Page 245 of 613 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Would you believe that on the old DC forums, I was on the other side of these discussions? I was kinda getting bored back then, but at the same time I wasn't in a place of even entertaining retcons or anything like that as I was still mostly a post-Crisis frame of mind guy. But yep, at one time I was total pro-marriage until I ripped off my Clois shirt and revealed I was a member of the NWO all along!
    "Look at all this crap in the ring, this is what's in store if you follow the likes of this man Didio and this man Lee"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Well, I speak for myself, but without a doubt the amount of toxicity which I see in some posts on this forum since Bendis came on board is simply unbearable (I find some opinions very hard to read even if - generally speaking - I am not soft in my criticism myself). The impression I get is that a lot of reasonable fans are forced to spend way more time in explaining why some arguments simply don't have a solid basis rather than speaking about the stories.

A lot of people is doing their best to make some of the worst stereotypes about fandom a reality.
    I was not around these forums so much at that time, but I remember that there was a lot of opposition and annoyance in this forum with the decisions on Rebirth.

So, I guess in the face of a change of direction, people are always going to be defensive.

Regarding people explaing why arguments don't have solid basis instead of talking about stories, that is the situation in which these comics have put people. They decide to change things, then it is logical that people are going to discuss that.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Be on the look out for Lois doing some pretty bad ass stuff in the coming issues of Superman.

Jess Chen: So @BRIANMBENDIS just used this analogy in a Superman script:
    "Her spider sense is tingling"
    But what he's trying to say to us is:
    "pssst...hail Hydra."

Bendis: did you get to the part where Lois Lane is charging down the halls with a thanagarian crossbow? its a special script

https://twitter.com/jesswchen/status...01275633856512
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Be on the look out for Lois doing some pretty bad ass stuff in the coming issues of Superman.

"pssst...hail Hydra."

Bendis: did you get to the part where Lois Lane is charging down the halls with a thanagarian crossbow? its a special script

I'd rather see her being a journalist than wielding weapons, so hopefully that's part of it and the focus because being smart and exposing the truth is more badass and Lois to me than pulling a trigger or punching.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    These posts are spot on, and I wish that level of thought had been put into the stories.
    Thanks, and me too!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Wasn't that pretty much obvious from the get go though?
    Yep.

BANNED

"pssst...hail Hydra."

Interesting to note the comment Jess made about a scene that takes place in Clark's apartment...so does this mean Lois is staying with him again in Superman's pages?

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I'd rather see her being a journalist than wielding weapons, so hopefully that's part of it and the focus because being smart and exposing the truth is more badass and Lois to me than pulling a trigger or punching.
    If I had to guess, I'd say that's probably a scene from when she was in space with Jon and Jor-El. That stuff actually starts in Superman issue 7. I've already posted these pics before earlier in the thread, but for you convenience I'll post them again in case you didn't catch them. Hopefully it's cool with mods.

But, I'm very much for highlighting Lois' smarts too, and if the only idea behind her use were just finding ways to let her punch things too, I'd be pretty bummed. But luckily that doesn't seem to be the case at all given how her main story beat at the moment is centered around a mystery, and how later she'll be spearheading an investigation alongside Clark and Jimmy into the Leviathan organization (evil spy organization from the pages of Grant Morrison's Batman run) and the mysterious disappearances of other organizations around the DCU (the Kobra Kult Jimmy is looking into in issue 1007). I'll include the Leviathan teaser pic too.

So getting both soon is something I'm very down for. Only getting "find ways to punch a thing" Lois in Tomasi and Gleason's run was a pretty big bummer for me at the time even if I enjoyed at least two of the instances a great deal (her eluding the people of Hamilton and her suiting up as Hellbat for the first time).

But yeah, I'm with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Interesting to note the comment Jess made about a scene that takes place in Clark's apartment...so does this mean Lois is staying with him again in Superman's pages?
    Dunno. Very well could be the case.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-23-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    From what I can tell, I don't even think she will be a journalist anymore. I think she will become a full time author, hence why she and Clark are moving away from their status quo as a normal suburb family and into this status quo where she dates superman.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    hence why she and Clark are moving away from their status quo as a normal suburb family and into this status quo where she dates superman.
    Is this confirmed or are you going for the general speculation? Not badgering you, I promise. Just asking lol

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And I still don't get why. When I'm asked a question and I answer their question, its a 100% given that what I'm offering is my opinion. I will sound matter of fact in my opinion because its what I believe, just like anyone else will. I'm not going to be obnoxious or trollish about it but I'm also not going to walk on eggshells about it, especially when specifically asked a question to which such an answer is completely relevant to the discussion. I didn't just rip on the marriage unprovoked, I was asked why I was interested in shakeups to it. And again for the record by and large you don't know what opinions are shared by the majority. Neither do I. No one does. Superman's a gigantic property of tons of incarnations and ideas throughout the years. None of us have empirical evidence one way or another about what are majority/minority opinions about a lot of aspects outside of the very most basic. Hell not even some of that anymore, as fans can't even seem to agree on something so simple as powerset these days.
    I always appreciate your opinions on Super-Stuff, SK.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm stunned by how much I love every issue of SUPERMAN. Ivan Reis is trying so much new stuff and it's stellar.

ACTION COMICS is great too. The Invisible Mafia stuff is my favorite thread right now. Reminds me of Bendis' DAREDEVIL, which I'm a big fan of (I think Superlad drew that comparison).

Is this confirmed or are you going for the general speculation? Not badgering you, I promise. Just asking lol
    I guess "speculation" till the issue tomorrow comes out lol

Hi!! First time poster, long time lurker. Read the issue, gotta say that was a lot of hype and suspense for an issue that was mostly about spoilers:
    Clark getting laid, and an overuse of the word “baby”
    end of spoilers.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 10-23-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Hi!! First time poster, long time lurker. Read the issue, gotta say that was a lot of hype and suspense for an issue that was mostly about spoilers:
    Clark getting laid, and an overuse of the word “baby”
    end of spoilers.
    Welcome to the forum, and yeah, I thought it was weird how much Lois said that word as well lol

the Leviathan organization (evil spy organization from the pages of Grant Morrison's Batman run) and the mysterious disappearances of other organizations around the DCU (the Kobra Kult Jimmy is looking into in issue 1007). I'll include the Leviathan teaser pic too.
    Little nitpikcing here, but Leviathan has become even wider than that : it's the bigger player in the Underlife (mentioned in both The Silencer and Red Hood current arc), a whole parallel society of killers, drug dealers and the like, with divisions dealing with biological weapons (Jonah Nine), Magic (Whisbone), cybernetic enchantment (Quietus), kill-teams (Gunn), formerly Under the control of Talia but currently in the middle of a civil war, where several players have been taken down. And that's discounting at least two important players : The Silencer herself and the mysterious Raze (about whom we know nothing beyond his nickname and that he could be related to a minor character whose death seeded the civil war).

And considering the civil war should end in just about three issues of The Silencer, Lois will probably find herself investigating a society of killers once more united and possibly quite intent of dealing with anyone able to expose them before they are ready to strike again.

I can't wait to see Bendis do it.

Currently