Page 272 of 613 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 9194
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    good interview, he seems to hint another writer is going to be using lois and highlighting her as important as well, I'm guessing he's referring to tom king writing her in heroes in crisis.

Also, yeah, we can chalk up out of character Lois in AC 1004 up to Bendis just writing romance awkwardly, he definitely makes it sound like there is nothing to worry about there.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hope this is just a time travel story and Jon gets back to his previous status, after the arc is finished with Clark and Lois. I am going to love seeing a devastated Clark and Lois investigating his son, thinking in the back of his head of how he lost years of his son's life.Them comparing there old son with the returned. How copes with the change will thrill to read.
    Based on how Bendis talked about if it isn't a time travel story, I'm gonna go with it not being that. I think Jon will stay as a teen. We'll probably get some event in a few months where he will have to become a boy again though.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    good interview, he seems to hint another writer is going to be using lois and highlighting her as important as well, I'm guessing he's referring to tom king writing her in heroes in crisis.

Also, yeah, we can chalk up out of character Lois in AC 1004 up to Bendis just writing romance awkwardly, he definitely makes it sound like there is nothing to worry about there.

Based on how Bendis talked about if it isn't a time travel story, I'm gonna go with it not being that. I think Jon will stay as a teen. We'll probably get some event in a few months where he will have to become a boy again though.
    If Bendis isn't good at writing romance, maybe he can get help from an editor. Also, I hope Jon's teenage phase is meaningful and isn't done purely out of shock value.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    If Bendis isn't good at writing romance, maybe he can get help from an editor. Also, I hope Jon's teenage phase is meaningful and isn't done purely out of shock value.
    I think Jon as a teen will be ok, it's clear Bendis is trying to calm angry fans down in the interview.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Oh well, atleast the arc for Clark and Lois will be good. I don't think, i am gonna like the new Jon,purely based on speculation from the cover. It is going to be a hard read, if it is written as stereotypical teenage angst.

BANNED

I think Jon as a teen will be ok, it's clear Bendis is trying to calm angry fans down in the interview.
    Doubtful anyone will take any positive vibes from "Lois and Clark will deal with a real tragedy", people will just laser target that part of the interview and use it as evidence Bendis is out to destroy the family.

Not even a hint of the the latter there. Which is even more irking. And considering when he wrote Lois, he couldn't even fit in a "Smallville" in between all of the "baby's", color me concerned.

Doomsday Clock as well. I thought at one time it was said that Lois was going to play a role in sorting out the Superman theory and the issues with the characters from the Watchmen Universe.

The thing is, Bendis is usually better at writing romance and married characters. Jessica and Luke were pretty great. His issues of Ultimate Spider-Man with Peter and MJ were excellent, particularly in the beginning. Action 1004 was just really awkward. Plus, he said he couldn't have been any clearer that they were in love if she turned to the camera and said "We aren't breaking up. I'm madly in love with you." I mean, she did say "We aren't breaking up," its just that the situation he set up you couldn't trust that statement in the context.

Astonishing Member

I like all the Lois stuff, Clark the reporter stuff, not so much the aged Jon stuff. I'm hoping it's time travel. I would hate for Superman to miss out on YEARS of his son growing up, no matter how you slice it. I'm sure there's a great story to be told about an older Jon, unfortunately I don't see myself open to it at the moment.

Edit: Hopefully he'll expand his vocabulary of terms of endearments because "baby" is just too grating for me when it come to Lois & Clark. "Smallville" will do nicely if he insists on using just one.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 11-26-2018 at 11:11 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not even a hint of the the latter there. Which is even more irking. And considering when he wrote Lois, he couldn't even fit in a "Smallville" in between all of the "baby's", color me concerned.
    Bad dialogues have been part and parcel of the Bendis run. It is not just Lois, that is affected by it. That is just his writing style. I don 't think, it is intensional. I believe bendis has read enough Lois, to know how she talks.First issues with Lois in man of Steel mini were good.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Bad dialogues have been part and parcel of the Bendis run. It is not just Lois, that is affected by it. That is just his writing style. I don 't think, it is intensional. I believe bendis has read enough Lois, to know how she talks.First issues with Lois in man of Steel mini were good.
    I think he was trying to show them being super affectionate, since they were alone together the whole issue. But yeah, it was grating.

Master Hero Vladimir

Look, we can make solid, educated guesses about what Bendis is trying to accomplish with the Superman books from solicitations, covers and his comments in the media but ultimately, the comic books will have the final word on Bendis' work and legacy. For now, I'll try to keep an open mind and a positive attitude.

