Page 280 of 613 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 9194
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Sort of, from the knowledge I got from here. It is basically neither. It is advertised as such but it isn't. I should read it like the old newspaper comic strips
    Perhaps you should look at all of DC post-Metal as a new continuity seperate from the one we were used to with Jon?

Sort of, from the knowledge I got from here. It is basically neither. It is advertised as such but it isn't. I should read it like the old newspaper comic strips
    I've been reading it, and I dont recall anything that sticks out as being outside continuity?

But really, continuity doesn't exist right now. Things are in a state of flux until this whole Manhattan mega arc is finished. Anything and nothing is in continuity currently, so the Super Sons series could definitely fit, unless I'm forgetting some major contradiction?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It's in continuity, it's just set in the time period after they moved from Hamilton back to Metropolis at the end of the Tomasi/Gleason series before Man of Steel. Basically the time frame of the Superman Special that closed out their run.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's in continuity, it's just set in the time period after they moved from Hamilton back to Metropolis at the end of the Tomasi/Gleason series before Man of Steel. Basically the time frame of the Superman Special that closed out their run.
    That's what I thought.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've been reading it, and I dont recall anything that sticks out as being outside continuity?

But really, continuity doesn't exist right now. Things are in a state of flux until this whole Manhattan mega arc is finished. Anything and nothing is in continuity currently, so the Super Sons series could definitely fit, unless I'm forgetting some major contradiction?
    Doctor Manhattan has nothing to do with Supersons.
    kindly read what I have said.
    If this aging up thing is permanent then. what do you guys think is going to happen to supersons book? Is it going to be just cancelled after the filler mini? Do you guys think anything of the old direction of Jon is going to stick?
    I thought they were going to bring it back.

Man, what a waste. I can't believe I got invested in a character that I knew was not going to last, But that is on me. I started reading the books for superman should have stuck with it.
    That is cool.what is the point of having that adventures of supersons in the past? It will not have any impact on the present storyline. His development in that book is arrested and the stories that tomasi wanted to tell with characters is cut short.The protagonists are not interacting with any of there family members or the larger DCU. The book is direction less.I thought atleast the book would have some meaning(it's comics). At this point, it has become chore to read. Though stories are good. The whimsical fun is a lot better read than a lot of the pretensious nonsense from DC.
    It would be better if it was it's own continuity and Tomasi was given full control of the book and characters of the world. But, i did not expect this. It came out of left field.
    Hey, I am glad your son likes it. My cousin's son does as well. He is 14. If zoom is there why continue the farce with adventures of supersons. It said to be set in continuity, that is blatant false advertising. It has nothing to do with continuity. That is what I am questioning.even with a direction people get bored with books, just imagine a book that does not have any. Sure it can be read like the old comic section of the newspapers that may or may not have Continuity.And It is fun.But that is not what you expect from in continuity book.You expect atleast some sort of ramifications, even if it is small.
    Then, they should have said so. Also make adventures of supersons it's own continuity. So that other characters like clark, Lois and Bruce can appear without hindrance. And it can have a sense of progression. It is called super "sons". It should atleast have interaction with super "fathers and mothers".
    I feel a little cheated. If it was advertised like an out of continuity book like the old silver age(I think) supersons I would not feel this way.
    It was advertised as book that is happening between the last issues of the last run and Man of Steel. So I thought it will have some relevance. And if Tomasi did not have to worry about Bendis and current the Continuity then he would have free reign over Clark in that book. But none of family has even appeared. Books are forced to use just the original characters.
    I know this is comic books and Nothing ever really progresses,even if it did it would be slow.But comicbook writers try to give a sense of progression to the books they write.

These books are not prequel,which builds upon the past of the current event and affect the future,present of characters of continuity.for eg:-superman any of origins.
    Adventures of supersons books are not spinoffs,which builds upon the adventure of a character who might have been a side character or cameo in a book that had a protagonist.
    whenever a crossover happen with the book that it spun off.the adventure of the character will be intact in continuity of the world.for example,any of the multiverse stories,dark multi verse stories or even the first supersons book.

Adventures of supersons book has no relevance(great stories).It is simply like filler(non canon) anime.But,the book itself are great.Aside from the whole beltbuckle confusion the book haven't had any contradiction mainly because the Protagonist(Jon) does not interact with his supporting cast which include Clark and Lois has not appeared,might because new direction(my assumption).

Kon93

The supersons book that is running now is like the power girl and Harley book that ran awhile back.they both are adventures from a pocket of time that they are writing about.its in super sons continuity,just not new.

Doctor Manhattan has nothing to do with Supersons.
    kindly read what I have said.
    Dr. Manhattan has to do with everything in the DCU right now. Every glitch in continuity, tons of subplots, it all ties back to Manhattan and the missing ten years he ripped out of the DCU. When the Manhattan subplot is resolved, continuity gets fixed. Until then, everything and nothing counts as having happened.

