Page 212 of 613 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 9194
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Let's hope so, because Batman#50 turned me off the character long-term, though I'm thinking of collecting Bendis' 100 page Giant arc
    I expected that the marriage (if there had been one) would be at the end of King run (issue 100) so I can't really say I'm disappointed... yet. But the marketing for BM #50 was a really dumb move.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-31-2018 at 08:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I expected that the marriage (if there had been one) would be at the end of King run (issue 100) so I can't really say I'm disappointed... yet. But the marketing for BM #50 was a really dumb move.
    Didn't they say something about the finale being Bats and Kite Man having a conversation? I think it's possible King will have an extra issue for that.

I hope Bruce and Selina get together, and that the story in the Bat annual last year wasn't just an elseworld.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Didn't they say something about the finale being Bats and Kite Man having a conversation? I think it's possible King will have an extra issue for that.

I hope Bruce and Selina get together, and that the story in the Bat annual last year wasn't just an elseworld.
    King has 3 extra issues actually. His run will be 103 issues, the last 3 will be a sort of epilogue I think.

BANNED

King has 3 extra issues actually. His run will be 103 issues, the last 3 will be a sort of epilogue I think.
    Oh right, just realised I knew this and just forgot about it, rofl

Has Bendis ever lied in the interviews during his time at Marvel?
    “Lying” as in deliberately saying stuff he knew to be untrue? Probably a couple of times, but I can’t name any off the top of my head. “Lying” as in promising stuff would happen that never ended up happening? Look no further than his pre-Iron Man run interviews where he promised a ton of stuff that did not happen in his Iron Man run. He promised to focus on Tony, rehabilitate old foes, and introduce cool new ones. Instead he sidelined Tony for Riri, did one arc with Madam Masque, and created some shitty generic ninjas who were utterly boring.

BANNED

Bendis had two to three Iron Man titles, Invincible Iron Man, International Iron Man, and Infamous Iron Man. Technically, he had four if you're counting Civil War iI, which Tony was front and centre for. Infamous Iron Man was probably his most interesting and most well received, and that had more to do with Doctor Doom's role in the book.

That said, his books weren't above editorial intervention. After teasing The Maker (the Ultimate Universe Reed Richards) as an antagonist in Infamous Iron Man, Bendis was forced to change that to Mephisto posing as The Maker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Like the potential multiple meanings. Superman being stabbed in the heart, perhaps feels betrayed by Lois? Or betrayed by Red Cloud if she ends up being someone Clark cares about? And with the overlay of the map, its a marker, perhaps pointing to the next fire.
    It's interesting that you go right to Clark feeling "betrayed" by Lois here.

When this entire arc with Bendis started, as I recall, Lois fans expressed from the start that we were uncomfortable with a male writer coming in and, similar to Superman Truth, using Lois YET AGAIN to set up "poor Clark" controversy. We expressed, as I recall, that we were uncomfortable with Bendis crafting a mystery around the idea of Lois, the wife, as "the betrayer" as that had uncomfortable gender connotations and positioned the fandom to be in the position to view Superman as a hurt, "betrayed" figure and Lois, as the wife, as the one who had "wronged him."

As I recall, Lois fans were told to "chill out." "That will never happen" "Get over it."

And yet...here we are. Some months later. And we have a cover released one issue after the supposed Lois and Clark reunion with an illusion to Clark being stabbed in the heart by his wife. No matter what is in Action 2004---the damage is done because the suspicion has been cast over the woman. Which is exactly...what...we....predicted.

Personally, as opposed to jumping to what Lois might have done wrong, I'm more interested in questioning why this kind of outdated, sexist positioning of the woman as the wronged part so people can, once again, go "poor Clark" is considered remotely ok. Because it's not.

BANNED

Question

Pretty cover. Pretty art. I've avoided commenting on what Bendis is doing over the last few weeks because, to be honest, I'm exhausted feeling like I'm screaming into the void.

I continue to think his treatment of Lois---shelving her for several months now and now positioning her as a potential villain (positioning every woman in the book as a potential villain by the way) is pretty gross.

This cover is certainly very pretty but the possible "double meaning" of Clark being "stabbed in the heart" by his betraying wife is also pretty awful. And, as Lois fans predicted, if and when this inevitably happens, fandom will be the first to jump up and blame Lois, a fictional character, rather than question if it's remotely appropriate for a male writer like Bendis, working with an all male team, to use her this way and treat her like this. Fans will rally to "poor Clark how could she do that to him" (I already see it on the other thread) rather than address that Lois fans expressed, months ago, that we were uncomfortable with this and afraid of this. It will be ignored that we expressed openly that we felt this was an uncomfortable gender stereotype and what deserves questioning is not Lois at all but why male writers continue to treat her this way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I got what you meant straight-away, and it could be a possibility, but on the other end, it could be just one of those interruption type things. Clark finds Lois, obviously has tons of questions she needs to answer, but oops, he's alerted to another fire or something and the issue has to wait.

