Page 247 of 613 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman #5 cover by Adam Hughes:

Oh, that's nice. I love a good homage!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Looking on the DC comics site to see when the Superman books are coming out and it seems like The Unity Saga is issues 1-6 long. Bendis said it was a year long, but it's only been 6 months obviously. I'm guessing that's because this is more like "Unity Saga part 1" and the other 6 issue will make up part 2 and fill out the year long projection.

I also noticed that in Action Comics 1004 Clark says "I lost our communicator device in the battle with this creature that may or may not have destroyed Krypton. Frustrated, I flew halfway to titan to come find you." In the opening of Superman issue 1 Clark is in fact flying just past Saturn (titan being a moon of Saturn's). This seems to indicate that Action comics 1001 and on does in fact take place after at least Superman 1-6.

It's my belief that Superman 7 is a skip in time to after the events of at least issue 1004 of Action. My guess is that issue 6 of Superman where we apparently get our glimpse at Jon's current self is probably something similar to the Action Comics 1001 look at Lois. The idea likely being that Jon or Jor-El says "it's time to go home." Then issue 7 is the jump in time and the actual meeting (notice how the solicit makes no mention of Jon meeting his dad or mom in issue 6 but does so in 7).

Then, I think Bendis will deploy an old tactic of his from his Marvel days and he'll have a character (or characters) sit and tell a story to another character, and the story will be drawn differently than what the book normally looks like. He's most recently done this in Miles Morals Spider-Man where Miles' dad tells him about his past at a park bench. This will both act as a respite from story we've had so far in Superman, and also clearly set up the next 6 months of Superman with what Jon and Jor-El bring with them. Expect cut aways back to Clark (and likely Lois given the solicit) having reactions to the story.

I've been really anticipating/looking forward to this "Bendis-isum" because of the injection of art and style while telling a flashback. I hope he's aiming to get as stylistic as he did on Defenders at some point because that sh!t was next level.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bendi randomly liked a tweet I sent him a couple days ago about if there was any plans for lana and steel, hopefully he has actual plan, missed seeing them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Looking on the DC comics site to see when the Superman books are coming out and it seems like The Unity Saga is issues 1-6 long. Bendis said it was a year long, but it's only been 6 months obviously. I'm guessing that's because this is more like "Unity Saga part 1" and the other 6 issue will make up part 2 and fill out the year long projection.

I also noticed that in Action Comics 1004 Clark says "I lost our communicator device in the battle with this creature that may or may not have destroyed Krypton. Frustrated, I flew halfway to titan to come find you." In the opening of Superman issue 1 Clark is in fact flying just past Saturn (titan being a moon of Saturn's). This seems to indicate that Action comics 1001 and on does in fact take place after at least Superman 1-6.

It's my belief that Superman 7 is a skip in time to after the events of at least issue 1004 of Action. My guess is that issue 6 of Superman where we apparently get our glimpse at Jon's current self is probably something similar to the Action Comics 1001 look at Lois. The idea likely being that Jon or Jor-El says "it's time to go home." Then issue 7 is the jump in time and the actual meeting (notice how the solicit makes no mention of Jon meeting his dad or mom in issue 6 but does so in 7).

Then, I think Bendis will deploy an old tactic of his from his Marvel days and he'll have a character (or characters) sit and tell a story to another character, and the story will be drawn differently than what the book normally looks like. He's most recently done this in Miles Morals Spider-Man where Miles' dad tells him about his past at a park bench. This will both act as a respite from story we've had so far in Superman, and also clearly set up the next 6 months of Superman with what Jon and Jor-El bring with them. Expect cut aways back to Clark (and likely Lois given the solicit) having reactions to the story.

I've been really anticipating/looking forward to this "Bendis-isum" because of the injection of art and style while telling a flashback. I hope he's aiming to get as stylistic as he did on Defenders at some point because that sh!t was next level.
    I agree, that timeline of events is pretty much what I've been thinking about as well.

Also interesting, to me at least, is Clark's phrasing regarding Rogol. "...who may or may not have destroyed Krypton." I have to assume that we don't get a concrete answer either way by the time Unity Saga wraps (well, part 1 or the first 6 issues anyway), as Clark himself doesn't know. I like this. For now, it adds the possibility Rogol really did destroy it, and also leaves the idea open that he's full of crap for those readers who didn't like the idea to begin with. I'm sure at some point we'll get a definitive yes or no, but I like that Bendis is leaving it ambiguous for now.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Looking on the DC comics site to see when the Superman books are coming out and it seems like The Unity Saga is issues 1-6 long. Bendis said it was a year long, but it's only been 6 months obviously.
    Bendis started these stories in 'The Man of Steel' miniseries which was four or five issues.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Bendis started these stories in 'The Man of Steel' miniseries which was four or five issues.
    It was six

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It was six
    Oh dear god!
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Am I the only one convinced this is all post-Doomsday Clock? I know the shorts mess it up but that’s a smaller continuity issue than Jor El. And Bendis has been super cagey about Jor El but had said generally there’s some stuff that will make sense after Doomsday Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Am I the only one convinced this is all post-Doomsday Clock? I know the shorts mess it up but that’s a smaller continuity issue than Jor El. And Bendis has been super cagey about Jor El but had said generally there’s some stuff that will make sense after Doomsday Clock.
    Nothing I've seen or heard so far has given me any indication what so ever that Bendis' run (or anyone else's tbh) is set after Doomsday Clock. And in regards to the one Doomsday Clock comment I'm aware of from Bendis: it was regarding Barry's hair color in issue 1 of Superman, and over twitter Bendis essentially made a joke about Doomsday Clock being an explanation for a simple coloring error.

Bendis has however said that where Jor-El has been since Oz Effect will be addressed in his run, and he never linked it to Doomsday Clock as far as I know. But chance are he could given it's implied that not only was Manhattan the one who saved tortured Jor-El but also that Jor-El knows of him. He doesn't really have to go into too much depth on how the plot links to Manhattan given how ambiguous it is, but it's there. And none of that is predicated on his run being after Doomsday Clock.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

At this stage, I don't know where you can place Heroes In Crisis let alone Doomsday Clock

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Nope, he's wearing the suit he gets in this run (with the cuffs) in Doomsday Clock. As has been said since the beginning, Doomsday Clock is after everything else.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Nope, he's wearing the suit he gets in this run (with the cuffs) in Doomsday Clock. As has been said since the beginning, Doomsday Clock is after everything else.
    Yeah, there's also that giant clue I totally forgot lol He literally starts wearing the suit in issue 6 of Man of Steel.

BANNED

And that's probably why Bendis is slightly annoyed all these comic pundints are attacking him for shaking up Clois....he's going to have them living and working together again by year's end but some are just too impatient to sit through a character study/story.

Seeing the amount of Youtubers trying to spin what's going on with Lois and Clark as a "trial seperation with benefits" must really irk him

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah, there's also that giant clue I totally forgot lol He literally starts wearing the suit in issue 6 of Man of Steel.
    hat's kind of technical. The flashback is before MoS #1 starts, but the Bendis explanation forgets that he was wearing the suit again a while before that, before the Rebirth teams ended, with no particular reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    hat's kind of technical. The flashback is before MoS #1 starts, but the Bendis explanation forgets that he was wearing the suit again a while before that, before the Rebirth teams ended, with no particular reason.
    If you're talking about Action 1000, I chalk that up to "it's a celebration, dude, chill out and have fun." As far as I remember, they didn't even know he was getting it back till after Bendis got on.