Page 224 of 613 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 9194
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I almost dropped my work phone. Am I getting MY Superboy back?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    YOOOOOOOOO HYPE!!

Freakin HYPE for all those characters right there man.

But like where are they coming from? Is that Tim? Is this another universe? Is that Lana out in the center? Is she like the caretaker or something? If it is her and she's the caretaker then did she discover them in an experiment with other worlds or something? Also is that the new Dial H kid with the phone? And are the two young girls Bigshot and Hardline from Super Sons issue #8?

......*looks at art really closely* THAT'S PAT GLEASON'S ART! THIS IS THE BENDIS GLEASON PROJECT!!

Edit: Look at all the "bring back Conner" tweets Bendis has retweeted https://twitter.com/nationofnerds/st...85713309962241 / https://twitter.com/VindoesnthaveFB/...96379012505600 or even tweeted himself https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...01770095169537

Dude's gonna go from most "controversial" Superman run in recent memory to the guy that brought Conner back, made the first Daily Planet, focused on Lois, Clark, and Jimmy as reporters in said event, possibly gave Jimmy Olsen a book/larger role, and possibly set up for a Lois book.
    Yep, exciting stuff. I'm surprised it's a 90s superboy design. Wonder what continuity he is pulling from.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I just wanna confirm with someone else: that's Gleason's art, right? Like, I'm not crazy, right? That's 100% his style of face and 3/4 shot, right?

So, then this must be the Bendis/Gleason book?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

EDIT: Miles to Go posted it ahead of me. Very cool news.

BANNED

And according to BC, the imprint is IN CONTINUITY

Okay, so this is the new Bendis run imprint: Wonder Comics. "An in-continuity teen-character imprint at DC Comics."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...-twins-dial-h/

That's not a team, but rather a big splash of all the properties in that line. However they straight up name drop Young Justice, and Gleason will be one of the artist on the book. The kid with the phone is in fact Dial H. Bendis actually teased this in Action Comics 1001 with Jimmy's desk, so keep looking at those desk shots.

No word on if that's Lana or not, but it looks an awful lot like her.

Edit: Miles got it ahead of me too.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

so keep looking at those desk shots.
    I've spent a good while looking at those desk shots when they turn up

BANNED

No word on if that's Lana or not, but it looks an awful lot like her.
    Yeah, it does...I like the idea of her possibly going along on adventures and playing Aunt/Mentor to the crazy kids.

Few other things:

- That's 100% in-continuity Tim Drake. The costume confirmed https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...obin-b2631.jpg

- This officially settles the debate on what age the Young Justice kids will be. They'll all remain teens.

- Keep in mind that Bendis is doing the Leviathan event that deals with all of the secret organizations in DC, so maybe check that out to see some details on Cadmus and possibly Superboy.

- More reason why Bendis will likely leave Jon as a 10 year old. He's already making a whole teen imprint with a teen Superboy, so it's unlikely that he'll have two teen Superboys running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, it does...I like the idea of her possibly going along on adventures and playing Aunt/Mentor to the crazy kids.
    Agreed. Makes even more sense given that she was a superhero not too long ago. I just miss action Doc Savage Lana. She even seems to have her little pop gun from before. If that is her of course.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-04-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Gleason on YJ? Holy hell am I in for the art alone. I hope Bendis can do a good job with the writing but I think YJ is a brand that will play to his strengths.

BANNED

Bendis on Lee and Didio's NYCC panel now

Wonder Comics officially announced

Bendis reveals he was the who requested Young Justice be brought back

https://www.newsarama.com/42148-nycc...dan-didio.html

"This is an opportunity for me to express a lot of themes I was already doing with Miles Morales and Riri Williams... your first loves, first tragedies... these characters mean a lot to each other...it's literally a list of things that people have been screaming at me to bring back to DC." - Bendis
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-04-2018 at 11:12 AM.

"Wonder Comics" kind of makes me think this should be spearheaded by Wonder Woman instead of being a teen imprint .

BANNED

BANNED

-Tim Drake will be front and centre of Young Justice
    -Bendis says that there will be some new characters on the team such as Jenny Hex, the great-great-great- grand-daughter of Jonah Hex, she will first appear in Bendis' Batman Walmart story
    -Another new character, Teen Lantern, is a Bolivian woman, she will tie into Grant Morrison's Green Lantern
    -Title is released in January
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-04-2018 at 11:17 AM.