Page 206 of 613 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 9194
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Post-Reborn he wasn't one of the Supermen that appeared 15 years ago. It was Steel, Eradicator, and Cyborg Superman. There's a picture from the artist who drew the issue that had Conner in the original image, and he was asked to take it out. This plus hypertime future Conner telling Superman that he doesn't know him yet gives more credibility to the idea that he's being created now and likely at whatever age Tim is (mid to late late teens I think).
    But DoS is Conner's origin. It wouldn't make sense change it, especially after the DoS/Reign animated movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    But DoS is Conner's origin. It wouldn't make sense change it, especially after the DoS/Reign animated movies.
    They've changed Clark and Kara's origins, wouldn't surprise me if they changed Kon's. The Young Justice origin is an easy enough fix for Kon if they wanted to use it, he's a clone grown by Lex/Cadmus with the aim of replacing Superman.

He will probably be given his history back when he returns though, although that would be a case of us waiting to see what's canon and what's not.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Sure, but I mean, they can't do that in the comics as they stand. If you do then Conner is physically almost 27 while Tim, Bart, and Cassie are in their mid teens. The dynamic is shot. His origin has to be something else if you want him to be part of his generation's age group. Death of Superman happening when it does and everyone being as old and as young as they are now makes it all but impossible to have that as Conner's origin. A retcon to that would the most confusing thing ever because that would be a retcon of strictly minutia.

I do wonder what his new origin will be? If they're sticking with the Luthor stuff, then are they synergizing with Luthor's new entropy worshiping ways in Justice League? Or do they go full on Cadmus since Bendis is possibly bout that Kriby life? Or maybe something else? Or maybe he is time displaced and may just stay like that? It's all pretty up-in-the-air right now.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-16-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mah, it would be better if they move DoS/RotS in the timeline and make it happened more recently.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If Connor is coming back, that makes it even less likely jon will stay aged up.

Mah, it would be better if they move DoS/RotS in the timeline and make it happened more recently.
    Ah, but that would mean making a major retcon to the source that either makes it so Lois and Clark are already married and have a child or that they had a child before they were married. Neither is anywhere close to likely anymore because the easier option now is to change Conner's origin. In comics it's almost always simpler to just add something on rather than change something already set.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If Connor is coming back, that makes it even less likely jon will stay aged up.
    Doubt that's anything more than a future/hypertime version of Jon anyway.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ah, but that would mean making a major retcon to the source that either makes it so Lois and Clark are already married and have a child or that they had a child before they were married. Neither is anywhere close to likely anymore because the easier option now is to change Conner's origin. In comics it's almost always simpler to just add something on rather than change something already set.
    It's really sad the Conner's real published history has to be wiped out for a child who is supposed to have been born around the Electro-Supes era but he wasn't really.

It's really sad the Conner's real published history has to be wiped out for a child who is supposed to have been born around the Electro-Supes era but he wasn't really.
    But, I mean, it's not just Jon, or even primarily Jon. It's also because Tim, Cassie, and Bart are all in their mid teens now, and because Dick and Roy are in their mid 20s. Group A would have to be in their mid to late 20s, and group B would have to be 30 something for Conner to work with the Death of Superman origin in this continuity. I mean, both DC and the fans wanted 10 more years of already established continuity, and we got it. Not really Jon's fault. Conner's was just created during a really inconvenient time. But it's not like his character is predicated on the idea that he was created during DOS. Like in Young Justice the show, it can be anytime really.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-16-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

DC does seem like bringing back elements of the past lately, so I am sure some of his history will be back in some ways.

But, I mean, it's not just Jon, or even primarily Jon. It's also because Tim, Cassie, and Bart are all in their mid teens now, and because Dick and Roy are in their mid 20s. Group A would have to be in their mid to late 20s, and group B would have to be 30 something for Conner to work with the Death of Superman origin in this continuity. I mean, both DC and the fans wanted 10 more years of already established continuity, and we got it. Not really Jon's fault. Conner's was just created during a really inconvenient time. But it's not like his character is predicated on the idea that he was created during DOS. Like in Young Justice the show, it can be anytime really.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    DC does seem like bringing back elements of the past lately, so I am sure some of his history will be back in some ways.
    I dunno, it seems they're creating a mess with these characters history.

I dunno, it seems they're creating a mess with these characters history.
    I personally disagree. The New 52's 5 year timeline was a mess. Superman with the Birthright origin slapped on was a mess. But this is fairly cohesive, in a broad strokes way, as far as comic book timelines go. Like, I'm able to know for a fact that Superman has been Superman for about 15 years, and fully believe that he went through most of post-crisis, some of pre-crisis, died, got married, and had a kid all in those 15 or so years without having to do much time fudging. Same for Batman.

But when it comes to the young heroes, DC's been pretty open about changing their timelines so that they've only started within the last 5 years, and thus are still young. Just look at Supergirl. She's now only been on Earth for about a year. And with Young heroes, I'm inherently more cool with the idea of fudging their timelines so they can function in modern day as young heroes because that's their point.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-16-2018 at 04:39 PM.

I personally disagree. The New 52's 5 year timeline was a mess. Superman with the Birthright origin slapped on was a mess. But this is fairly cohesive, in a broad strokes way, as far as comic book timelines go. Like, I'm able to know for a fact that Superman has been Superman for about 15 years, and fully believe that he went through most of post-crisis, some of pre-crisis, died, got married, and had a kid all in those 15 or so years without having to do much time fudging. Same for Batman.

But when it comes to the young heroes, DC's been pretty open about changing their timelines so that they've only started within the last 5 years, and thus are still young. Just look at Supergirl. She's now only been on Earth for about a year. And with Young heroes, I'm inherently more cool with the idea of fudging their timelines so they can function in modern day as young heroes because that's their point.
    Agree to disagree. Post-Reborn Superman is the same kind of frankensteined continuity mess of post-IC Superman, maybe even worse.

Agree to disagree. Post-Reborn Superman is the same kind of frankensteined continuity mess of post-IC Superman, maybe even worse.
    Meh continuity is always a mess. Batman and GL are a huge mess also. Batman has both Zero Year and Year One in canon, and five Robins in five years. GL has stuff like Blackest Night still canon which flat out could not have happened. Marvel has the same problem with stuff like OMD totally screwing over past stories for Spidey, and stuff like Cap Hydra being the "actual" Cap while the current Cap is just a Kobik creation.

When characters have neverending stories for 80 years, continuity is just something that has to become fluid. Something is canon until it isn't and then someone makes it canon again.

BANNED

Good ol' Perry actually fact-checking Supes locations

"It's a bird...you jackass"