Page 220 of 613 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Clark and Lois pop up in Doomsday Clock still alive and together, so I wouldn’t worry.

That was at the beginning of Doomsday Clock, we have no idea what they'll be like at the end of Geoff's story. Clark losing hope can't exactly happen if either the world trusts him above all other heroes or that Lois is fine. According to Manhattan's vision, Clark loses everything that makes him hopeful. That obviously means something happens to Lois as well as the world.

All I'm suggesting is Bendis is possibly making things darker and more dramatic for Lois and Clark so readers aren't taken completely by surprise when something happens to them in Doomsday Clock.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-27-2018 at 11:55 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    All I'm suggesting is Bendis is possibly making things darker and more dramatic for Lois and Clark
    Can I ask what the word "dark" mean in this context and how Bendis is doing that?

I ask because post Heroes In Crisis everyone is using that word to retroactively describe things post-Rebirth, and also describing Superman as depressing in Heroes In Crisis (lets go ahead and side step the fact that 1. that's not the only book he's in. 2. He has a good time, smiles, and even cracks wise in other books 3. would kind of be odd to see him smile after entering the crime scene of a mass killing).
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

With the exception of the BC's rumor that DC wants to dissolve the Super-marriage in 2020, currently there's nothing to indicate that something "bad" will happen to L&C.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Can I ask what the word "dark" mean in this context and how Bendis is doing that?
    Long-distance relationship with Lois, Bendis has even confirmed Lois will withhold information of the DC Universe from Clark for his own good, Lois meets Lex shortly after seeing Clark and likely won't be telling him about it, Clark told Jimmy prior to being poisoned he wasn't sure who to talk to about certain things and looked sad. There's plenty to show there's a distinct depressing tone, which in keeping with how Didio normally operates.

Bendis tends to write dark, his only real light-hearted material at Marvel was Ultimate Spider-Man and Invincible Iron Man at the tail-end of his tenure there.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    With the exception of the BC's rumor that DC wants to dissolve the Super-marriage in 2020, currently there's nothing to indicate that something "bad" will happen to L&C.
    No, but again, there's a lot of darker things happening to them that have upset the family balance, if the plan is to dissolve the marriage in two years, then you have to prepare readers for it though more subtle hints in tone and storytelling, you can't drop it out of nowhere. Morrison and Waid's plans for the aborted 2000 reboot were going to unfold in similar ways.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-27-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

...how are we still discussing anything bad happening to lois and clark at this point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    ...how are we still discussing anything bad happening to lois and clark at this point?
    I'm speculating about Doomsday Clock, plus read what LSOK said about 2020

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

No, but again, there's a lot of darker things happening to them that have upset the family balance, if the plan is to dissolve the marriage in two years, then you have to prepare readers for it though more subtle hints in tone and storytelling, you can't drop it out of nowhere. Morrison and Waid's plans for the aborted 2000 reboot were going to unfold in similar ways.
    Well, for now it simply seems that Bendis wants to move away from portrait L&C as the perfect couple of American farmer of the Rebirth era.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Long-distance relationship with Lois, Bendis has even confirmed Lois will withhold information of the DC Universe from Clark for his own good, Lois meets Lex shortly after seeing Clark and likely won't be telling him about it, Clark told Jimmy prior to being poisoned he wasn't sure who to talk to about certain things and looked sad. There's plenty to show there's a distinct depressing tone, which in keeping with how Didio normally operates.

Bendis tends to write dark, his only real light-hearted material at Marvel was Ultimate Spider-Man and Invincible Iron Man at the tail-end of his tenure there.
    No disrespect, but I can see "dark" is a pretty flexible term for you personally, but I'm not sure I'd characterize anything in the above as dark. I mean, you don't even know what the information she's keeping is or if it's to save his life or the lives of everyone on the planet.

Identity Crisis this is not.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I think the books are great. I have no issues with L&C's relationship. They are not together physically sure but that's not the same as saying they are separated because there's internal problems in the relationship. They are still happily in love, just not within touching distance, or even sharing breathing space. Lois could be staying away as a means to protect Clark from something he's not even aware of. This is not equivalent to "depressing". Clark is unhappy of being away from his family but the books themselves aren't dark or even depressive. Lois is clearly working on something very significant and requires she take certain steps to achieve it. Considering the man she's married and what he does in his spare time and every moment in between, I imagine there's a level of understanding from her end and now we are seeing Clark have to return that same understanding by allowing his wife the freedom to do what is no doubt important (i'm convinced it involves him anyway). Just because we readers don't know what it is, I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions and imagine the absolute worst, regardless of DiDio. It's much better to enjoy the books here and now for what's actually written and not fret over what may not even happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well, for now it simply seems that Bendis wants to move away from portrait L&C as the perfect couple of American farmer of the Rebirth era.
    Yeah, it's just with a lot of other relationships in DC going through difficulties, it's just made me worry a bit about the best of those. I get these spells from time to time

