Page 269 of 613 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Same.

* It was a really good one too. Really enjoyed everything he had to say about Lois, and Lois and Clark. The idea that the world is aspiring to be Superman, but Clark is aspiring to be Lois is a really powerful and nice sentiment. Bendis said that as soon as Clark gets to the Planet after deciding on the job that had nothing to do with his birthright, he sees Lois and he sees the template for what he needs to be in this aspect of his life. And I also like that he makes a point to say that he's not perfect.

* Loved that he basically confirmed that the Leviathan event script on Perry's desk was literally what he sent in for approval lol All signs point to Alex freakin' Maleev doing art for a Superman event in the near future!!

* Really dug his words on marriages in fictional, and how they weren't the death sentence that some think they are. As already assumed, he wants to tap into the messy, suspenseful, and unique partnership that he did with Luke and Jessica. He described Action Comics 1004 as only the opening to an extended statement on marriage in comics and Lois and Clark, so it'll be coming more and more in focus as the issues go by.

* He confirms that you can in fact liken Jon's situation to a child with special needs in the sense that accommodations need to be made, and you need to actively restructure and compromise when bringing him up. He didn't say this in the podcast, but this is very reminiscent of Riri's situation at the start.

* Jon and Conner will be meeting, and Wonder Comics and the Superman books will have connective tissue due to being in the same editorial group.
    I also liked the bit where he talked about working with Pat Gleason on Action Comics feeling weird because of the deep partnership Gleason had with Tomasi. Which led to Young Justice so they could work on something together.

Naomi sounds interesting as well.
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-21-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Same.

* It was a really good one too. Really enjoyed everything he had to say about Lois, and Lois and Clark. The idea that the world is aspiring to be Superman, but Clark is aspiring to be Lois is a really powerful and nice sentiment. Bendis said that as soon as Clark gets to the Planet after deciding on the job that had nothing to do with his birthright, he sees Lois and he sees the template for what he needs to be in this aspect of his life. And I also like that he makes a point to say that he's not perfect.

* Loved that he basically confirmed that the Leviathan event script on Perry's desk was literally what he sent in for approval lol All signs point to Alex freakin' Maleev doing art for a Superman event in the near future!!

* Really dug his words on marriages in fictional, and how they weren't the death sentence that some think they are. As already assumed, he wants to tap into the messy, suspenseful, and unique partnership that he did with Luke and Jessica. He described Action Comics 1004 as only the opening to an extended statement on marriage in comics and Lois and Clark, so it'll be coming more and more in focus as the issues go by.

* He confirms that you can in fact liken Jon's situation to a child with special needs in the sense that accommodations need to be made, and you need to actively restructure and compromise when bringing him up. He didn't say this in the podcast, but this is very reminiscent of Riri's situation at the start.

* Jon and Conner will be meeting, and Wonder Comics and the Superman books will have connective tissue due to being in the same editorial group.
    thanks for the notes. Like MilesToGo said, it's just about the execution. As much I was excited for AC 1004, it could have been written a lot better to explain the situation Bendis was setting up. Instead, it left a lot of us confused and unsettled. That said, i am still excited for everything coming up, as I have enjoyed most of the run besides that so far. And I am still really excited about wonder comics, it's interesting we thought it would just be dial h for hero and that naomi book connecting to superman, but it seems like that entire line will have ties to the character.

This may sound funny coming from me, but I'm a little bummed Conner's going to meet Jon after the changes. The big brother element could be lost. I mean, unless again the cover to #8 is just happens to have him looking older than he really is.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This may sound funny coming from me, but I'm a little bummed Conner's going to meet Jon after the changes. The big brother element could be lost. I mean, unless again the cover to #8 is just happens to have him looking older than he really is.
    It's Jon the big brother now.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I'm sure the Superman fans on this forum are all nice and reasonable people who are open to new ways to interpret Superman's character and history, which is an obvious necessity when we consider that Superman has been around for 80 years and some creativity is required when crafting new stories and adventures. But there are some people, occasionally labeled as fanboys, want their forms of entertainment to satisfy their needs and not subvert their expectations in any way. If something doesn't line up to their way of thinking, they complain about it, and in the most extreme of cases, claim they are done with the franchise. Obviously, fans are not obligated to like every little thing DC does with Superman, and the so-called "fanboys" are entitled to their own opinions, but I'm not sure how to separate those people from the more reasonable, open-minded fans who at the very least give DC and Bendis the benefit of the doubt. I'm not even sure if the people who dislike Bendis' new stories are vocal minority or a sizeable crowd. Like I said before, we are all entitled to our opinions.
    Oh, we're not nice or reasonable at all.

Nah man, plenty of us here are willing to see what Bendis does and judge it on its own merits. Some of us aren't. And that's only one of many schisms here that we argue about on a daily basis. Just ask folks about the trunks, the marriage, lethal force, social crusader v. sci-fi messiah, pre-Crisis or post-Crisis.....we can't even reach a full consensus on the 90's mullet! Superman has one of the most divisive fanbases in DC. We're not nearly as bad as Diana's or Green Lantern's but we're probably about as bad as the Flash fandom. We are however, one of the most passionate fanbases I think. People like their favorite characters......but we *love* Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I'm actually hoping Bruce and Damian dont show up. Infact I'm hoping the Bleeding Cool rumour that this arc will crossover with Batman books doesn't pan out. Its bad enough that Bendis controls the Super books, dont need the Bat office beholden to his gimmicks. Besides his fault that Superman doesn't even have a line anymore to create a crossover.
    The less Batman in my Superman comics, the better. But a story involving Leviathan? If we somehow get out of it without Bruce showing up, I will eat my keyboard.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, we're not nice or reasonable at all.