EDIT- nevermind.

already posted.

Still saying Red Cloud is going to end up being Cat Grant. All the new female characters are red herrings. We'll find out she's been involved with the underground for years, ever since Adam's death. Using the criminal element for what she considers to be battling the criminal element in her way. At some point very recently, she gained this superpower. She has just as much a connection to Lois as does Clark, and its heavily hinted here Red Cloud indeed at least knows Lois. There's also Lucy, but she hasn't been seen nor even spoken of in this run yet. Cat has, albeit briefly. In fact its brief nature makes me think even more that it was the subtle set-up.

Speaking of her...look I like Lois. I really do, I always have. She has a legacy and is a female icon. But narratively, its gets a little out there with things like her being the most important character in the DCU. I mean if its just a symbolism thing, again because of her iconic nature, okay. And I also get they want to do something important with her now of all times considering the real world climate and this war on reporters that a certain someone has started. But I can't help but be afraid its going to turn out as contrived if the idea is trying to make it an actual narrative point. Because within the lore of the DC Universe...she just isn't. Its not a slight on her, its the same thing as pointing out Alfred isn't the most important character in the DCU. He's great too, the mythos of the total universe just doesn't revolve around either character. I hope I'm just getting ahead of myself. Maybe its just a situation where she has info that she has to be careful about when and how to release it so Superman and the rest of the heroes can do their thing and have a chance. A big weight and responsibility in that regard. I could buy something like that.

Also, am I just reading this wrong? When Bendis talks about the Question, he says we're going to find out what they know (bolded mine) that Clark doesn't. They, as in more than one Question? To stop beating around the bush, is Vic and Renee going to be in this?

As far as Jon and Clark, again I know I"m going to be in the minority on this, but a story about Clark's heartbreak over missing out on his son's formative years sounds a hell of a lot more intriguing than anything I've read with them before. Outside of Jon actually being de-aged back into a baby and doing Clark and Lois as new parents right, this is probably the best shot at me getting invested in him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-26-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Makes sense to pit Red Cloud against Clark Kent instead of Superman. Seeing as if they were to ever fight, Superman can just blow her away. Wait did that sound dirty?

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Still saying Red Cloud is going to end up being Cat Grant. All the new female characters are red herrings. We'll find out she's been involved with the underground for years, ever since Adam's death. Using the criminal element for what she considers to be battling the criminal element in her way. At some point very recently, she gained this superpower. She has just as much a connection to Lois as does Clark, and its heavily hinted here Red Cloud indeed at least knows Lois. There's also Lucy, but she hasn't been seen nor even spoken of in this run yet. Cat has, albeit briefly. In fact its brief nature makes me think even more that it was the subtle set-up.

Speaking of her...look I like Lois. I really do, I always have. She has a legacy and is a female icon. But narratively, its gets a little out there with things like her being the most important character in the DCU. I mean if its just a symbolism thing, again because of her iconic nature, okay. And I also get they want to do something important with her now of all times considering the real world climate and this war on reporters that a certain someone has started. But I can't help but be afraid its going to turn out as contrived if the idea is trying to make it an actual narrative point. Because within the lore of the DC Universe...she just isn't. Its not a slight on her, its the same thing as pointing out Alfred isn't the most important character in the DCU. He's great too, the mythos of the total universe just doesn't revolve around either character. I hope I'm just getting ahead of myself. Maybe its just a situation where she has info that she has to be careful about when and how to release it so Superman and the rest of the heroes can do their thing and have a chance. A big weight and responsibility in that regard. I could buy something like that.

Also, am I just reading this wrong? When Bendis talks about the Question, he says we're going to find out what they know (bolded mine) that Clark doesn't. They, as in more than one Question? To stop beating around the bush, is Vic and Renee going to be in this?

As far as Jon and Clark, again I know I"m going to be in the minority on this, but a story about Clark's heartbreak over missing out on his son's formative years sounds a hell of a lot more intriguing than anything I've read with them before. Outside of Jon actually being de-aged back into a baby and doing Clark and Lois as new parents right, this is probably the best shot at me getting invested in him.
    Some hyperbole is to be expected when propping up or propelling a specific character forward for the purposes of a new story. No one will deny Lois and Alfred's importance to both Superman and Batman, but they live in a huge universe populated with characters that have their own histories and legacies. Not every character has the same impact with the audience. I can only hope Lois remains a significant part of the Superman mythos as the Bendis era moves forward.

And yes, it would be interesting to see how Superman handles his son's return. Obviously, Bendis has to push creative boundaries if he wants to deliver good stories starring Clark and his family.