Page 256 of 613 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 9194
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still see something like this as the ultimate resolution:
    As Doomsday Clock nears its end, some titles have crossover issues. Superman will be among them. All things with the Superman/Jor-El situation come to a head when Jor-El finds a way to use his Mr. Oz mojo against Manhattan. The changes he made to Superman's history are altered, and Jor-El shares a goodbye with his son as he's transported back to the moment of Krypton's destruction with Lara. He dies with her happily. Superman awakens as if from a dream, and finds that Jon is 10-11 again, and that Jonathan and Martha are alive. Like Reborn he has fleeting memories of something odd that had occurred, but at the same time in general this is his correct like and history.

Timeline changes within a couple years of each other? Yes. Will it make things more confusing? Yes. Will they attempt to streamline it again elsewhere? Probably (Crisis). Will it help? Probably not, it'll just remain confusing and you press forward.
    Hmmmm............I like the idea of the Kents being back. It would help Clark's character.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Jon's new look

(whoops, Sacred beat me to it by seconds)
    Certainly...striking. Again, I have to imagine that if nothing else the suit itself is temporary, because it's such a conspicuously deliberate mish-mash of every gaudy modern update on Superman's suit, and they must know it'd be an unbelievable pain to drawn in and out on a regular basis. And I'll assume that there are going to be personality changes of the sort that'll genuinely unnerve Clark - it's Super-puberty, god knows the kind of moods that brings on - but not as extreme as this is meant to make us believe.
    Buh-bye

Jon's new look

Damn he looks badass! I like the new look. I do not like that he looks to be so much older now though. That’s giving me Chris Kent vibes and how they handled that was really stupid and ended up killing the character.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-16-2018 at 11:13 AM.

BANNED

Timeline changes within a couple years of each other? Yes. Will it make things more confusing? Yes. Will they attempt to streamline it again elsewhere? Probably (Crisis). Will it help? Probably not, it'll just remain confusing and you press forward.
    Would Bendis be OK with his whole first year erased? Or is that why he's willing to go nuts with stunts like Lois putting the great american novel before her family needs and Jon being a wild card?

Astonishing Member

I still see something like this as the ultimate resolution:
    As Doomsday Clock nears its end, some titles have crossover issues. Superman will be among them. All things with the Superman/Jor-El situation come to a head when Jor-El finds a way to use his Mr. Oz mojo against Manhattan. The changes he made to Superman's history are altered, and Jor-El shares a goodbye with his son as he's transported back to the moment of Krypton's destruction with Lara. He dies with her happily. Superman awakens as if from a dream, and finds that Jon is 10-11 again, and that Jonathan and Martha are alive. Like Reborn he has fleeting memories of something odd that had occurred, but at the same time in general this is his correct like and history.

Yeah. It's possible a retcon will happen soon.

The situation with Jon after a retcon will probably depend on his reception.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-16-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Would Bendis be OK with his whole first year erased? Or is that why he's willing to go nuts with stunts like Lois putting the great american novel before her family needs and Jon being a wild card?
    Bendis wrote an Original Sin tie-in arc for X-Men that dragged on for months and ended with the whole thing being retconned out, so I’d say yes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bendis wrote an Original Sin tie-in arc for X-Men that dragged on for months and ended with the whole thing being retconned out, so I’d say yes.
    Good call. I remember that.

Honestly, it's becoming more and more likely that Bendis was given a couple of general editorial edicts to implement as he saw fit, one of which was deemphasize the family dynamic between the characters. The "status quo" we're going to end up with is a Lois & Clark together, but not on the page, and Jon as independent as possible so he doesn't have to be parented in a manner that requires it to be part of the books.

Whether he ends up shipped off to the future to work with a new Legion or shunted off entirely, who knows. And whether or not Bendis decides to blow up the public Lois & Clark marriage over a picture of Lois kissing Superman on the street sometime next year remains to be seen. But Doomsday Clock is just as likely to be taking place before Bendis' run at this point as it is to be a reset button.

Astonishing Member

I don't know why do you think the current Superman is after the events of Doomsday Clock.

I mean I don't see any hint about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't know why do you think Superman is after the events of Doomsday Clock.

Jor El's entire role is completely inconsistent with his final appearance when he was taken by Manhattan. Bendis has stated in interviews that certain things with certain unnamed characters in his books will make sense once Doomsday Clock finishes and he has been careful to not spoil what Geoff Johns is doing there. Lois's presence at the Daily Planet in Doomsday Clock and Heroes in Crisis would also be explained by setting it afterwards.

The "One Year Later" aspect of Doomsday Clock was set out well before Bendis was involved and was when we would have been expecting the final issue right about now. That old statement, that no one really has repeated for a long time and the presence of the trunks in the more recent issues are the only indications that it takes place after Bendis's run.
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-16-2018 at 11:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't know why do you think the current Superman is after the events of Doomsday Clock.

He's not the only one to have this theory. I think Sacred might have been leaning on it at one point.

The lack of any information on where Clark is at this stage (who's pivotal to the story) is quite frustrating. Batman's outfit is basically the only proof we have that it's set a year on from what Tom King is doing.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Hahaha Bendis has an almost unanimously enjoyed issue in Superman issue 5. The cover for issue 8 gets out there to and the oncoming storm ensues lol All the "will Lois divorce Clark" have died almost completely down, but now it's time for "does Jon become the new Superboy Prime" speculation for the next 3 months. Gird your loins, everyone lol

But in terms of the actual look? After Lois' words to Clark about Jon hitting puberty so quickly I was just about convinced on the taller Jon pic being his reality. I'm happy to say that I ended up calling that Bendis would have Reis go for a Miles Morales lanky but strong build. The suit is pretty aesthetically pleasing, but not practical in terms of artist to artist rendering, so, like DOT, I'm expecting a streaming down the line. Lots of shades of Gleason's version of what a traditional suit for Jon would look like. The way the cape makes a cloak-ish effect is nice. Funny enough, I think you can still see the zipper line on the S like his old suit.

In terms of that...striking image (lol)? I'm detecting a pretty strong misdirect/this is what a situation feels like for the character. For example, Superman issue 5 has Zod in it, yes, and he and Clark are in opposition to Zaar, but the actual cover never happens. It's more an idea of the solidarity between Zod and Kal against Zaar, and a slight call out to Zod's visions in the actual comic.

So, my theory is that once Jon gets back and has all of these new opinions and and views that may contrast his dad's, Clark will be pretty worried about his son. But the clincher, I think, will be Clark thinking about Zaar being a half Kryptonian similar to Jon. Add that with the idea of his son being so drastically different physically and coming in with new idea, and you get a worst case dream of some sort from Clark. Again, this is all oddly similar to the Superman 225 imaginary story in a lot of respects.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon's new look

Wow! I don't think, I am going to like this guy. I am going to try read the book without preconceived notions or try fight the feeling that, I am not going to like this.But I don't think will be able to. Maybe this is the end of Jon Kent, atleast for me.From now on just going to read the book for clark. Oh well, I still have supersons for jon till it lasts.

It’s less the costume and conflict with his dad (both sound cool in my book) and more so that he looks way too old. He looks like he’s Conner’s age now. That’s going to have a negative impact on the dynamic between him and Damian. And of course like I mentioned, they did something similar to this with Chris and that ended horribly. Will this do better? Maybe, but I’d have preferred they not aged Jon up at all. Especially now that they’re bringing Kon back who is supposed to be the older teen Superboy.

Jon's new look

Kill it with Kryptonite.