Page 229 of 613 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    I thought it was the other way round:

- normal aging (although, chronologically, a toddler)
    - clone sickness was cured by using Roxy's genetic structure, which resulted in...
    - frozen aging
    - Sins of Youth unfroze

Sometime in there. So you just retcon that change out. Honestly taking all that into consideration its actually harder to make Tim's age fit in this continuity than it is Conner's since he has that built in failsafe to potentially go back to.
    That rings a bell, I think you're right. Its been so long!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think that would be derivative. That idea seems to be unique to Wally, and I don't see why it wouldn't stay that way.

There's nothing to indicate that post-Doomsday Clock will do more than give us the Legion, Shazam, and JSA back. Nothing yet seems to indicate that characters that are like Supergirl, now de-aged, will get their histories back. There's nothing to indicate that Lor-Zod is suddenly gonna be Chris Kent post Doomsday Clock. There's nothing to indicate that characters are just going to remember what it was like before the New 52 while still being not aged up.

But that fundamentally changes his personality in comparison to all of his peers. He then becomes a 26 year old in the body of a 16 year old while everyone else functions as 16 year old kids going through a bunch of "firsts" as Bendis put it.

I'm very sympathetic towards those who want to keep his history in Reign, but outside of him physically being made 10 years ago, but never woken up, I can't really endorse it due to the hassle it would prove.

Derivative? No, it's what is happened to everyone. Wally was the special one to remember his past life, everyone else is oblivious.

Manhattan deagee everyone and wiped their memories of their other lives, that is a consistent thing.

Your right we have no idea if the enf of DDC will have everyone regain their memories, so you got me there. Course WE will know, and knowing is half the battle.

If SB was active for the whole 10 years then yeah your 26 in a 16 year old body thought would be true, but we know he wasn't active, he was actually wiped out somehow.

Theories- everyone has 2 histories, because of Manhattans changes, so SBs 1st one would have to imo keep all his Reign, Hawaii, YJ history, but has to mesh with Tim's age, which also got deaged(cause everyone did).so in reality Tim should be older, but he is like 16 to 18 now.

4- excuses for SBs history still working.
    1) Frozen age
    2) future with the Legion
    3l harvest kidnapped SB and has him on ice somewhere
    4) Manhattan went back in time and made his existence not happen.

I would use more than 1 to get to where his age fits with Tim's.

The new timeline is easy,he just escapes or gets helped out of Cadmus and it all starts again NOW,and without a dead Superman(ala YJ show).

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Bendis is freakin nuts and I love it lol
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-05-2018 at 03:08 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I think the indication is quite strong that Conner was forcibly and unnaturally removed from the continuity. If not outright confirmed, its at least been heavily implied. Titans of Tomorrow Tim considered it an oddity that main Tim has no idea who Conner is. Timelines are different, so yes, this could just be a reflection of that and nothing more, but on a meta level it can be telling in a different way. Further, Conner was the glaring omission from Superman's memories when he scanned over his history at the Fortress in the Reborn Aftermath issues, and he came away from that scan still feeling something was off but not being able to place it. Lots of people, with decent reason, read that as a possible hint as well. As that was the glaring omission to the reader, it stands to reason we're supposed to come away from that wondering if that's what Superman is not feeling right about.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-05-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No, we know for sure Conner was wiped out. He was omitted from Superman's memories of Reign as seen way back in Reborn Aftermath when he was using the Fortress to scan over his history.
    There was also a bit in Teen Titans(?) where the Titans Tomorrow version of Tim Drake said to his younger counterpart to "watch for Conner" or something along those lines, and Tim goes "Who's Conner?", freaking his future self out.

Screw literally everything I've been saying till this point. Bendis is about to go ham af and make a lot of people happy.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/...-wonder-comics

"When I first met with [DC co-publisher] Dan DiDio and we were talking about my work with DC, he went, 'You know, we've really been having a lot of luck with this pop-up imprint stuff, it's a really unique way for creators to really dig in and laser focus a message to readers.' So I looked at Young Animal and a very early version of the Sandman Universe and tried to think of what that would look like," Bendis explained while sitting down with IGN at the show. "[...] and then I realized, I knew what I was already missing since I was just wrapping up my final issue with Miles Morales, that I could look at the message of the Ultimate line."

"I've been on a year-long deep dive re-read of things in DC history. I'm so excited to pull genuine gold out of the history of DC Comics and present them like this -- that's really what the Ultimate line was, in its initial inception,"

"Everybody knew about Conner, everybody was working towards finding ways to show those connective tissues. It's all been connected. We've all been working to tease out the logistics of bringing him back," Bendis explained. "We find him in the most surprising place you could find him and I got to write my favorite line of dialogue ever. Bart sees him and says, 'Oh my god, Conner, how are you here? How did you grow a beard?'"

And yes, before speculation starts ramping up, "they're all the characters from main continuity," Bendis laughed. "These are main continuity, from-the-other-books characters. Main universe, main timeline characters."

