Page 249 of 613 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Jon's gonna be all about Grandpa Jor and clash with his parents. His relationship with his grandfather will have him greatly embracing his Kryptonian side, but with the unfortunate side-effect of having him start to look down upon his human side.
    I'm sure there will be some of this. Like habits, traditions, or even points of view that he forms from his time up there with Jor-El, but remember Bendis said that the first thing Jon says when he gets back home is "grandpa's crazy!" So, likely not the mini Jor-El that some are assuming. Even the choice in saying "grandpa" over "grandfather" or whatever seems to denote at least a base of old Jon is very much there.

I think the main points of friction will be 1) Jon's appearance. I'm pretty much convinced that he'll be showing up in that gangly post-puberty body we were teased, and that's gonna really hit Clark hard because he's gonna feel like he missed out on his boy growing. 2) Jon's technically an adult by Krytonian standards, and he's probably taken that more to heart than his parents understand/assume 3) Doubt he's ever going back to normal school. 4) This is probably gonna be a big one: I doubt he's gonna keep a secret identity any longer. Aka glasses aren't likely. Basically, Clark's dealing with both a kid becoming a teenager AND and kid coming back from super space college. Bendis probably channeling his own personal experiences and seeing it from the other side with his oldest child.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm sure there will be some of this. Like habits, traditions, or even points of view that he forms from his time up there with Jor-El, but remember Bendis said that the first thing Jon says when he gets back home is "grandpa's crazy!" So, likely not the mini Jor-El that some are assuming. Even the choice in saying "grandpa" over "grandfather" or whatever seems to denote at least a base of old Jon is very much there.

I think the main points of friction will be 1) Jon's appearance. I'm pretty much convinced that he'll be showing up in that gangly post-puberty body we were teased, and that's gonna really hit Clark hard because he's gonna feel like he missed out on his boy growing. 2) Jon's technically an adult by Krytonian standards, and he's probably taken that more to heart than his parents understand/assume 3) Doubt he's ever going back to normal school. 4) This is probably gonna be a big one: I doubt he's gonna keep a secret identity any longer. Aka glasses aren't likely. Basically, Clark's dealing with both a kid becoming a teenager AND and kid coming back from super space college. Bendis probably channeling his own personal experiences and seeing it from the other side with his oldest child.
    Yeah, Bendis says Jon comes back with a ton of story and "Grandpa's Crazy! Help!" I wouldn't be surprised if Jon is on the run from Jor El and escaped back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, Bendis says Jon comes back with a ton of story and "Grandpa's Crazy! Help!" I wouldn't be surprised if Jon is on the run from Jor El and escaped back.
    I keep trying to find the link to the interview with that quote, but no luck. Do you have it by any chance?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I keep trying to find the link to the interview with that quote, but no luck. Do you have it by any chance?
    It’s from the July Word Balloon podcast. Somewhere around the 1:30:00 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It’s from the July Word Balloon podcast. Somewhere around the 1:30:00 mark.
    http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/2018...ap-up.html?m=1
    Actually more around the 90:00 mark. Anyway the way BMB says “grandpa’s crazy!” Doesn’t sound like it’s nessessarilly what Jon thinks. It might be, but he might have just been broadly stating that ”Jor-El is a crazy grandpa.”
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-07-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

I think the "crazy" is Jor-El being eccentric, something typical in some families the world over. It's not him being a danger to Jon.

BANNED

Preview of Superman#5

https://www.newsarama.com/42656-drea...5-preview.html

That super-family ensemble image Bendis shared on instagram turned out to be a dream Zod was having, which swiftly turns into a nightmare.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

You know... if Superman has a Kryptonian symbol on his chest, why does Zod have a 'Z' on his chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    You know... if Superman has a Kryptonian symbol on his chest, why does Zod have a 'Z' on his chest?
    That's probably the symbol of the House of Zod, same as Superman has the symbol of the House of El.

Honestly, I prefer it when it's a vague symbol that only sort of resembles a letter, like here. Same with Superman, actually, something like the Kingdom Come symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It’s the Kryptonian symbol for fear. spoilers:
    Joking, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they gave that as a reason, like saying “House Zod struck fear into the enemies of Krypton
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Well, that's certainly already the closest Zod's ever come to interesting.
    Buh-bye

Oooo, so a take where he doesn't have logic defying tunnel vision at his core?

Also can't help but notice Zod's dream of a united Krypton is similar to the United Planets. I have to again wonder if Bendis is setting Zod up to be part of it in some way (inducting in New Krypton to the UP?) and how Jax will fit into things.

I kind of hope we follow Zod the whole issue.

Also can't help but notice Zod's dream of a united Krypton is similar to the United Planets. I have to again wonder if Bendis is setting Zod up to be part of it in some way (inducting in New Krypton to the UP?) and how Jax will fit into things.

I'd love it if this led to a New Krypton story done well. Tying it into the UP would be perfect.

Master Hero Vladimir

I wonder Bendis will try to introduce moral ambiguity to Zod, like the New Krypton saga did.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

I don't know, Zod teamed up with the Lanterns a few months back to battle the Darkstars. He definitely seems willing to take a stand against anything that threatens his will, whoever it may be. And I'm sure he hates Rogol so.....

And ya know what? I'm actually liking Bendis so far on Superman and Action, as far as A list writers at DC go, so far he's done a solid job. Hasn't killed anyone needlessly or written anyone badly out of character, and I kinda like how he's using characters like Maggie Sawyer and interacting with more "normals".
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying