Page 234 of 613 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Interestingly enough, Bendis says while understandably YJ is getting more of the headlines now, a year from now this Naomi character is going to be seen as the bigger announcement. That's quite a statement. Makes me think she's going to be multiversal level or something.
    I saw, that was my tweet he replied to lol. I'm definitely curious because nothing we've heard told us about what power she is supposed to have, so I'm curious what it could be that requires it to be a secret.

The only idea I have at the moment, considering there appears to be a Superman mythos connection to her, is that she's the Earth-0 version of Val-Zod.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Once again, Ivan Reis delivers his masterful Superman art. Also, can anyone care to explain why can't Superman defeat Rogol in hand-to-hand combat? I mean, what makes Rogol so different from Doomsday (the monster that killed Superman), Darkseid (intergalactic warlord who regularly clashes with Superman) or General Zod (Kryptonian soldier) that Superman thinks he won't last long against him? Bendis has been doing a good job so far in the main Superman book, which I consider the stronger of the two main Superman books, but Rogol is not one of his finer characters. I still think Rogol's characterization and abilities would have worked much better on an already existing character. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to this issue, especially with the big fight coming up.

The only idea I have at the moment, considering there appears to be a Superman mythos connection to her, is that she's the Earth-0 version of Val-Zod.
    I don’t think so. She’s supposed to be only tangentially related to Superman. She sees him and Mongul slugging it out and that inspires her to be a hero. I guess if she has a Flying Brick powerset that could make it a possibility she’s Kryptonian but I still think it’s unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    Once again, Ivan Reis delivers his masterful Superman art. Also, can anyone care to explain why can't Superman defeat Rogol in hand-to-hand combat? I mean, what makes Rogol so different from Doomsday (the monster that killed Superman), Darkseid (intergalactic warlord who regularly clashes with Superman) or General Zod (Kryptonian soldier) that Superman thinks he won't last long against him? Bendis has been doing a good job so far in the main Superman book, which I consider the stronger of the two main Superman books, but Rogol is not one of his finer characters. I still think Rogol's characterization and abilities would have worked much better on an already existing character. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to this issue, especially with the big fight coming up.
    Difference with Doomsday is easy. Doomsday just wrecks everything in his path with sheer power. He has no tactics or technique beyond “punch it until it’s paste”. Rogal is clearly meant to be a thinker and a planner.

Darkseid is a New God and wants to rule. Rogal seemed to have been fine being a black ops soldier for the Circle. He didn’t have a problem following orders until Krypton seemingly. Darkseid is a JL-tier threat so he should be the hardest opponent for Clark but he’s also a jobber which sucks but it is what it is.

Zod is showing up soon so hopefully Bendis will do a good job showing the difference between the two. But Zod kind of represents the evil side of Krypton Rogal was obsessed with, so that should be an interesting confrontation if Bendis does a good job. But Zod and Rogal should be about equal fighting-wise and I have often stated the belief that Zod should be able to thrash Kal in a fight.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-08-2018 at 11:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope to God he doesn’t try to draw anything though. His art skills have deteriorated badly.
    His last Superman sketch haunts me still

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Also, can anyone care to explain why can't Superman defeat Rogol in hand-to-hand combat?
    The idea, as I understand it, is that Zaar is physically his equal AND and master of hand-to-hand in a way that no one on the list you gave is. Zaar was the attack dog for an intergalactic Illuminati, and he'd scare the crap out of whole armies by just showing up. He's also implementing tech and/or techniques that render him undetectable to even Superman.

What tweet are you guys talking about?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah, the Val-Zod thing is very thin and honestly probably derivative, just spitballing though.

Here's the tweet about Naomi:
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...50555879915520
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ah, I see. Nice!

If I remember right, during NYCC Bendis said that Superman's quick fight in her town and the fact that he's also adopted will prompt Naomi to look into her own adoption. Seems like Superman just acts as both the example and the nudge for her own adventure of self discovery. If I had to guess, it's Bendis putting the money where the mouth is when you always here about how Superman is for everyone and should inspire everyone.

Of all the characters in Wonder Comics, this seems like Bendis' Miles/Riri, and building it on a mystery and a simply idea is great. Doesn't hurt that he uses Superman as a jumping off point too!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That’s kinda the point, that right now Superman doesn’t really know why the physical obstacle can’t be offset. So it couldn’t really be a pre existing threat that way and more importantly, no one else really means what he means to the story unless they do another black zero

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

A little more Naomi info, in a new interview on DC Daily, Bendis talks more about her. Remember how he said he will show how Superman is one of the biggest inspiration to immigrants? Apparently that's something that he will show in Naomi. And Bendis also teases more about what Naomi discovers after the fight with superman and mogul, apparently she discovers something so big it can be compared to when we found out about fourth world or gem world. The discovery will affect all of the DCU on some level.

Timestamp: 4:38 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Vo1EGBhNo

Still getting vibes (pun intended) of her being something like Sideways or New 52 Vibe, someone with a connection to different realities or something like that.

Still getting vibes (pun intended) of her being something like Sideways or New 52 Vibe, someone with a connection to different realities or something like that.
    The more I learn about Naomi, the more I'm interested in it. I can't wait to learn more about it !

I'm digging the Red Mist stuff more than Rogal Zarr but Bendis has a good take on the franchise. His pacing needs work tho.

Yo.....coming up in Superman issue 7.....GET. FREAKIN. HYPE!!!!!!

Jor, Lois, and Jon space getting fleshed out. My most anticipated part of this run. Brandon Peterson on art for "special sequences." Also this is after the issue 6 return of Jon.

Also apparently Lob is coming.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...13058398760960

Last edited by Superlad93; 10-10-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Looking forward to a new chapter in the mystery. Imagining where it could go my head conjured up a situation where Lois and co. meet Lobo in space, he helps them out of a jam, then back on Earth in the present day we get some reveal that Lobo actually came back with her and has been skulking in the shadows acting as a bodyguard of sorts. Give some big splash of him smacking down Zaar protecting her from a surprise attack that Superman didn't catch onto in time. We need more Main Man and Superman as allies, I love that unlikely partnership.