Page 222 of 613 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

One of the Superman editors played along with Bendis's tweets about big announcements this week, so maybe it will relate to a new Super book. https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...18967994159106

Superman-related but maybe not the Legion? New 52 Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

He did retweet that #BringBackConnerKent tweet and even reply to it, so there's that.

Regardless, I'm fairly certain that at least a sizable bit of the announcements are Superman related in some form given Didio, Miller, and Bendis are doing a Superman spotlight during NYCC. But I'm also sure that the majority of the news is likely about the new DC imprint curated by Bendis and his wife.

Here's hoping that Fraction Jimmy Olsen book is a thing. And we should possibly expect details on the Lois book to drop.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Big announcements for NYCC and we're guessing a sizeable amount is Superman related. Let that sink in.

I love the effect Bendis has had on Superman's focus in just a general sense of talking about him, getting people hyped for upcoming stuff. Outside of the good work he's doing on the actual books, he's putting the character out there again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

They're going to announce the Leviathan storyline and the new imprint. Those may or may not involve Conner and the Legion.

BANNED

Yeah, if you read DC Nation#5, they have a bio on Talia Al Ghaul and they list her as appearing soon in Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    He did retweet that #BringBackConnerKent tweet and even reply to it, so there's that.

Regardless, I'm fairly certain that at least a sizable bit of the announcements are Superman related in some form given Didio, Miller, and Bendis are doing a Superman spotlight during NYCC. But I'm also sure that the majority of the news is likely about the new DC imprint curated by Bendis and his wife.

Here's hoping that Fraction Jimmy Olsen book is a thing. And we should possibly expect details on the Lois book to drop.
    Miller is going to be there? Maybe Year One isn’t totally dead then.

I can’t wait to learn more about the Leviathan crossover and I hope Kon does make a return soon.

Preview page from Action #1004 high validates the speculation about the idea that the "redefining" of Lois and Clark's relationship is that its going to be Lois and Superman, publicly. They kiss right in public.

What will this mean for the Clark persona? Perhaps other than "divorce", maybe they say her relationship with Clark was a ruse Kent was in on the whole time, something to deflect from the fact it was Superman that Lois Lane was married to and had a child with? Something he agreed to of course because he was friends with both Superman and Lois Lane and wanted to help allow them to be together. Maybe even go so far as having to have their son take part in the new masquerade and have to admit that Clark Kent isn't really his father, that Superman is? In public instead of dad, Clark becomes "Uncle Clark" or something. It certainly would be a new twist on the dual identity secret, and highlight the secret identity concept in a way that it hasn't been focused nor as important in a really long time.

I mean, to keep up a ruse like this, they'd really have to go all-out in a way they didn't have to before when it was the other way around. Lois can no longer live with Clark Kent. Publicly they have be just friends. The masquerade would require each having their separate homes. And then where do Superman and Lois live? Not even mentioning the plethora or women hitting on Clark Kent now that he's outed as "single". The hoops to jump through to create a new public façade would definitely highlight what Bendis has been talking about for a while now in that they're an irregular family so they'll have an incredibly irregular life.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-03-2018 at 11:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Preview page from Action #1004 high validates the speculation about the idea that the "redefining" of Lois and Clark's relationship is that its going to be Lois and Superman, publicly. They kiss right in public.
    That would go a long way to explaining why Clark was comfortable putting pictures of his family on display in his quarters at the JL headquarters

Here's another interesting angle that could be played, a consequence of the new normal: are Lois Lane and Clark Kent to be ever trusted as reporters again? Is Superman to be trusted as a protector? They took part in a decade long lie to the public. Lois and Superman had a hybrid alien child and tried to pass him off as human. The people are supposed to trust these three for truth and justice? It could be an interesting thing to bring up because the reality is they ARE lying and always have been, just not the lie the public thinks. Their integrity as reporters and Superman's integrity as a hero for truth being put to scrutiny for taking place in a ruse is something fans have brought up before. It could actually be tackled now, out in the open, in-story.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-03-2018 at 11:56 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, if you read DC Nation#5, they have a bio on Talia Al Ghaul and they list her as appearing soon in Action Comics.
    A+ catch, Miles! I totally missed that.

I hope the Leviathan story line pays off on its extremely interesting pitch. A Superman/Daily Planet DCU event that deals with super spy organizations and is spearheaded by Clark, Lois, and Jimmy sounds freakin amazing.

I wonder if the Lois Lane book will spin directly out of it?

Edit: Come to think of it, is Cadmus not a secret organization? I wonder if that's the angle Bendis'll take to introduce Conner?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-03-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

What will this mean for the Clark persona? Perhaps other than "divorce", maybe they say her relationship with Clark was a ruse Kent was in on the whole time, something to deflect from the fact it was Superman that Lois Lane was married to and had a child with? Something he agreed to of course because he was friends with both Superman and Lois Lane and wanted to help allow them to be together. Maybe even go so far as having to have their son take part in the new masquerade and have to admit that Clark Kent isn't really his father, that Superman is? In public instead of dad, Clark becomes "Uncle Clark" or something. It certainly would be a new twist on the dual identity secret, and highlight the secret identity concept in a way that it hasn't been focused nor as important in a really long time.

I mean, to keep up a ruse like this, they'd really have to go all-out in a way they didn't have to before when it was the other way around. Lois can no longer live with Clark Kent. Publicly they have be just friends. The masquerade would require each having their separate homes. And then where do Superman and Lois live? Not even mentioning the plethora or women hitting on Clark Kent now that he's outed as "single". The hoops to jump through to create a new public façade would definitely highlight what Bendis has been talking about for a while now in that they're an irregular family so they'll have an incredibly irregular life.
    Yeah, nothing about that excites me for Superman/Action Comics going forward.

Fantastic Member

If they're really stupid enough to do "Lois is really with Superman, not Clark," then they should just go ahead and kill the Clark Kent character forever. It's a pointless exercise in false drama at that point.

I know this board's ruling cabal will love it, but it's a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, nothing about that excites me for Superman/Action Comics going forward.
    Fair enough. The possibilities excite me more than anything this status quo has brought since 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    If they're really stupid enough to do "Lois is really with Superman, not Clark," then they should just go ahead and kill the Clark Kent character forever. It's a pointless exercise in false drama at that point.

I know this board's ruling cabal will love it, but it's a terrible idea.
    I think it makes Clark Kent in regards to the public disguise more important than its been since the pre-Crisis days. Kill him off? The public Clark Kent would be imperative now in this set-up (considering there's a reason Lois and Clark need to do this, and its guaranteed there's going to be, Lois isn't just going to decide this has to be done for no reason), and it hasn't felt that way in a long time. Meanwhile the real Clark Kent is going nowhere because the real Clark Kent IS Superman. And Lois and Clark as a concept is going nowhere because the feelings are exactly the same. What gets to be public and what has to be private is just turned around.

And there's no cabal. Some people here agree, some people here disagree. Happens all the time. The ones who agree that something is a good idea is no more a clique than the ones who agree an idea is bad.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-03-2018 at 12:39 PM.

BANNED

I admit to not being comfortable with Clark having to deal with people's perceptions of him in light of this potential twist, but Lois still knows the truth and still values her family, and I'm certain she has a battle plan that will be interesting to see unfold. She's made an impact with every appearance thus far and that's only been in cameos, just wait 'till she's a fully fledged player again. Clark, the person we follow, has all the questions at the beginning, and Lois, who we also follow, always supplies some kind of answer at the end of each issue