Page 279 of 613 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 9194
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    And there is a decent chance that this will kill any chances of the characters staying power like it did with Chris.

I think you loose more storytelling possibilities than you get this way

Either way I think this is a bad marketing decition
    DC has tons of teenage characters they don't have so many children.
    So is this being dumb, is it Bendis's ego, or do they want to get rid of Jon like they did with Chris

If they only wanted drama they could have easily used Kon for it
    I have been saying samething from the start. I am of the same sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    It's still basically killing one of the few child characters they have for "cheap" drama

I'm always of the opinion that Elseworlds are there for stories like this not the main continuity
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I have been saying samething from the start. I am of the same sentiment
    This won’t do Jon any favors come the next reboot. Time travel shenanigans or not, a 17ish year old Jon still ages Clark in a sense. I always thought him being younger than Damian gave the kid a certain level of protection since Damian is too big to get rid of now. That will no longer be the case now. Bendis just made it easier to justify getting rid of Jon while keeping Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    This won’t do Jon any favors come the next reboot. Time travel shenanigans or not, a 17ish year old Jon still ages Clark in a sense. I always thought him being younger than Damian gave the kid a certain level of protection since Damian is too big to get rid of now. That will no longer be the case now. Bendis just made it easier to justify getting rid of Jon while keeping Damian.
    And people ask why superfamily is not big or as well known as other families in DC like the bat family or flash family. Because it always reverts back to just Clark and maybe Kara, when it reboots. And it always reboots.

Superfamily always shrinks, Dr. Manhattan or not.This is the real tragedy of Clark's meta life
    Atleast Kara and Kon are safe now due to other media representation.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-30-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Kon93

I'm gonna go with Bendis will do a good job at making us "feel" for Clark and lois when older Jon shows up,and I'm sure there will be some good stories,BUT we ALL are losing way more than we are gaining.

Astonishing Member

I am doing my darndest to stay positive with this Jon development but IT'S SO HARD!

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I'm gonna go with Bendis will do a good job at making us "feel" for Clark and lois when older Jon shows up,and I'm sure there will be some good stories,BUT we ALL are losing way more than we are gaining.
    The permancey of any of this is still very very far from certain. As is the actual age. Bendis has undone his own stories many times. Most recently with Iron Man and War Machine's deaths. In the Ultimate line the deaths of Gwen Stacey and Peter Parker were undone as well.

And I agree losing out on young Jon is a serious loss and very short sighted in DC's part. I think they think they can make it up in other ways, but having the young Jon as a bridge character was a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Shipping him off to the Legion is the best guess I've seen. But that's what make me curious as to how they are going to fit this Jon back on Earth, if at all. Bendis has said he has plans for Jon and Connor to meet, so there seems to be some plan to reincorporate Jon back into the Earth based stories. We probably won't have any idea until the Unity storyline wraps up.
    The great thing about the Legion is Jon can be in the future and the present day at the same time. You could have Jon leave in one panel of Action and return in the next panel, and say that he was with the Legion for weeks.

Then, they should have said so.
    Im pretty sure they did say the Zoom and Ink lines wouldn't be in main continuity. These are books aimed at new audiences, not us.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Im pretty sure they did say the Zoom and Ink lines wouldn't be in main continuity. These are books aimed at new audiences, not us.
    I was talking about adventures of supersons not zoom or ink. Zoom and ink supersons were meant to be out of continuity.it is set in it's own world.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-30-2018 at 07:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I am open to a teenage Jon, I just am very confused at why Bendis & DC would do it, especially when they are bringing Connor back literally the same month lol.

BANNED

The latest Bendis interview, this time with Newsarama

https://www.newsarama.com/42921-bend...tion-more.html

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The latest Bendis interview, this time with Newsarama

https://www.newsarama.com/42921-bend...tion-more.html
    Well if nothing else it sounds like he’s definitely aware of the recent Jon backlash.
    Anyway the mafia leader is the man with the mustache, I’m stumped as to who he really is. He’s a new character but I’m guessing he’s got some kind of connection to an existing character. Wasn’t there set up back in the new 52 for Jimmy Olsen’s Dad was a mobster?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 11-30-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

He is grateful for patience and I think he's been doing his best at earning it. I was most interested in how he'll be handling Robinson going forward. It's like a seal has been lifted off her character development now that we know.

BANNED

If Bendis has every intention of ultimately showing them to be a loving couple, then Lois and Clark will probably make it out of Doomsday Clock still together also...Bendis did say a while ago that by the end of his year-long inaugural arc that Clark and the family will turn out OK, so it'd be pretty pointless to do away with all of that just after Doomsday Clock concludes. Doomsday Clock has always been promoted as a self-contained story too, even if elements from it will officially conclude the Rebirth phase and put things back in play, so the spoilers for Issue 8, where spoilers:
    Public opinion turns against Clark
    end of spoilers should not be an outright concern nor suggests that maybe it shouldn't be necessarily Bendis we distrust with the status quo.

I was talking about adventures of supersons not zoom or ink.
    Oh, my bad.

I thought the current Super Sons was set in continuity, just slightly in the past before the current events of the Super and Bat books?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, my bad.

I thought the current Super Sons was set in continuity, just slightly in the past before the current events of the Super and Bat books?
    Sort of, from the knowledge I got from here. It is basically neither. It is advertised as such but it isn't. I should read it like the old newspaper comic strips