I understand what you're saying. I just disagree; Super Sons is in continuity as much as any other DC book, so far as I can tell. The fact that it's self contained doesn't change that. The fact that it's set slightly in the past doesn't change that. It doesn't have to directly reference other titles or have a direct and clear impact on other books within the Super or Bat lines to be in continuity.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-02-2018 at 09:22 AM.

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Dr. Manhattan has to do with everything in the DCU right now. Every glitch in continuity, tons of subplots, it all ties back to Manhattan and the missing ten years he ripped out of the DCU. When the Manhattan subplot is resolved, continuity gets fixed. Until then, everything and nothing counts as having happened.

I understand what you're saying. I just disagree; Super Sons is in continuity as much as any other DC book, so far as I can tell. The fact that it's self contained doesn't change that. The fact that it's set slightly in the past doesn't change that. It doesn't have to directly reference other titles or have a direct and clear impact on other books within the Super or Bat lines to be in continuity.
    I am sure DC will use it to explain continuity errors they made on their own, but it's clear no big reset is being planned for the DCU, tom king just tweeted a few days ago they aren't planning some huge shakeup anytime soon.

Adventures of supersons book has no relevance(great stories).It is simply like filler(non canon) anime.But,the book itself are great.Aside from the whole beltbuckle confusion the book haven't had any contradiction mainly because the Protagonist(Jon) does not interact with his supporting cast which include Clark and Lois has not appeared,might because new direction(my assumption).
    I get what you are saying, but I don't agree that you can't have progression, stakes, or character development in a book set prior to the existing continuity. If Adventures of Super Sons were to continue after the 12 issues, there are definitely ways that they can incorporate storylines and developments from the present continuity to the past. And really there's nothing stopping this book from running for years in its own little pocket of the DCU except people not buying because it "doesn't count."

Particularly if the Bendis series is set after Doomsday Clock, which pushes the whole timeline out a year or more.

And realistically, how integrated has this series been from the beginning? Aside from the Titans story, their adventures were pretty self contained. Marketing wise, there is definitely some value in a self contained series that can skew younger to bring in younger readers and act as a bridge to the main books. Superboy ran for decades alongside the main book.
    Last edited by Yoda; 12-02-2018 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

Particularly if the Bendis series is set after Doomsday Clock, which pushes the whole timeline out a year or more..
    Well, Jon has yet to appear in Doomsday Clock, he's only been mentioned by name, and spoilers:
    he isn't in issue 8 watching Clark's battle with the Russian military on the news with Lois
    end of spoilers

I get what you are saying, but I don't agree that you can't have progression, stakes, or character development in a book set prior to the existing continuity. If Adventures of Super Sons were to continue after the 12 issues, there are definitely ways that they can incorporate storylines and developments from the present continuity to the past. And really there's nothing stopping this book from running for years in its own little pocket of the DCU except people not buying because it "doesn't count."

Particularly if the Bendis series is set after Doomsday Clock, which pushes the whole timeline out a year or more.

And realistically, how integrated has this series been from the beginning? Aside from the Titans story, their adventures were pretty self contained. Marketing wise, there is definitely some value in a self contained series that can skew younger to bring in younger readers and act as a bridge to the main books. Superboy ran for decades alongside the main book.
    I thought Bendis's run is leading upto Doomsday clock.
    Dude, Clark, Lois, Bruce even talia appeared in the books. It had a sense of progression to it.
    I am not saying that at all prequel, origins do have an impact on continuity moving forward. I said that previously, this series does not. Anything in the book is not relevant Anything in the book will not impact Jon or Damian in any small way in the present.None of his support cast has appeared not even Kathy or maya. If it is running in it`s own pocket dimensions I would love it,if the series intents to continue, then supporting cast should there. It should be allowed to do whatever it wants with Clark, Lois, Kathy, maya.. Etc. It should be allowed to have a direction and sense of progression, regardless of main continuity like dc zoom supersons.

I don't see the point of book continuing as it is now. I don't know if they are going to because of zoom and ink.since they might not want two books with similar characters and are both selfcontained.both having similar demographic.

The book is self contained, like most of harley or deadpool books are perceived as, which was not what I thought it will be.
    Jon went to space alone(without adult supervision ) in this book. Clark has been portrayed competent enough to find that out in past where Jon, even though he has made some errors. Clark or Lois has always found out where Jon was after a time frame. but in man of Steel series Clark doesn't want to send Jon to space alone and Jon is excited to go, who has already done that once. From the stand point of bendis books these books are irrelevant.

