cupboards to angst over the situation.
    "Angst" is becoming such a ridiculous word on the internet. It can go in the landfill along with "emo" as far as I'm concerned given how it's often used.

Anyways, yeah it's page 16, but then again context matters. I'd like to read it before I flip out one way or the other.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-10-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    At this point I really think Jon and Lois out has been a really helpful storytelling point. He's more Superman than Jon's dad.
    Its been a huge plus for me. Jon at least. I would have been fine had they come up with some reason why Jon had to go alone and Lois stayed, but there's obviously a bigger reason for that. But I'm rather dreading Jon coming back just because I don't want things going back to how they were. But as I've said I'll give Bendis the benefit of the doubt that he'll handle it differently than Rebirth did. I desperately hope so, at least.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-10-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its been a huge plus for me. I'm rather dreading Jon coming back just because I don't want things going back to how they were.
    What, fun and wholesome? There was nothing wrong with the way things were. I see you still have it in for Jon, well he's a fixture of Lois and Clark's world and story whether you like it or not.

Boring and overplayed. There was nothing wrong for you. There was plenty for me. You know that well enough by now just as well as I know your feelings on the era.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-10-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Sorry, it's just you always seem more occupied with this protective bubble you live in, refusing to let the slightest idea people love Jon and the Rebirth status quo penetrate it. You act like it was a big failure because it didn't please you. I know you've been more open in the past but give the era it's fair shake, it's proven itself and has a loyal audience. Bendis has big plans for Jon and knows how to inject some drama into the characters, you might get the Rebirth dynamic again, but it'll be handled differently, and there's nothing wrong with the idea if it does. Bendis is'nt always a doom-and-gloom writer.

Talking about what I as an individual like and don't like does not equate to not understanding there's a fanbase there. Everyone comments, in a general sense, on reflections of past eras. Those reflections are positive or negative depending on the individual's outlook. As I don't like it, my reflections tend to be negative. For other eras, my reflection tends to positive. Its really not anyone's responsibility to not make those reflections just because they're not in line with someone else's feelings. There's sniping and trolling, sure, but I don't do that. At least I try really hard not to and didn't do so here. It was a genuine response to something someone else brought up that just happened to involve my real feelings on a character.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-10-2018 at 01:09 PM.

BANNED

Talking about what I as an individual like and don't like does not equate to not understanding there's a fanbase there. You seem to want everyone who didn't like Rebirth to walk on eggshells around you but that's just not how it works. Everyone comments, in a general sense, on reflections of past eras. Those reflections are positive or negative depending on the individual's outlook. As I don't like it, my reflections tend to be negative. For other eras, my reflection tends to positive. You just have to learn to deal with it
    I deal with it every day. I'm just tired of it. Only so many times one can read it. We get it, you hate Jon, hoping you don't get what we got with him prior to Bendis is just telling fans like me not to expect more of what we enjoy and keeping the current paradigm all to yourself. I'm simply telling you Bendis will eventually work the dynamic back in. Hopefully we'll both get something out of it.

Again, sorry for snapping at you. I know you weren't trolling...all things considered I haven't been in the best of moods today, as I had a heart scare this morning and couldn't sleep all day.

Actually...just forget I said anything.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-10-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Being tired of it doesn't mean its the responsibility of me or anyone else to filter what they say though, within reason. Again this is not sniping or trolling. It was a general comment come up in the natural course of conversation. I know you get that I dislike Jon. But with all due respect that doesn't mean I have to be careful to never, ever mention that anywhere ever again just because you're personally tired of it. I'm not telling anyone what they should want nor what to expect. I'm posting what I hope to see, which is perfectly within reason. I know the concept in general will be back soon, I've known it as long as everyone else here, my wish is that he utilizes it a bit differently.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-10-2018 at 01:15 PM.

BANNED

That's fine with me. Again, I'm sorry I had a go at you. Not been a cheery day for me.

S'alright, I'm not upset, you know I respect ya as a fellow fan. I hope your day gets better. The worst I can say about mine thus far is that my tendonitis is flaring up like an SOB today.

BANNED

S'alright, I'm not upset, you know I respect ya as a fellow fan. I hope your day gets better.
    Thanks man, you've got the patience of jobe with me sometimes

I really need a twitter handle or something I can go to whenever I feel like venting.