Page 211 of 613 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Apparently the cover for Action #1005.

Is that a Gold Kryptonite dagger?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...64570215858176

Question: "when are we gonna see your next project announcement with pat Gleason? #legion"

Bendis: "VERY soon! now that you have seen our partnership on Action comics 1001-2 you can see how everyone involved thought something special was happening. our next book is... unexpected & something @patrick_gleason was born to do & action gets @YanickPaquette #ryansook & more..."

First off, apparently Action Comics is going to have even more artist! So, the speculation on who that it is should be interesting. Bendis has been showcasing Steve Epting on his twitter, so maybe him?? Maybe his Scarlet or Cover collaborators similar to how King always has Gerads on standby for a special issue of Batman?

Also Bendis has seemingly confirmed that 1001 and 1002 were Gleason's only issues, sooooooooo where does this image (that he tagged as a "work in progress" and Bendis made a point to retweeted) come from? Can we assume it's the new book? Could it be something as requested as "Superboy and The Legion of Superheroes?"

Last edited by Superlad93; 08-30-2018 at 07:10 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...64570215858176

Question: "when are we gonna see your next project announcement with pat Gleason? #legion"

Bendis: "VERY soon! now that you have seen our partnership on Action comics 1001-2 you can see how everyone involved thought something special was happening. our next book is... unexpected & something @patrick_gleason was born to do & action gets @YanickPaquette #ryansook & more..."

First off, apparently Action Comics is going to have even more artist! So, the speculation on who that it is should be interesting. Bendis has been showcasing Steve Epting on his twitter, so maybe him?? Maybe his Scarlet or Cover collaborators similar to how King always has Gerads on standby for a special issue of Batman?

Also Bendis has seemingly confirmed that 1001 and 1002 were Gleason's only issues, sooooooooo where does this image (that he tagged as a "work in progress" and Bendis made a point to retweeted) come from? Can we assume it's the new book? Could it be something as requested as "Superboy and The Legion of Superheroes?"
    Could just be commission art or a variant cover. I think Bendis already confirmed the book with Gleason is for his new imprint anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think Bendis already confirmed the book with Gleason is for his new imprint anyways.
    Got a source or link? Because I don't think I remember that being confirmed. Just speculated.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Apparently the cover for Action #1005.

Looks great.

Like the potential multiple meanings. Superman being stabbed in the heart, perhaps feels betrayed by Lois? Or betrayed by Red Cloud if she ends up being someone Clark cares about? And with the overlay of the map, its a marker, perhaps pointing to the next fire.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-30-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The map reminds me of the one Melody was looking at when she was looking for patters in issue 5 of MOS. If the dagger is repetitiveness of betrayal, and this is the issue we find out who Red Cloud is, then it seems like Melody remains a prime suspect.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the dagger lines up with the firehouse on the map.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-30-2018 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Like the potential multiple meanings. Superman being stabbed in the heart, perhaps feels betrayed by Lois?
    Which is at odds with what Bendis has said about the previous issue, AC#1004, being a "positive" commentary on the state of his relationship with Lois and his future plans for the couple...unless he was lying the whole time.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-31-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Has Bendis ever lied in the interviews during his time at Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Has Bendis ever lied in the interviews during his time at Marvel?
    Sometimes he has according to long-time followers of his work, but towards the end he was pretty honest, he even spoiled that the Ultimate Universe would be returning in the conclusion of Spider-Men II.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Sometimes he has according to long-time followers of his work, but towards the end he was pretty honest, he even spoiled that the Ultimate Universe would be returning in the conclusion of Spider-Men II.
    So he can be as honest as during his last work or he can be back to lie, especially now that he works closely with DiDio and King. *cough* Batman's wedding marketing *cough*

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Got a source or link? Because I don't think I remember that being confirmed. Just speculated.
    He tweeted the book is being edited by Andy Khouri, who is one of the editors for the new imprint. I'll try get a tweet link later, someone posted it in this thread I think though.

BANNED

So he can be as honest as during his last work or he can be back to lie, especially now that he works closely with DiDio and King. *cough* Batman's wedding marketing *cough*
    Or it could be just like Ben Percy, who assured us Ollie and Dinah were just on a break near the end of his Green Arrow run and they eventually got back together.

We know Lois and Clark eventually work through the problems, so I see no reason for him to lie here.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Or it could be just like Ben Percy, who assured us Ollie and Dinah were just on a break near the end of his Green Arrow run and they eventually got back together.

We know Lois and Clark eventually work through the problems, so I see no reason for him to lie here.
    Oh, I was kidding. I don't really think there's some kind of Batman #50 type of BS in the works here.

BANNED

Oh, I was kidding. I don't really think there's some kind of Batman #50 type of BS in the works here.
    Let's hope so, because Batman#50 turned me off the character long-term, though I'm thinking of collecting Bendis' 100 page Giant arc