Page 274 of 613 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 9194

Crime Syndicate being mentioned in regards to Jon suggests he and Jor-El traversed the multiverse during their sojourn.

Who knows, maybe it'll end up being that this is Earth-3 Jon all along.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Crime Syndicate being mentioned in regards to Jon suggests he and Jor-El traversed the multiverse during their sojourn.

Who knows, maybe it'll end up being that this is Earth-3 Jon all along.
    This is odd coming from me, since I made it clear that I think turning Jon into a disfigured 17 year old war veteran is a terrible, god awful idea. But at the same time the guy should avoid spoiling his twist in an interview just to reassure fans. We’re more patient than we seem...well some of us.

Well, of course bear in mind this is nothing but spit balling. Highly likely that isn't the case at all and this is just Jon.

But, perhaps instead of something like embracing one side of his heritage over another, maybe what he starts to have issues with is the superhero career in general? Maybe things he saw makes him jaded to the whole concept?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    This is odd coming from me, since I made it clear that I think turning Jon into a disfigured 17 year old war veteran is a terrible, god awful idea. But at the same time the guy should avoid spoiling his twist in an interview just to reassure fans. We’re more patient than we seem...well some of us.
    Well, when you had DC Nation saying things like Jon's interactions with his parents wouldn't be a pleasant experience, perhaps Bendis feels it wasn't best representing his intentions. The marketing for the Superman line has been pretty clickbaity the last couple of instances. AC#1004 being another example.

Yeah, whoever has been writing the solicits has been leaning hard into Bendis's reputation for blowing up status quo's when he takes on new characters. And he's addressed what he feels are misrepresentations of what he's doing pretty regularly to try an dispel certain misconceptions.

I wonder what we "haven't had in the modern era" that he's bringing in with the Unity Saga. He's already said we're getting a precursor to the United Planets or Science Police. We've had plenty of Crime Syndicate stories as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well, when you had DC Nation saying things like Jon's interactions with his parents wouldn't be a pleasant experience, perhaps Bendis feels it wasn't best representing his intentions. The marketing for the Superman line has been pretty clickbaity the last couple of instances. AC#1004 being another example.
    Nah that’s pretty consistent with the other recent interview where he mentioned that Lois and Clark are going to be heartbroken when they see what happened. Here Bendis is just assuring people that he’s not going to be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, whoever has been writing the solicits has been leaning hard into Bendis's reputation for blowing up status quo's when he takes on new characters. And he's addressed what he feels are misrepresentations of what he's doing pretty regularly to try an dispel certain misconceptions.

I wonder what we "haven't had in the modern era" that he's bringing in with the Unity Saga. He's already said we're getting a precursor to the United Planets or Science Police. We've had plenty of Crime Syndicate stories as well.
    Always room for more in my book though! I love seeing those guys be dicks to one another. We never got Superwoman’s origin either.

Isn't Earth 3 still destroyed after the Anti-Monitor trashed it?

They can work around that. Its stupid that it has to be worked around, Johns wiping it out like it was only toys he was allowed to play with was arrogant as hell, but nonetheless it can be worked around.

I'm not sure if Bendis would even bother working around that, he's the guy that casually dropped Lex being an ex-President again.

I would agree, if he uses them again he probably wouldn't even explain it, but that is indeed one way of working around it. Working around it by just not explaining it, lol. The thing is though with everything in flux like it is with the transference back to the pre-Flashpoint world still not completed, you can especially get away with that right now. Still falling into the category of laziness perhaps? Sure, but there's precedence for further suspension of disbelief at the same time.

BANNED

AC#1006 cover by Francis Manapul.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nice interview. A few take aways:

* Red Cloud being able to so thoroughly counter Superman physically is apparently what's going to change her standing in the DCU. Kind of like if a rookie athlete totally gets the better of a seasoned athlete at the height of their career. That rookie's gonna be looked at way more now, and please believe that clip will be replayed over and over. I have to wonder if this might go to Goode's head, and she gets sloppy over time because of it?

* I love me a cracked mirror villain, and this is a surprisingly organic inverse of Clark because it's just straight up rooted in actual history. Goode working at the Planet to specifically hide the truth, cover up tracks, and besmirch Superman when she can is a great inverse to Clark's reasons for being a reporter. I'm really hoping for some spy vs spy stuff between the two down the line.

* "ThereÂ’s a connection between Gemworld technology and Kryptonian technology. They are both crystal based." Super, super hyped for this. Can't believe its never been done before. I wonder if that's part of the reason why Conner is there?

* I like what I'm hearing about Jon so far. A labored and nuanced story about the characters and the family is the type of thing I want when you're characterizing this lost time as a tragedy.

* This secret between Jor-El and Jon sounds very, very interesting. Intrestingly enough, depending on how long they were out there, Jon now has more of a relationship with Jor-El than Clark ever has. I'm reading through Bendis' Guardians run now, and I'm seeing quite a few callbacks. When I'm done maybe I'll list them out and find some parallels.

* Crime Syndicate seems to indicate not only that Jon and Jor-El went outside of our universe, but that this might be where the Val-Zod stuff is coming from. Also interesting that Bendis specifically says "Zod and the Phantom Zone" while he's flat out said that Val-Zod will be in the run. I wonder if he's planning on having Val meet his Earth-0 father.

* I also wonder if Jor-El took Jon to other universe to alleviate his fears or maybe show him what he's capable of? One thing is for sure, Jon's coming back with a WHOLE bunch of lore and pockets for future story for years to come given that his time out there was extended and his travels were so expansive.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    * Crime Syndicate seems to indicate not only that Jon and Jor-El went outside of our universe, but that this might be where the Val-Zod stuff is coming from. Also interesting that Bendis specifically says "Zod and the Phantom Zone" while he's flat out said that Val-Zod will be in the run. I wonder if he's planning on having Val meet his Earth-0 father.
    Nice analysis/thoughts as always, but when did Bendis confirm Val Zod would be in the run?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Nice analysis/thoughts as always, but when did Bendis confirm Val Zod would be in the run?
    Thanks! It was actually during a panel at NYCC. He unambigiously says Val-Zod will be in his Superman run in some form.

The multiverse hints in his run have been pretty strong (specifically in Man of Steel), and with Snyder saying that he along with some other(s) writer will be making use of Superboy Prime makes me wonder what Bendis multiversal components will look like, ya know? If Jon and Jor-El are in fact traveling the multiverse as well as space, and Bendis is saying that Jon and Conner's meeting is something he's building to, then I hope we get a spiritual successor to Superboy Hypertension.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.