Page 284 of 613 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 9194
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    ...Superman #9 cover, looks like Bendis was being literal when he said crime syndicate as a hint for the future.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq6AhVeH...=1dql8pgapydoj
    Am I strange for marking out about this cover mostly because I approve of Jon Kent's still relatively (to the adults) short height? Like that was maybe my second biggest worry, so it's good to know Bendis and Reis are making him roughly "one year later" Miles' height.

Now the actual cover--like what's going on in it-- is wildly interesting. Jor-El and Jon straight up Rick and Morty'd their way into a conflict with the Crime Syndicate. What's that crazy old man been up to? I had the thought that maybe Jor-El is going around to other universes in search of other Kryptonians so he can build a New Krypton made up of multiversal Kryptonians? I wonder how Zod and the Phantom Zone fit into this?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Here's to hoping the next writer begins their run with, "And Clark woke up in a cold sweat. He noticed Lois next to him in bed, and he could hear Jon live-camming with Damian in his room, despite it being a school night. But at the moment, Clark couldn't be mad. Laying back in bed, Clark breathed a sigh of relief that it was only a bad dream."
    That's the only thing that would save this

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually, Clark knows that A and B no longer apply because A and B was only true when Jor-El was mentally controlled.
    Good to know that years of mental controll and torture leave no scars in the super hero world when it's inconvinient for the plot. Even better still: all the characters in the story know when this is the case and when they can ignore their knowledge.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Am I strange for marking out about this cover mostly because I approve of Jon Kent's still relatively (to the adults) short height? Like that was maybe my second biggest worry, so it's good to know Bendis and Reis are making him roughly "one year later" Miles' height.
    You could also interpret this as his trip in space was so horrible it stunted his growth
    Given his muscles that would be more likely

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    You could also interpret this as his trip in space was so horrible it stunted his growth
    Given his muscles that would be more likely
    Sure, yeah, okay. Or the more likely option that he's a teenager, and the average height for teens under 18 is under 6 feet. Even his dad when he was a teen, and Conner were under 6 feet when they were around 15 to 17.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    We can’t make that call yet though because we don’t have Joe El’s story. I have kids and my parents live on the other side of the country from us. My wife likely thinks my parents are as nuts as Lois thinks Jor El is. My son is 10. But I’d have no real issue with her taking him out to see them for a summer. If she decided they weren’t as nuts as she regularly tells me they are, and left the kid there for the rest of it, I’d trust her judgement.
    But Jor -El actually "was nuts" even if he was mentally controlled
    You 're parents aren't ex-murderers after rehab (the best you can hope for Jor-El at the moment
    With mental controll in the picture my first thought after 1004 would have been, who is controlling Lois or is this a doppelganger
    The big unanswered question is the status of Jor El at the time of Man of Steel. Because that controls the entire tone of the trip. If he’s post-Oz Effect Jor El, I agree with you 100% that it’s horrible characterization. If there is some missing story where Jor El reestablished himself as someone worth Clark trusting, it’s a completely different take.
    If enough people complain this might happen

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Sure, yeah, okay. Or the more likely option that he's a teenager, and the average height for teens under 18 is under 6 feet. Even his dad when he was a teen, and Conner were under 6 feet when they were around 15 to 17.
    Which is why I wrote "given his muscles" if he is before his growth spurt he should have leaner musculature.
    I know this is comic books but Bendis is trying to set a tone here.
    Clark as a teenager was mostly painted slender the last decades at least when someone made an effort

Which is why I wrote "given his muscles" if he is before his growth spurt he should have leaner musculature.
    I know this is comic books but Bendis is trying to set a tone here.
    Clark as a teenager was mostly painted slender the last decades at least when someone made an effort
    Looks to be about as muscular as Conner from the 90s who was between 15 and 16 years old physically, and even then, Jon still isn't muscular enough to fill out his shirt sleeves to where they are skin tight. They bunch and bag at his forearms in just about every image of him at this age there is. His quads are about as large and defined as, again, 15 to 16 year old Conner and 14 to 16 year old Miles Morales'. So it all checks out. Plus, in nearly every way, he's the smallest character on that cover because everyone else is an adult superhero or Kryptonian.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-02-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Now that we know its literally the Earth 3 Crime Syndicate that Jon and Jor-El face, I'm starting to believe more and more that where he's going to clash with Superman when he gets back is a newfound disbelief in the concept of superheroes. Earth 3 being one of potentially many things he sees that turns him against the very idea. He's not evil, its the complete opposite: he loves the Earth but no longer trusts the current construct of superheroics/metas, maybe thinking they do more harm than good to the people.

Furthermore this might have been foreshadowed from the very beginning when Jor-El spoke of his son's superheroics in a less-than-flattering light, showing he doesn't think much of it. Jon might come to the same conclusion for his own reasons.
    Wonder if he’ll go to the Justice Lords Earth? That would be the perfect set-up for what you’re describing. Justice Lord Stewart showed up in a “What’s Coming” teaser at the end of Morrison’s TGL, so we know the Multiverse is coming back in other books in the DCU.

But Jor -El actually "was nuts" even if he was mentally controlled
    You 're parents aren't ex-murderers after rehab (the best you can hope for Jor-El at the moment
    With mental controll in the picture my first thought after 1004 would have been, who is controlling Lois or is this a doppelganger

If enough people complain this might happen
    In the context of Superhero comics, the fact that my mom does laundry a different way is probably analogous to having been mind controlled. I mean Lois and Clark have been mind controlled probably half a dozen times each. Jon at least once.

I don’t think it’ll require outcry. Bendis has said specifically characters in his run will click for readers once Doomsday Clock finishes. My guess is Jor El is one.

BANNED

This is apparently the cover to Superman#9

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

which we've been discussing the past 3 pages lol

Master Hero Vladimir

Where is Superman? Is this issue gonna be an extended flashback?

Astonishing Member

I was wondering why Clark was wearing the wrong suit, that's Ultraman, wow.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Now, all that is left for Jon to complete his future Trunks look is a sword.
    #swordforjon
    #superjedininjaboy
    #supersword