At least, I very much hope its not just Lois asking for some more time and Superman granting it. Screw that noise, he deserves something. In the past maybe that could fly (though I always hated Superman being meek like that), but now, with a kid? No. He deserves answers and not having to wait to know what is going on with his son. So to me the only way to disrupt the explanations for #1004 is if Superman has to leave to do his job first. Saving lives taking precedence. Only that works in my head, I'll be pissed if she just gives the "I need time" schtick and he accepts that.
    "He deserves something." Uh huh. What about Lois? Does she not deserve writing that respects her and treats her and respects the partnership she has with her husband?

Why is your default to go right to how pissed you will be for CLARK and automatically assume Lois is in the wrong as opposed to questioning if it's even remotely appropriate for Bendis to be treating Lois this way for the sake of drama.

This is EXACTLY what women were warning about regarding Bendis several months ago. Exactly. We expressed openly and clearly that setting Lois up as a possible "Betrayer" (just like they did in Superman Truth) was uncomfortable, wrong and unsavory especially coming from yet another male writer. And we were essentially told to shut it. And the reason we knew this would be a problem is distinctly because of reactions like this. Because the majority of the fandom's first reaction is to be pissed at Lois and blame her for the choices of a male writer who is MISTREATING her rather than question if this is an appropriate way to treat her and fair to her.

This is equally as unfair to Lois as it is to Clark. He is not some victim here while she's the mean woman betraying him. If she's positioned that way? It's bad writing and the writer is who you should be mad at.

But I'm not remotely surprised because this is exactly the reaction to all this I and others expected. It's always Lois's fault, she's always to blame, it's always poor Clark. Tale as old as time.

In this case, Lois isn't the one having secrets kept from her. Flip the situations, I'd be saying the same thing about Clark. That before the meat of the conversation got going, as we know that part will be delayed one issue, give her something in the interim. But, that's not the case here. And I'm not pretending Clark has never done it. Once upon a time the status quo was entirely based upon him doing it every second of every day he was around her. Which is why I qualified my thought process as being that its now no longer just the two of them. There's a child involved now. And even then that's not saying I don't believe in the end Lois' reasonings here will have merit. I don't believe she has ill-intentions for one second. The only thing I was saying was that as a father whose child is gone, in a situation like this I just hope its not written that, from Clark's perspective, he feels like he's being blown off in regards to finding out info on his son. That's all. And there's every chance Lois will indeed provide that much. I was just speaking in hypotheticals. Hopefully Bendis doesn't do it in a way that makes Lois look bad. Every chance at this point he won't. He can easily and hopefully will cut the conversation short via outside means that can't be helped. So I'm not going to be mad at him until he does something questionable. Meanwhile this is all just the usual getting ahead of ourselves. So I guess if anything one can be mad at me for speculating it in the first place. I mean, I'm not sorry for bringing it up, speculation is half of what makes up conversation here. But Bendis himself hasn't done anything wrong by Lois yet; the hypothetical even coming up was by me.

It's interesting that you go right to Clark feeling "betrayed" by Lois here.
    Actually I went right to betrayed by Lois OR Red Cloud. In fact at this point I consider it more likely that Red Cloud is someone close to Clark and the reveal will hurt him. Either way I didn't single Lois out in my speculation. And at the end of the day that's all it is right now: fan speculation.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-31-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Bendis had two to three Iron Man titles, Invincible Iron Man, International Iron Man, and Infamous Iron Man. Technically, he had four if you're counting Civil War II, which Tony was front and centre for. Infamous Iron Man was probably his most interesting and most well received, and that had more to do with Doctor Doom's role in the book.

That said, his books weren't above editorial intervention. After teasing The Maker (the Ultimate Universe Reed Richards) as an antagonist in Infamous Iron Man, Bendis was forced to change that to Mephisto posing as The Maker.
    That event was awful though, and Tony was a total moron in it.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Tony was a total moron in it.
    That sentence can describe any Marvel event, tbh.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Turns out to just be art for a upcoming convention https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...76506129879041

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That sentence can describe any Marvel event, tbh.
    Heh touché. CWII really took the cake for being so stupid even the tie ins made fun of it, and called it out for ripping off the Minority Report.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...41187925770240

Question: "Awesome. I’m loving your run on Superman, it’s been fantastic so far. Don’t suppose you spoil anything about Conner Kent huh? Can’t blame a guy for asking"

Bendis: "so many people asking for so many characters from so many corners in the @TheDCUniverse I know its because some of you know our NEW DC IMPRINT is about to be announced. wait! there's an imprint on TOP of #jinxworld? YES! big character & creator announcements coming SO SOON!"

Don't really know how to take this. I mean, during the Comicstorian interview Snyder heavily hinted at Bendis being the one to bring back Conner. But he's also pretty general about the answer that he could've just used the question as a springboard. I dunno, but I thought it was worth bringing up.

I'm pretty hype to see the writing talent Bendis can amass for his imprint. This was the guy who brought Hickman over to Marvel, so be interesting to see who he gets. Really hope that Fraction Jimmy Olsen thing is real and worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Turns out to just be art for a upcoming convention https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...76506129879041
    Ah, appreciate the clarification, my guy.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.