Nah man, plenty of us here are willing to see what Bendis does and judge it on its own merits. Some of us aren't. And that's only one of many schisms here that we argue about on a daily basis. Just ask folks about the trunks, the marriage, lethal force, social crusader v. sci-fi messiah, pre-Crisis or post-Crisis.....we can't even reach a full consensus on the 90's mullet! Superman has one of the most divisive fanbases in DC. We're not nearly as bad as Diana's or Green Lantern's but we're probably about as bad as the Flash fandom. We are however, one of the most passionate fanbases I think. People like their favorite characters......but we *love* Superman.

The less Batman in my Superman comics, the better. But a story involving Leviathan? If we somehow get out of it without Bruce showing up, I will eat my keyboard.
    Yes, our love for Superman shouldn't be questioned, even if we can't agree on what role Superman could play within a fictional story or the ideals he could represent in real life. That's the beauty of fandom. I'll do my best to keep an open mind about what Bendis intends to with the Superman universe; and so far, aside from Rogol Zaar's presentation, Bendis hasn't done anything to disappoint me. I understand that some of people have some strong opinions about Bendis and Superman and are not gonna be happy with whatever Bendis does with the Superman universe no matter what, and if that's their stance, that's their stance. Honestly, I don't think Bendis would be able to unify the splintered Superman fandom, even if he delivers the best Superman stories of this generation. I mean, it could be done, but then again, that argument goes both ways. In the end, his stories will be simply another chapter in the long history of Superman, and that's what happens when you write other people's characters in a huge shared universe.

Also, Batman's appearances in the Superman universe should be kept to a minimum. Superman: American Alien implied that Batman somehow inspired Clark to become Superman, and that's something I take offense to. I understand that the beauty of a shared universe is that characters can freely interact with each other without looking weird, but making Batman a constant presence in the Superman mythos somehow diminishes Superman's agency and independence as a character and as a franchise.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Also, Batman's appearances in the Superman universe should be kept to a minimum. Superman: American Alien implied that Batman somehow inspired Clark to become Superman, and that's something I take offense to. I understand that the beauty of a shared universe is that characters can freely interact with each other without looking weird, but making Batman a constant presence in the Superman mythos somehow diminishes Superman's agency and independence as a character and as a franchise.
    Pardon me,but where does it imply that?I don't remember reading it.Clark took his cape,made a flying gear attire and combined it with knee-elbow pad...etc made a costume.It was little Dick grayson who gave him the idea to be a symbol,touting how ineffective The Bat as a Symbol of fear is.Clark was helping people,even before that.From what i remember,Clark hated the Bat.For him,The Bat was sort of a stalker.Clark doesn't even know meaning of the "s" symbol in that universe.He used it like a S.O.S signal to his birth parents and people,which he knows are aliens.

It wasn't Just Batman,Landis was trying to build a universe.He had characters from other IP's referenced or make appearence as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-21-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Yes, our love for Superman shouldn't be questioned, even if we can't agree on what role Superman could play within a fictional story or the ideals he could represent in real life. That's the beauty of fandom. I'll do my best to keep an open mind about what Bendis intends to with the Superman universe; and so far, aside from Rogol Zaar's presentation, Bendis hasn't done anything to disappoint me. I understand that some of people have some strong opinions about Bendis and Superman and are not gonna be happy with whatever Bendis does with the Superman universe no matter what, and if that's their stance, that's their stance. Honestly, I don't think Bendis would be able to unify the splintered Superman fandom, even if he delivers the best Superman stories of this generation. I mean, it could be done, but then again, that argument goes both ways. In the end, his stories will be simply another chapter in the long history of Superman, and that's what happens when you write other people's characters in a huge shared universe.

Honestly Bruce or Batman doesn't have a real role in American Alien. Clark spends more time with Ollie and Dick and they inspire him more. Clark uses Bruce's cape but that's because Clark's first outfit was a DIY outfit than genuine inspiration.

Bruce debuted earlier but that's not a new trend.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Same.

Also picked up while listening: Question's involvement in Action #1005 will involve spoilers:
    an H-Dial
    end of spoilers, and the 100/1000/whatever they are now will also poke their heads in.
    Buh-bye

Pretty excited to see the Question.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

....we can't even reach a full consensus on the 90's mullet!
    Oh, we've reached a consensus. It was both awful and glorious. The super-mullet was gloriously awful.

I'll do my best to keep an open mind about what Bendis intends to with the Superman universe; and so far, aside from Rogol Zaar's presentation, Bendis hasn't done anything to disappoint me.
    That's all any of us should do.

If you don't like it, whatever. That's perfectly okay, yknow? But might as well give it an honest chance. Otherwise you're missing out, and for what?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Oh, we've reached a consensus. It was both awful and glorious. The super-mullet was gloriously awful.
    So bad it's good! Entertaining for the wrong reasons! Worth watching just for a laugh! I hope I'm making sense here.
    That's all any of us should do.

If you don't like it, whatever. That's perfectly okay, yknow? But might as well give it an honest chance. Otherwise you're missing out, and for what?
    Hopefully, Bendis will up the ante.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So bad it's good! Entertaining for the wrong reasons! Worth watching just for a laugh! I hope I'm making sense here.
    You are making more sense than those poor deluded souls who still claim it wasn't a mullet

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It was beautiful and I pray for it’s return every day. Well that and the Electric Blue suit.