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I think the books are great. I have no issues with L&C's relationship. They are not together physically sure but that's not the same as saying they are separated because there's internal problems in the relationship. They are still happily in love, just not within touching distance, or even sharing breathing space. Lois could be staying away as a means to protect Clark from something he's not even aware of. This is not equivalent to "depressing". Clark is unhappy of being away from his family but the books themselves aren't dark or even depressive. Lois is clearly working on something very significant and requires she take certain steps to achieve it. Considering the man she's married and what he does in his spare time and every moment in between, I imagine there's a level of understanding from her end and now we are seeing Clark have to return that same understanding by allowing his wife the freedom to do what is no doubt important (i'm convinced it involves him anyway). Just because we readers don't know what it is, I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions and imagine the absolute worst, regardless of DiDio. It's much better to enjoy the books here and now for what's actually written and not fret over what may not even happen.
    I obviously want the Super-Family to get back together. I just want it to happen in a natural, organic way. If it happens too quickly, then there's no dramatic tension. If it takes too long, fans will start dropping the books.
    Yeah, it's just with a lot of other relationships in DC going through difficulties, it's just made me worry a bit about the best of those. I get these spells from time to time
    All relationships experience problems. It's a natural part of life. I'm more invested in Clark/Lois than any other relationship in comic books these days.

I'd be surprised if the temporary separation angle lasted too long, but in the event that it did last a while, I don't think we'd necessarily see a direct correlation to a drop over it. Superman's sales don't rise and fall significantly with his familial status. Its just never had that kind of sway outside of fans arguing over it. And as we as fans do excel at arguing about it, the difference seems to be incredibly negligible in regards to the one tangible standard with is books sold.

All that said though I would have to be believe that Jon's return would at the very least bring Lois back to Metropolis, and that's occurring in the next couple months.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-27-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Master Hero Vladimir

If you read my post, you'll find I wasn't worried that Bendis specifically would end the marriage, but that Geoff would, but I feel better just sharing my fears with you guys and you lot coming through with more boundless optimism, so cheers for that.
    Hey, Superman fans gotta stick together.

I ask because post Heroes In Crisis everyone is using that word to retroactively describe things post-Rebirth, and also describing Superman as depressing in Heroes In Crisis (lets go ahead and side step the fact that 1. that's not the only book he's in. 2. He has a good time, smiles, and even cracks wise in other books 3. would kind of be odd to see him smile after entering the crime scene of a mass killing).
    Superman as a character is best enjoyed by both adults and children because the ideals he embodies (truth, justice, benevolence, kindness) appeal to everyone, regardless of age.

Identity Crisis this is not.
    Indeed.

Sure, there's been a bit of sadness but Clark's son left for a summer vacation in space, Lois went with him, and Clark misses his family. It's actually rather mundane, really. And Rogal has broken Kandor (I still believe they escaped. They're tiny, but once that bottle broke? Yellow sunlight.) and the Fortress got smoked. So yeah, Clark hasn't had the best summer. But he's been far from depressed. Missing his family and dealing with a pain in the ass villain isn't being depressed. I mean, come on, the dialogue with Toyman in MoS #2? There's been plenty of good stuff here.

And Clark's been fine in Justice League; stoic and noble but easy going and fun and he's got the best "Batman" voice too, apparently.

Life is never easy for Superman. And yeah, Lois has some secrets. Big deal, Clark keeps secrets from her all the time. This isn't even the first time Lois has kept secrets from her husband. There's nothing new here, except maybe Lois has a bigger secret than usual. But Clark's fine, it'll all work out in the end, and the books aren't dark. They're just not comedies. What you seem to be equating with "dark" is really just "drama."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Indeed.

Sure, there's been a bit of sadness but Clark's son left for a summer vacation in space, Lois went with him, and Clark misses his family. It's actually rather mundane, really. And Rogal has broken Kandor (I still believe they escaped. They're tiny, but once that bottle broke? Yellow sunlight.) and the Fortress got smoked. So yeah, Clark hasn't had the best summer. But he's been far from depressed. Missing his family and dealing with a pain in the ass villain isn't being depressed. I mean, come on, the dialogue with Toyman in MoS #2? There's been plenty of good stuff here.

And Clark's been fine in Justice League; stoic and noble but easy going and fun and he's got the best "Batman" voice too, apparently.

Life is never easy for Superman. And yeah, Lois has some secrets. Big deal, Clark keeps secrets from her all the time. This isn't even the first time Lois has kept secrets from her husband. There's nothing new here, except maybe Lois has a bigger secret than usual. But Clark's fine, it'll all work out in the end, and the books aren't dark. They're just not comedies. What you seem to be equating with "dark" is really just "drama."
    :P