As for the current Superboy, Jon Kent? Don't panic. Conner won't be superseding Jon in anyway, Bendis assured. "Jon's story is unfolding in Superman and will be coming back in Superman #6 with a lot to work with. His story is a big one."

Bendis went on to tease the return of Gem World and the character Amethyst as well as two new characters: Jinny Hex, the great-great-great granddaughter of Jonah Hex who knows nothing about her distant relative and "Teen Lantern," a Bolivian hacker who has been secretly accessing the main Green Lantern power battery.

Some stuff about Naomi involving Superman

"Naomi is a young African American girl in the Pacific Northwest. She's adopted, she's the only person who looks like her in her tiny town and one day, Superman and Mongol crash there for a split second during the middle of a fight," Bendis teased. "It's a little blip in the bigger scheme of things for either of them but his appearance there will inspire Naomi to look into her own adoption -- and the result of her looking will bring about something the DC Universe has never seen before."
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-05-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    There was also a bit in Teen Titans(?) where the Titans Tomorrow version of Tim Drake said to his younger counterpart to "watch for Conner" or something along those lines, and Tim goes "Who's Conner?", freaking his future self out.
    Just FYI, I edited my post a bit. "We know for sure" indeed is not quite accurate. With some thought, the actual materials don't necessarily outright confirm anything yet. So I step back on that and go with strong implication, rather knowing for sure.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

"We find him in the most surprising place you could find him and I got to write my favorite line of dialogue ever. Bart sees him and says, 'Oh my god, Conner, how are you here? How did you grow a beard?'"
    Of course, the immediate question being: does Conner recognize Bart? Bart seems to have maybe been plucked from pre-Flashpoint is my understanding of where things stand at the moment, so he may know Superboy without them having met.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So Connor has a beard when he is first seen, really wonder how Bendis plans on explaining things with him. But I am concerned with the fact of having a team where so many of the characters have things going on tha need to be explained, no one will get the development they need.

Also excited to learn about Jon's story, really wish they would make Superman twice a month again.

Kon93

Bart has always been immune to time shenanigans, so he might actually remember everyone, from whatever point he was plucked from at least.

The beard thing I bet is SB dressing up in a job somewhere, living a very basic normal life not knowing how SUPER he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Of course, the immediate question being: does Conner recognize Bart? Bart seems to have maybe been plucked from pre-Flashpoint is my understanding of where things stand at the moment, so he may know Superboy without them having met.
    Yeah that sounds about right. I really didn't think they'd even hint at redoing the Wally thing, but I guess it makes sense here given how before Flashpoint Bart was legitimately the character stuck outside of time. It was one of the tie-in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    The beard thing I bet is SB dressing up in a job somewhere, living a very basic normal life not knowing how SUPER he really is.
    Like he's working at a grocery store or working as a telemarketer lol I'd have the biggest, dumbest grin on my face if something like that happened. I wonder if Bendis will maybe make it so Conner was Superboy for a while and just sort of fell out of relevancy, and then got a normal job like grown up child actors do.

Two things:

Tim Drake seems to be Bendis' favorite Robin. That (along with the thematic stuff already set with Oz Effect and Sons of Tomorrow) might explain why he's more or less the focus of Bendis' YJ book https://twitter.com/LiamOfBaltimore/...04972722675713

And, as if there was any doubt, Bendis reinforced "big @DCComics reveals at my spotlight panel today! 5:15 room 1A21" along with the Wonder Comics poster. So maybe some Conner in Superman news along with the general Superman news we're assuredly getting coming out of that spotlight? Maybe some Jon stuff? Maybe some Jon/Conner stuff. Keep a look out. https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...04698419384328

Also for whatever it's worth, he's a really, really close up image of Conner so you can notice all the little details. Stuff like how the shoulder S patches are actually stitched on (paying homage to his red and black S), or the little yellow border around his S, or how at least one of those belts is holding up a pouch by the side of right leg (super tech?), or the seemingly gauged ears.

Edit: Williamson says "Bart Allen will be in the book before transitioning over to Young Justice." So look out for Bart's deal there.

Edit 2: "The moderator asks who DeConnick's dream characters to write are." "DeConnick says Lois Lane. "I have such an affection for journalists and especially today. The attack they are under for the important work they are doing and I think the heroism of someone who is not powered and still out there working for truth... I just love Lois Lane.""

There's a Lois book in the works and Bendis is good friends with DeConnick and her husband Fraction, so yeah, maybe. I just know I'd kill for Fraction on Jimmy and DeConnick on Lois.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-06-2018 at 10:08 AM.

BANNED

Ambush Bug confirmed for Young Justice!

Found it https://www.newsarama.com/42229-nycc...-s-finest.html

Edit: thanks Miles!

Last we see of Bug was in MOS in a space dive bar.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-06-2018 at 10:40 AM.

BANNED

Would you be able to put up a link?
    Sure

https://www.newsarama.com/42229-nycc...-s-finest.html

The last question is about Ambush Bug and where he might appear.

The panel confirms that he'll be in Young Justice.