Page 226 of 613 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The only thing I'm iffy on is the shoulder spikes. That's like...Lobo-ish, lol. Everything else I love. Its a mix between 90s and modern casual. He still has the 90s more-than-one belt. But one of the belts is just a regular belt you'd see any teen wearing. The pants at first glance are still the 90s tights, visually but the knee patches help make them look more like just a red pair of pants. The "superhero" boots have been totally switched out for a regular pair of work boots. He has the high fade back but I don't really equate that to just the 90s anymore, I still see that hairdo a lot. And of course the jacket with the little nod to the New 52 tat as there's an extra S on the shoulder now.
    to be honest, I wish he had the black shirt with a S design instead of the 90's look, but I guess this ties more into what they are going for on the reign of superman animated film.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    now that it's in better quality, what do you guys of the redesign?
    Attachment 71749
    The excessive belts seem excessive and I agree the shoulder spikes are a bit much.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Attachment 71749
    That's totally Campbell's art. Nice.

Am I remembering it wrong or wasn't there somewhere aside from Morrison's The Just that said Conner was a fan of screech metal?

But aside from that I think they're just going for a punk style to go with his attitude. The laced up boots really help that along.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-04-2018 at 12:23 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Bendis “These characters mean a lot to each other personally. Some of them not in this continuity, so they’re gonna meet each other for the first time.

So I think it's safe to assume that this will be the first incarnation of Young Justice, and this may even be Conner's first time at life in this continuity.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Bendis “These characters mean a lot to each other personally. Some of them not in this continuity, so they’re gonna meet each other for the first time.

So I think it's safe to assume that this will be the first incarnation of Young Justice, and this may even be Conner's first time at life in this continuity.
    Bendis: Continuity? What continuity?

Story of his life

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Story of his life
    to be fair, superman reborn pretty much made Conner's new 52 or flashpoint versions never exist, so Bendis pretty much had to start the character over from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Story of his life
    Oh, what do you mean by that? Bendis seems to be hinting that he's acknowledging the current continuity Jurgens and Tomasi set up where Conner wasn't around for Reign and Tim doesn't know who he is. Plus, he's directly corroborating continuity with Morrison's new Green Lantern book.

Or are you making a joke about how people will still talk about how he doesn't care about continuity lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh, what do you mean by that? Bendis seems to be hinting that he's acknowledging the current continuity Jurgens and Tomasi set up where Conner wasn't around for Reign and Tim doesn't know who he is. Plus, he's directly corroborating continuity with Morrison's new Green Lantern book.

Or are you making a joke about how people will still talk about how he doesn't care about continuity lol
    Bit of both since I'm pretty experienced with his highs and lows on the subject.

Attachment 71749
    Looks sick. I’m glad he has the fade back especially.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I am so on board with this that words me. Hot damn, that's outstanding news! The sheer joy and creativity Bendis is approaching DC with us so refreshing. If he can keep up this momentum and deliver with the rumoured Daily Planet Leviathan event, he's to be closing in on who I'd hope becomes EiC. It's too early to say that now, obviously, but he's got such clear enthusiasm for the line that I'm just glad he's here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I am so on board with this that words me. Hot damn, that's outstanding news! The sheer joy and creativity Bendis is approaching DC with us so refreshing. If he can keep up this momentum and deliver with the rumoured Daily Planet Leviathan event, he's to be closing in on who I'd hope becomes EiC. It's too early to say that now, obviously, but he's got such clear enthusiasm for the line that I'm just glad he's here.
    Bendis was tipped at one point to be Marvel EIC, but he turned the job down at the time.

I'm still not sold that Conner's being rebooted at all. I just don't see the reason to do it when you can just restore him as he was in-general with little issue. Doomsday Clock is setting up similar restorations of characters whom at the moment technically don't exist so doing it for Kon as well, be it by similar circumstances or something totally different, seems like a no-brainer. The set up with Tim from the Titans of Tomorrow stuff could just as easily be set up for Tim to remember Kon, as opposed to him starting anew. And the comment about some characters not having been in continuity before could apply to characters like the Wonder Twins, not necessarily Conner.

If the plan is to tie it into Doomsday Clock, for example, the latest issue made it incredibly easy to do based on the example of Dr. Manhattan changing things there. There we learn Jon altered Alan Scott ever being Green Lantern by moving the lamp out of his grasp so that this time, the train accident killed him. It'd be cake to say Manhattan traveled to the time around Superman's death, and did something similarly subtle to disallow the cloning process that created Kon-El to work and that's why he currently doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-04-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still not sold that Conner's being rebooted at all. I just don't see the reason to do it when you can just restore him as he was with little issue. Doomsday Clock is setting up similar restorations so doing it for Kon as well, be it by similar circumstances or something totally different, seems like a no-brainer.
    But not really similar to this particular thing. It's doing stuff like bringing back the JSA and such, but it doesn't seem to be outright changing the ages of characters or adding continuity to them all. Like Supergirl is still only 16 or 17 and is still relatively new to Earth by comparison to her older incarnation. Death of Superman still happened over 10 years go (their time) because Jon wasn't born yet. And since this imprint is for teen and about teens it's kind of hard to do that when you have to tack on at least 10 years onto Conner, Cassie, and Bart for them to have their accurate histories.

I'm very much expecting an approximation of their individual histories, but mostly nothing shared (given he only says some of them don't know one another).

The thing with Conner though is that there's a built in way to make the age thing entirely irreleveant, again considering Conner's a clone and his original status quo kept him from aging altogether in the first place. All they would have to do is reinstate that. It's a mash up history, but everything's a mash up at this point. And also remember DC is big on synchronization. The Reign of Superman movie is about to introduce Kon with his original origin story in regards to the Death of Superman. Its hard for me to imagine that when he comes back in the comics, he will not have retained at least the basics of that classic origin.

And Bart, who's already returned, doesn't seem to be being rebooted. Its just a one page splash of course but he proclaims himself as "back". The insinuation to me was that he was returning in the narrative as opposed to showing up for the first time. Maybe they do something with him and his original rapid-aging issues to explain why he's likewise still so young. I think the major problems here is "normal" existing characters like Tim and Cass. What they do there I haven't a clue.

But for all the potential and sensical explanations for Kon and Bart, the whole thing could just be altogether ignored considering that's how the Batman mythos has worked with the passage of time with all the Robins...it essentially ignores it. Could happen again for at least previously existing characters like Tim and Cassie, and maybe all of them. That certainly doesn't sound ideal, but unfortunately it is a realistic option.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-04-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Ok so everyone was made younger for the new 52,some old memories popped up after Rebirth, so what my theory is "at the moment" is that Kon got the younger Manhattan effect but also got a retcon so that he was a part of dick and Wally's generation. That would make it possible for him to be around back then, then add the younger self and no memories.

So he will he be retconned to be a part of dicks generation (like the YJ shows universe),then time goes on, and befriends and starts YJ with Tim and Bart. Remember he couldn't age for awhile in his old series, that can be how he got from dicks generation to Tim's generation with no problems. Sins of youth was during Tim's generation and when SB started aging again. So then he gets bigger and has more kryptonian powers. Manhattan happens and POOF SB gets put younger and with no memories of anything before now.

Sounds good to me

Drop the spikes dudes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Not knowing each orher makes sense, it's the same way everyone got "Manhattaned".what I want though is for them to slowly move toward figuring out that they have a lot of history together, maybe that's why jor-el imprisoned Tim.

Guys do this