Anyways, I don't know whether this derailing the thread. This has nothing to do with Bendis. So maybe I should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well, Jon has yet to appear in Doomsday Clock, he's only been mentioned by name, and spoilers:
    he isn't in issue 8 watching Clark's battle with the Russian military on the news with Lois
    end of spoilers
    Doomsday Clock 8 spoilers:

spoilers:
    I caught that as well. I don't know if that means Jon is still out of the picture at this point of Doomsday Clock or he just doesn't fit with the story enough to be used on panel. If they use him as a kid though, and I think if the rest of the series is going to be Clark and Lois focused he'd almost have to be, that fits with my theory that this run is set afterwards.

I know my theory is far fetched, but the trunks are really the only hitch and they showed up in the Superman Special which takes place before Man of Steel. And Bendis's comment on the latest word balloon that fans have latched onto one of the deliberately misleading easter eggs in the Action Comics desk pages really made me think it's not that far fetched at all.

I mean, King's Batman seems to be dovetailing into the anti-Batman sentiment we saw earlier as well given the last issue had him and Gordon having a fall out. So some books are kinda setting it up now.

I'm full of Doomsday Clock theories. My crazier theory is that what we have seen so far is actually the lead up to Manhattan creating Flashpoint with Issue 9 after confronting and defeating the Justice League.

Editing in to add that I just looked at the dates on the issue of the Daily Planet and it clearly says June 2019. So if DC is moving into its end game its occurring at the same time as the Levithan event and next summers Justice League event.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Yoda; 12-02-2018 at 01:47 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I have a hypothetical regarding Jon's direction going forward that I'd like to get some thoughts on, if that's okay?

Hypothetically, and assuming the likely outcome is true and Jon is going to join the Legion of Super-Heroes, what if Jon's (and his parents') new status quo were something akin to what Bendis has had Miles Morales' since his creation, where the Legion would effectively function as a boarding school for 4 and a half to 5 days out of the week, then he'd spend weekends with his folks? That's the very basic idea that I want opinions and thoughts on.

Now regarding continued communication between him and his parents? Well, in the past Bendis has been pretty liberal with the science fiction when it comes to allowing characters to talk no matter the distance (Kitty and Star Lord maintained a budding relationship via hologram communication across half a galaxy), and given the fact that one of the plot points in his Superman run so far was Clark being unable to talk to his family when they went off, I'd imagine the next time Jon goes off it'll be book ended with "nah kid, you gotta call us like everyday. I don't care how old you are now, and I don't care if you are in the future."

I'm also guessing that his Legion team won't be Cosmic Boy, Lighting Lad, and Saturn Girl. I'm picturing a sort of X-Men situation where they're like headmasters/upperclassmen (we've seen Saturn Girl in Doomsday, and she appears to be a peer to Clark in age), and Jon has a mix of new and old characters as his "class." But anyways, thoughts on just the simple hypothetical?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I have a hypothetical regarding Jon's direction going forward that I'd like to get some thoughts on, if that's okay?

Hypothetically, and assuming the likely outcome is true and Jon is going to join the Legion of Super-Heroes, what if Jon's (and his parents') new status quo were something akin to what Bendis has had Miles Morales' since his creation, where the Legion would effectively function as a boarding school for 4 and a half to 5 days out of the week, then he'd spend weekends with his folks? That's the very basic idea that I want opinions and thoughts on.

Now regarding continued communication between him and his parents? Well, in the past Bendis has been pretty liberal with the science fiction when it comes to allowing characters to talk no matter the distance (Kitty and Star Lord maintained a budding relationship via hologram communication across half a galaxy), and given the fact that one of the plot points in his Superman run so far was Clark being unable to talk to his family when they went off, I'd imagine the next time Jon goes off it'll be book ended with "nah kid, you gotta call us like everyday. I don't care how old you are now, and I don't care if you are in the future."

I'm also guessing that his Legion team won't be Cosmic Boy, Lighting Lad, and Saturn Girl. I'm picturing a sort of X-Men situation where they're like headmasters/upperclassmen (we've seen Saturn Girl in Doomsday, and she appears to be a peer to Clark in age), and Jon has a mix of new and old characters as his "class." But anyways, thoughts on just the simple hypothetical?
    It wouldn't matter, if an older Jon talks to his mom and dad or not. People complain about Clark talking to ma and pa kent in post crisis . It would be endearing to some, annoying to others. From the look of the cover we got he seems old enough to be on his own. And is war vetren from a the solicitation. It would feel weird.
    It would not be cute family moment. Kids in a family adds a certain innocence and charm.it would not be something like this.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That's fine. I understand you talking about it in terms of what it won't be, but if at all possible can we please move the conversation forward and talk about what it might/could be? Obviously part of your thoughts on I are rooted in what it's not, but if at all possible can we discuss more than just that
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.